White good from Uk

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Dec 2016 7:48 PM by hotjoe Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Has anybody shipped white goods over from the U.K. I am not bothered about loosing the Uk guarantee, more bothered about the wiring. 

Like 0      
25 Dec 2016 8:07 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Should be perfectly OK if they are less than 15 years old.

Be careful with high current devices from anywhere. Not a safety problem, a supply problem. Many Spanish properties have the supply current limited to 25A. Some have thermal cutouts to make sure you do not exceed this. Most annoying if you are cooking a meal on a winter evening and you loose all power and light for 10+ minutes.

Think carefully and get someone to do the sums if you want to change from a gas to an electric device.

Modern TV's are OK as they are produced to work on both standards. Don't bring an old one. Again anything under about 15 years old should be OK. But it might be worth checking your instruction booklet or with the manufacturer.

This message was last edited by tteedd on 25/12/2016.

This message was last edited by tteedd on 25/12/2016.

Like 0      
25 Dec 2016 8:24 PM by hotjoe Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Thanks for the quick response, looking at buying brand new in the U.K. on most of the electric goods.

Like 0      
25 Dec 2016 8:28 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Why not buy brand new in Spain - prices are very similar most will deliver free etc.and same models

If you do bring from UK suggest you change plugs when you get here and don't use adapters

Like 0      
25 Dec 2016 8:38 PM by hotjoe Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

I've seen washers for under £200 in Argos, also there is a place in my town that sell them cheap also TVs are cheap in the U.K., thanks for the plugs idea.

Like 0      
25 Dec 2016 9:33 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Good luck but as I said similar prices in Spain

media markt have washers from 160€

take a look on line and compare

Loads of shops large and small

Like 0      
25 Dec 2016 9:48 PM by hotjoe Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Yes i will look at media mart, i did have a quick look on line at Euronics in Spain. 

y

Like 0      
25 Dec 2016 10:00 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

You could also try Eroski, I believe they are around Spain. By the time you have bought in UK and had them shipped, they are more expensive, also a lot of carriers won't insure TVs. Most electrical items are no different for the EU/ UK market, except with the plugs they are fitted with. Some UK market TVs don't have the full digital range to scan for channels, so bear that in mind too.

Mark

Like 0      
25 Dec 2016 10:15 PM by hotjoe Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Yes will do cheers.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2017 5:12 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

That £35 microwave  would work out rather expensive by the time you shipped it over ,I bought one from Consum last week for 45€ and it had the correct plug fitted Even.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK plated Spanish LHD Car - 7 posts
Christmas wishes - 0 posts
Your refund linked to Floor Clause in your spanish mortgage - 17 posts
Obvious question I know but any info would be helpful - 4 posts
Chimney Sweep - 1 posts
Mortgage or cash ? - 9 posts
Mortgage Brokers - 0 posts
Notarized copies of documents - 12 posts
IBI demand - 15 posts
Modifying a Spanish Reg'd US built vehicle - 6 posts
Lawyers Liability - 14 posts
Leaky roof. - 25 posts
Registering a UK catering trailer in Spain - 8 posts
dogs in winter - 7 posts
Capital Gains tax refund when selling - 19 posts
floods - 3 posts
supermarkets - 8 posts
Mobility Scooters - 2 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 8 posts
Registering a car - 16 posts
Non EU national, resident in Spain, married to EU national, travelling to UK - 5 posts
Who said lawyer isn´t liable? - 5 posts
Supreme Court Crack Down on Timeshare Contracts - 0 posts
Replaying ball in the stree - 10 posts
Finca near Villablanca - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x