NIE numbers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

I applied for my NIE number in London on June 1st. It should have been sent to my Spanish lawyer but as yet it hasn't arrived.

.Has anyone else experienced similar problems ?

We are due to complete any day so I am worried it will delay matters further.Is there any way around it as I read that you can get it done in Spain and take a provisional

copy for completion .

thank you in anticipation of all the help I always receive - I am so grateful

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
15 Sep 2007 10:48 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Our solicitor was able to apply for our NIE numbers with power of attorney in Cartagena, it took two weeks for the application to be processed. I believe other provinces in Spain are still operationg under the old law, but can't tell you which ones. Our solicitor also offerd to complete on our behalf if our numbers hadn't come through, not sure how easy it would be for you to get your solicitor to do the same?

Mark

Like 0      
17 Sep 2007 9:33 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Thanks for your reply.

We are in (or should I say hope to be in ) Altea which is North of Alicante so maybe it is different there.

I have tried in vain to contact the police in Madrid which is where London sent my application but the number is engaged all the time.

My lawyer is chasing it up but he doesnt seem to be having much luck either and it's hard to know where to go from here.I think that John is at the stage of getting someone by the scruff of the neck as its taken so long.Incidently they lost my first application which was months ago !

I keep reading conflicting advice as some articles say a lawyer can do it for you - I think as you say it must vary from province to province.

Has anyone else any ideas  PLEASE !

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Must be mad starting up a real estate agency in vera playa/mojacar - 4 posts
Pat & Wes - 1 posts
6,000,000...............seat's........? ? - 19 posts
Education: First Job in Spain/UK, University in Spain/UK or Gap Year????? - 3 posts
What a pants exchange rate!!! - 4 posts
Vodafone Sim Card - 9 posts
SOMEONE IS SELLING OUR PROPERTY ON EYEONSPAIN WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION, DESPITE CONTACTING EYEONSPAIN SEVERALTIMES TO COMPLAIN, WITHOUT REPLY - 5 posts
new member - 3 posts
Insurance for property - 0 posts
Could someone help us with where to start looking please. - 14 posts
Hola.... again! - 6 posts
Are you thinking of coming over on an INSPECTION/FLYBY/ Tour? - 3 posts
cockroaches - 27 posts
Hi - 1 posts
The School in San Cayetano - 19 posts
your views on our uk tv quote...? - 16 posts
Wanted Short tem let near Mar Menor Murcia - 4 posts
Sim de-activation - 2 posts
Shot Guns/Firearms - 0 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 5 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 2 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 0 posts
OASIS HOTELS CORRALEJO FUERTEVENTURA - 1 posts
Writer and her well-behaved dog looking for winter rental in Marbella - 0 posts
UK Paramedic - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x