dogs in winter

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Dec 2016 10:21 AM by Hz Star rating in lincolnshire. 32 posts Send private message

Hi Is it safe to take my dog on the beach now its winter will I still get fined

am in Almoradi area but dont mind a half hour drive or so, know its not legal but have heard in winter its pretty ok,

will pick up after my dog, are they allowed off the lead in country parks, are there ticks, at this time of the year,

have heard people go to la marina beach, or are there any more secluded beaches, where do the spanish go,

thanks

Like 0      
08 Dec 2016 10:24 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

why even consider it?

You should get fined

People still use the beaches in the winter why should they or anyone be subject to watching (or seeing) your dog doing its business on the beach even if you do pick it up.

Like 2      
08 Dec 2016 1:41 PM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

You should look up 'playa can' on Google for the Alicante area to see where the dog friendly sections are. Rules regarding dogs on beaches are not seasonal so what goes for summer also goes for winter. I know many Spanish people don't care for these rules but that doesn't mean you shouldn't either. 

Like 2      
08 Dec 2016 2:34 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

There are some beaches you can take dogs on.

Dog Beach Map

Like 1      
08 Dec 2016 3:09 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Bobaol

Wasn't aware some dog friendly beaches around but they are not doggie toilets just like all other public places even if owners do pick up 

Like 0      
08 Dec 2016 9:19 PM by Hz Star rating in lincolnshire. 32 posts Send private message

Thanks to all x

Like 0      
10 Dec 2016 11:07 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

People still use the beaches in the winter why should they or anyone be subject to watching (or seeing) your dog doing its business on the beach even if you do pick it up.

Absolutely.  I find in very unpleasant to see a dog defecating,  just as I would if a human did it.

I believe police dogs and probably other ‘professional’ dogs are trained not to defecate in the street and they urinate on command.

I would have thought it would not be too difficult to train a dog to do in on a sheet of newspaper before it left home and there save us who dislike being obliged to view the practice.

My wife trained a cat to urinate and defecate in the toilet.

Like 1      
21 Apr 2018 5:27 PM by jonnysnow Star rating in Now I moved to USA.. 6 posts Send private message

Yes, I agree that's not nice at all for those who go to the beach seeing dog doing it's business there...

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Capital Gains tax refund when selling - 19 posts
floods - 3 posts
supermarkets - 8 posts
Mobility Scooters - 2 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 8 posts
Registering a car - 16 posts
Non EU national, resident in Spain, married to EU national, travelling to UK - 5 posts
Who said lawyer isn´t liable? - 5 posts
Supreme Court Crack Down on Timeshare Contracts - 0 posts
Replaying ball in the stree - 10 posts
Finca near Villablanca - 2 posts
Re registering a spainish car - 17 posts
Towing a boat - 5 posts
Alicante Car Hire - 7 posts
Europa Energy - 0 posts
Eye lasering - 7 posts
BBQ 30th November - 0 posts
fine - 3 posts
Community Water - 12 posts
Re Registering Car Witn No NIE - 8 posts
New here! - 4 posts
English folk music club. - 2 posts
making an off - 28 posts
TV set top box - 7 posts
Today's daft question! - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x