Electrics

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Its me again - How do we go about sorting out the electricity supply for our new apartment.From what I have read we seem to have to go somewhere to get it all started but the book was as clear as mud !

I will try not to think of too many more questions but probably will ! 

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
14 Sep 2007 11:23 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Your builder/developer/agent should have sorted it all out for you.  If not, contact Iberdrola who will come along and fit a fuse in your flat and connect you to the mains.  You will have to set up a standing order with them to pay the bills.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2007 11:55 PM by ef Star rating in Oxfordshire / Casare.... 150 posts Send private message

Some, if not all banks have a service whereby they will set up your utilities for you, we used Solbank's free service for this and they were extremely efficient and quick. Much quicker (and cheaper) than lots of our neighbours who used their solicitors to do it. Banco Santander also have this service. so I'm sure the others do.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2007 9:24 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Thank you for your replies they are really helpful  

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
17 Sep 2007 9:40 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi ef

Do the banks advertise these services on their webpages? I bank with Barclays and don't recall having seen anything about it.

Mark

Like 0      
17 Sep 2007 11:09 PM by ef Star rating in Oxfordshire / Casare.... 150 posts Send private message

Hi Mark

Solbank and Banco Santander both have leaflets in the branches about it, don't know whether Barclays do it, they may feel that they don't need any added-value services for Brits, just being a British bank might be enough! It is certainly on the Solbank website - part of their "Prestige Care Account", I haven't got around to going on the Banco Santander website yet. When we were shopping around for banks, we discounted Barclays as they were really expensive compared to Solbank.

Emma

Like 0      
17 Sep 2007 11:41 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You need the official "boletin" from the developer before you can do anything. This is basically a certificate that states everything is correct and legal with the installation. No LFO - no boletin. But then, you all have the LFO, right?

Sevillana (supplier for CDS) do not insist on standing order, you can pay cash on receipt of your factura (invoice) which comes every 2 months. So no need to involve the bank - although of course it may be easier for some to do it that way, especially if you are not living here year round. Just make sure you check your bank statements carefully. Banks are not to be trusted, IMHO!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Sep 2007 12:26 AM by ef Star rating in Oxfordshire / Casare.... 150 posts Send private message

I meant to say that in my earlier post about the Boletin and forgot, yes you do need it, but an email or fax copy will do.

I know you live there, Roberto and I'm a mere part-time newcomer, but  I still say that Solbank Prestige Care were FANTASTIC in getting my electric connected - free service, 48 hours from supplying the boletin by email from UK I had electricity in my newly acquired apt in Spain. Solbank were really good, efficient and helpful. They also told me how to get the water connected which I then did myself on my next trip - again very simple and straightforward and connected on the next day! Our solicitor wanted 1,000 Euros and 6-8 weeks to do what Solbank and I achieved for free and within 48 hours in both cases. I have not really experienced the banks for long enough to be able to comment on them beyond that, but the service I receive from Solbank in Estepona is 2nd to none - personal banking that you don't get in the UK anymore. (And their online banking is far superior to my UK Barclays and NatWest versions too!) And no, I'm not on any kind of commission!

Like 0      
18 Sep 2007 12:45 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

It sounds like Solbank have been very helpful to you in setting up the service payments on your new house.

I've been with them for 4 years but now I find the fees have gone up and I'm paying over 200e a year.  I use the account to pay the houshold bills by direct debit and I load it up each visit.  I don't draw cash from the account as I use my Nationwide debit card for any cash I need.

Next trip I'm going to change the account to Halifax as I understand if you leave 600e in the account all charges are free including the bi annual declaration of non residence status..  As I leave more than this amount in my account this bank will work out better.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2007 6:56 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

You had best be careful with your nationwide card transactions.  i understand that they are ending this free transaction service if it has not already done so.

we use the Halifax and even get our statements back in the UK. Also we get free transfers from our UK halifax account at a reasonable exchange rate.

Steve

Like 0      
18 Sep 2007 7:54 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I think the Nationwide debit card will continue to be free to use for foreign cash withdrawals - there is a change to the amount being charged on credit card withdrawals however. But don't take my word for it, check with your branch.

I've heard good reports from other foreign residents about Solbank. Certainly sounds like they offer a good service, and nobody minds paying a little to get good service. I mentioned my lack of faith in banks only as a warning that banks can & do make mistakes, and in my experience at least, when that happens, it's not always as easy to get them to correct their error, even when it obviously was their error. Customer care is not a high priority here

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 1:24 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Well, I have been emailing two different addresses at Key Mare trying to get water/ electricity connection details for the last week or so. Why doesn't it surprise me that no- one can be bothered to answer? We are hoping to complete in less than two weeks now and this is now a priority as far as I am concerned as we would like it all connected when we visit mid October, or what is the point? Both utilities are also needed for snagging purposes.

Anyone with any ideas how to give them a right royal kick up the ar*e?

Mark

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 1:27 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Why not PM "Wetone" to see if he can help?

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 1:33 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Is that Phil Noreen? If so, I have emailed him in the past and been ignored too!!

Mark

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 1:37 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Yes it is Phil.

Have you just PM'd him or did you have his keymare email address?

I will PM the Keymare one to you.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2007 1:39 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I have used his KM address. I have only been answered  1 in 3 times!! I suppose it won't hurt to try and pm him as another avenue.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NIE numbers - 2 posts
Must be mad starting up a real estate agency in vera playa/mojacar - 4 posts
Pat & Wes - 1 posts
6,000,000...............seat's........? ? - 19 posts
Education: First Job in Spain/UK, University in Spain/UK or Gap Year????? - 3 posts
What a pants exchange rate!!! - 4 posts
Vodafone Sim Card - 9 posts
SOMEONE IS SELLING OUR PROPERTY ON EYEONSPAIN WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION, DESPITE CONTACTING EYEONSPAIN SEVERALTIMES TO COMPLAIN, WITHOUT REPLY - 5 posts
new member - 3 posts
Insurance for property - 0 posts
Could someone help us with where to start looking please. - 14 posts
Hola.... again! - 6 posts
Are you thinking of coming over on an INSPECTION/FLYBY/ Tour? - 3 posts
cockroaches - 27 posts
Hi - 1 posts
The School in San Cayetano - 19 posts
your views on our uk tv quote...? - 16 posts
Wanted Short tem let near Mar Menor Murcia - 4 posts
Sim de-activation - 2 posts
Shot Guns/Firearms - 0 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 5 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 2 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 0 posts
OASIS HOTELS CORRALEJO FUERTEVENTURA - 1 posts
Writer and her well-behaved dog looking for winter rental in Marbella - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x