What a pants exchange rate!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just reading Teletext to see that the £ is at it's lowest against the Euro for some time. I just checked the money exchange we use and the rate is 1.44!!! I am so glad we transferred most of our purchase oney a couple of weeks ago when it was in excess of 1.47!!!

Good old Northern Rock . I wonder who's next????

Mark

Like 0      
14 Sep 2007 6:02 PM by saznaz Star rating in los altos and kent. 134 posts Send private message

Tell me about it we aren't completing til end of year but need to sort our mortgage out today and have had to borrow quiet a bit more to take into account the rubbish rate Let's hope it picks up

Like 0      
14 Sep 2007 6:17 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Yeah, I noticed this today too.  Most of the currency brokers allow you to forward buy your Euros at a time when you think the rate is good.

Let's hope it picks up again!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
14 Sep 2007 8:47 PM by lewjan62 Star rating in West Sussex / Casare.... 134 posts Send private message

lewjan62´s avatar

I know I am only talking small fry in comparison to you guys who are transferring funds for mortgages etc, but we only got 1.40 today when exchanging our pounds for euros for our up-coming trip to our apartment next week. Pretty poor I feel.

Something I was unaware of which I came across the other day when transferring money over from Hlfx to Hlfx Es, was that when the chap firstly did the transaction he neglected to notice that I was transferring from one Halifax account to another (even thought his records should have shown him I have been doing this for years!!) and so had entered the transfer charge. He then quoted me approx 1.40 rate. When the error was remedied he quoted me just over 1.41. This was to my benefit, but I had not realised that the rate changed if I was an existing customer. Is this common knowledge or am I being naive?

Like 0      
15 Sep 2007 10:43 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I know it is the weekend and that the exchanges aren't really open today, but it is still dropping. 1.43958875 today!! . I'm hoping that itpicks up soon as we have a large(ish) amount to transfer at the end of the month once payday has been!!

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Vodafone Sim Card - 9 posts
SOMEONE IS SELLING OUR PROPERTY ON EYEONSPAIN WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION, DESPITE CONTACTING EYEONSPAIN SEVERALTIMES TO COMPLAIN, WITHOUT REPLY - 5 posts
new member - 3 posts
Insurance for property - 0 posts
Could someone help us with where to start looking please. - 14 posts
Hola.... again! - 6 posts
Are you thinking of coming over on an INSPECTION/FLYBY/ Tour? - 3 posts
cockroaches - 27 posts
Hi - 1 posts
The School in San Cayetano - 19 posts
your views on our uk tv quote...? - 16 posts
Wanted Short tem let near Mar Menor Murcia - 4 posts
Sim de-activation - 2 posts
Shot Guns/Firearms - 0 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 5 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 2 posts
Criminal claim vs. Mirador and Palmera Properties. - 0 posts
OASIS HOTELS CORRALEJO FUERTEVENTURA - 1 posts
Writer and her well-behaved dog looking for winter rental in Marbella - 0 posts
UK Paramedic - 3 posts
Sunday Maket in General Torrevieja Area? - 3 posts
Sunday Market in General Torrevieja Area - 0 posts
Patsim - 0 posts
ohhhhh fed up - 12 posts
New Business - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x