Looking to buy propriety in La Teria

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Apr 2017 9:01 PM by Danyboy Star rating in London. 8 posts Send private message

Hi There, 

we are looking to buy a propriety in la Teria any advice pls.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2017 9:51 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

What or where is La Teria? Normally things, places, people etc come up on Google but nothing like it for that.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2017 11:38 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Do you mean La Tercia in Murcia?

Like 0      
15 Apr 2017 11:33 AM by Danyboy Star rating in London. 8 posts Send private message

Hi ,

Sorry La Tercia Golf Resort in Murcia

Like 0      
15 Apr 2017 11:52 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I don't know much about the golf resort except (I think) the golf course has closed down, last time I drove past there seemed to be a lot of unsold properties or absent owners. It really depends what you want. From my experience of some of the golf resorts they seem to be like ghost towns during low season, and unless you drive you are tied to their shop and bar prices which tend to be higher. (Also I would expect that their community fees are higher if its a gated community with 24 hr security, gardeners etc). If I were you I would look to buy in a town or village where the population remains fairly constant throughout the year, and the prices in bars and shops are lower.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2017 1:23 PM by Danyboy Star rating in London. 8 posts Send private message

15 Apr 2017 5:54 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

My advice is don't buy at first but rent and get chatting to people.LA Torre golf resort is quiet but near towns and amenities.Best wishes

Daveil

Like 1      
15 Apr 2017 7:31 PM by DuncanMcG Star rating in Manchester, UK. 377 posts Send private message

DuncanMcG´s avatar

Danyboy, good advice from Lifeline to rent before you buy. You will only get a good feel for a place by living there, if only for a few days.

Are you looking to move to Spain permanently or looking for a holiday property? If the former, then I would agree with Jarvi's advice that you would be better to buy a property in an established community rather than a gated community. However, if you are looking for a holiday property, a gated community with 24x7 security, perimeter fencing etc is much more secure.

If you are looking for a property on a gated community with a golf course, Lifeline's recommendation of La Torre Golf Resort is a good one. They have good facilities and it is in a good location - handy for local restaurants, bars, shops and supermarkets in Roldan and Balsicas.  Handy for the airport and beaches and a short drive from Murcia, Cartagena and La Zenia at Torrevieja.

Las Terrazas de la Torre Golf Resort is also nearby. Not as many facilities as La Torre but better value for money with respect to the property prices. It has a golf course, pro shop, bar, restaurant and supermarket on site. Read more about it here

La Tercia United Golf Resort as I understand it has no facilities. It is cheaper again in terms of property prices but a bit further away from the beaches and airport.

All depends on what you want and what your budget is.

This message was last edited by DuncanMcG on 15/04/2017.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2017 11:13 AM by Danyboy Star rating in London. 8 posts Send private message

Thank-you for your reply.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2017 10:21 AM by sox Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

It's a great place to live, yes it has it's problems and you need a car but to us it's living the dream and at the prices available it's a bargain.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2017 12:41 PM by Danyboy Star rating in London. 8 posts Send private message

Hi, 

Thanks, for the info what is the charges like?

Like 0      
17 Apr 2017 1:48 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Sox- do you have in your possession a certificate of 1st habitation and escitura? Generally the former is not issued until the development is completed which La Tercia and numerous other golf resorts are not.

Be careful of continuing water ad electricity supply as many are falling into neglect.

Agents can be sparing with the truth in order to get a sale. 

You may not be interested in renting out but as there are so many doing the same, there is little money to be made.

There is also a non residence tax but if you are not on the padron you may not be charged.

Trawl this excellent site and you will get great info. We lived in Murcia for 6 years and loved it. Now we use our house 6 months of the year so in no way are we putting you off the dream but beware.

Daveil

Like 0      
17 Apr 2017 4:16 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Lifeline can you tell us which developments with golf courses that are not completed  therefore would not have certificate of 1st habitation and escitura ??? Thanks 

Like 0      
17 Apr 2017 5:18 PM by sox Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

Lifeline, Yes we have 1st Habitation and Escritura, all above board...😉😉......Don't understand your comment about electric and water falling into neglect..🤔🤔.....Iberdrola have just been on site upgrading all properties to smart meters.

We have live here since 2009 as have other residents including several nationalities including a lot of British, Spanish, Dutch, Belgians, South American and more , its a great place to enjoy life and have a positive outlook rather than the doom and gloom of several so called experts on eye on Spain. 🤗🤗😁😁😎😎

Like 0      
17 Apr 2017 6:15 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Some of the golf resorts in southern Murcia had to wait years for these documents.Agents continue to sell houses illegally.We have friends who put a huge deposit on a house in Jumilla golf resort and 6 years are still fighting in the courts to get any money back.I know we are talking of resales in La Tercia but it has taken time for some to recover deposits in La Tercia in our understanding.

This message was last edited by Lifeline on 17/04/2017.

Daveil

Like 0      
17 Apr 2017 6:59 PM by sox Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

Maybe some have, but sadly that is the problem with forums people commenting on hearsay without knowing,   the O.P. was asking about UGR and your understanding is wrong..😉😉🙄🙄

Like 0      
17 Apr 2017 7:36 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Please clarify OP and UGR

This message was last edited by Lifeline on 17/04/2017.

Daveil

Like 0      
17 Apr 2017 8:24 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Original Poster OP

United Golf Resorts UGR

Like 0      
17 Apr 2017 9:21 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Thanks. But then that is only your opinion! The Spanish press take a different view from that of the expat.

Daveil

Like 0      
17 Apr 2017 9:26 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Yes I also agree that on UGR, for the apartments and some of the villas, 1st Habitation and Escritura, are all above board and the fact that the golf course is closed has nothing to do with these documents, they ONLY ever refer to the property

Yes there was an old issue with power supply capicity on UGR but this got resolved by an upgrade

Look carefully at the condition of the properties and communial facilities, before making a decision, especially the blocks by the gates that have subsided

Remember that it is unlikley that the course will re-open anytime soon so you rely on the local town for facilities

There is a local resort with properties, Serena Golf, where there is still issues with 1st Habitation Certiicate , the apartments by the hotel, because the builder built more properties that he should have but this is being sorted

Same on Sierra Golf where they are legalising everything as part of the pre-sales process

Jumila Golf Resort is in no way related to the COH, more t do with the fact that it was never built and buyers did not have any bank guarntees

Being on the Padron isn't related to non-residents tax directly, you have to be registered as a fiscal residence and complete an annual tax return but non-residents tax for a property on UGR would be less that €200 a year

As I always say if you can get a property at the right price, in an area that you know and enjoy, if you can afford it without having to work in Spain great, enjoy but don't rely on rentals on UGR to offset expenses

Like 1      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HACIENDA ALAMO GOLF RESORT - 0 posts
Sports equipment shop murcia area - 3 posts
No internet in Mijas Golf - 0 posts
Deposit Return - 39 posts
Electric vehicle charging in Spain - 5 posts
Auto Electrician - 6 posts
Bank Guarantees and IVA - 5 posts
Football supporter reports - 3 posts
A battle of Wills - A cautionary tale. - 25 posts
Apartment rental - Inspection notification - 5 posts
Mobile Phone Question - 2 posts
Car insurance - 11 posts
relief Animal shelter managers - 0 posts
Sun Blind Electric with Remote Control Cream - 2 posts
decorating - 8 posts
Property deeds and ex partners - 11 posts
How can I submit a 210 quarterly rental income form myself - 30 posts
Which type of Air Conditioning is best - 1 posts
police stations - 2 posts
Transport help - 6 posts
christmas weather - 4 posts
Where are the touristic areas of Lanzarote? - 1 posts
MEET AND GREET SERVICE - 0 posts
Spanish and Uk overseas housing market - 2 posts
EBAY selling from Spain - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x