Notarized copies of documents

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Dec 2016 9:16 PM by robertpevec Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello,

I am a tourist from Croatia and i will stay for a few months in Spain, Barcelona area. 

Since I had some really bad experiences with my document on my prior trips, and since i have been advised by a friend, I went to Notario office in Blanes and I had notarised copies of my passport and my driving licence. 

And now I would like to be sure that i dont brake law, so can someone please tell me am i allowed to carry only these copies with me? Would GC/Mossos accept them if they pull me over on some roadblock or routine check when driving scooter or a spanish plate car.

Tnx,

Like 0      
15 Dec 2016 12:57 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

When driving a vehicle you must have your original Driving Licence with you.

Although copies of passports are not legal ID and that applied to notarised copies too unless they are notarised by the authority which issued them.   (The treason for this is that only the issuing authority can be certain that the original from which the copy was made was in fact a genuine document and not a forgery).

In most circumstances there is little chance you would have a problem just producing a photocopy of your passport which you made yourself. 

If you need to go to say a notary, police station, court or other official place then take the original.

Also, if stay more than 3 month permanently then you would need to register on the EU Citizens Register.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2016 2:09 PM by robertpevec Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Ok, thank you very much, I know abou that 90 days rule and i probably wont exceed that.

I have made those copies at official Notario office in Spain, with all the seals, stamps and signatures, on theirs official papers. So if I understood ypu corectltly, even though these are not completly legal, I probably wont have a problem if pulled over for routine check?

Like 0      
15 Dec 2016 2:52 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

At the risk of being accused of being pedantic,   the copies you have are not legal in any sense and are just the same  as copies you could have made yourself.  That is, unfortunately you wasted your money with the notary.   

Had the notary been honest that is what he/she should have told you and not have taken your money to provide worthless bits of paper.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2016 3:11 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I don't fully understand the 3 month stay thing, my brother who has just come out of the French armed forces has been staying in one of my houses since May, no one has said a word, and he has been to my solicitor on my behalf, been to my bank etc etc, driving his French registered car which he did get stopped with twice, cops checked his papers said nothing, and to date nothing else has happened.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2016 3:18 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I don't fully understand the 3 month stay thing,

Nothing really to understand,   it is simply the law in Spain.  Those affected are supposed to know and in Spain, as in  UK, ignorance of the law is no defence if one is found to be breaking the law.

This might be helpful:- See  ' you must still register with the Central Register of Foreign Nationals (Registro Central de Extranjeros), no later than 3 months after arriving in Spain.'   at  http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/residence/documents-formalities/registering-residence/spain/index_en.htm

This message was last edited by johnzx on 15/12/2016.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2016 9:26 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I have no doubt my brother wont register, lets presume he gets picked up on this, what will they do, chuck him out? fine him? that might be the law but I just cannot see how they can enforce it after all he will just say he's on holiday, a long one at that, so even if you have a long holiday in Spain you have to register, don't think I would either.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2016 9:32 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Good luck to your brother Baz

However, from what you say he is now officially tax resident in Spain so another problem in the future maybe tax evasion.    If he comes within the 210 declaration requirements, not declaring means a minimum fine of 10,000 euros and up to 150% of the assets not declared.   

If the authorities want to find out how long a person has been here then asking their neighbours is just one of the simplest ways.

I would have thought being legal might be a lot cheaper

But as I say,  good luck to him, it is none of my business

Like 0      
16 Dec 2016 2:07 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

johnzx

Sorry but I do not agree with the minimum

not declaring means a minimum fine of 10,000 euros and

Substantial fines yes

Saying that the authorites are simply not interested and do not put enough (or any) effort in catching anyone other than footballers.

As for asking neighbours - it simply does not happen

even reporting of people does not work as we have discussed before

Like 0      
16 Dec 2016 2:25 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I should of course have said  If he comes within the 720 declaration requirements not 210,

Extract from:    https://www.blevinsfranks.com/News/BlevinsFranks/Article/modelo-720-spain-2016

For failing to file Modelo 720 or filing it incorrectly: €5,000 per infraction (minimum fine of €10,000 for each group of assets).

Tadd  As for asking neighbours - it simply does not happen 

Well I have been with the National Police when they have done just that. So I see no reason why Hacienda and others would not do it.  It's a pretty obvious basic thing to do

This message was last edited by johnzx on 16/12/2016.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2016 2:46 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

sorry johnzx but your contact with the national police took no action when I gave you info for them, they asked nobody and di nothing (unless of course you did nothing)

the police may ask neghbours for burglaires, attacke etc in the hope they  can get witnesses but none are proactive in cathcing tax evaders - maybe they don't have respurecs or it is alow priority but the fact remains so many like baz's brother get away with it year after year after year

I have in the past searched all press in Spain and even court proceedings and tax cases are few and far between unless you are a footballer

Yes anyone could ask the neighbours but they fact is they don't

But I forget you are so involved in everything the police and such an expert on Spanihs policing and Spanish lawsurprise you probably accompany them on raids questioning interviewing investigating arrests  etc. in every aspect of the law and all over Spaincheeky

Like 0      
16 Dec 2016 6:35 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Tadd    sorry johnzx but your contact with the national police took no action when I gave you info for them, they asked nobody and di nothing (unless of course you did nothing)

Tom.   On 27th Oct 2015  following your request for me to pass on info re your neighbours who were doing illegal taxi runs, handyman work etc. I sent you a PM saying I has posted the details of a web page, which I had obtained from a police inspector,  where you could inform anonymously on your neighbours.   It was then up to you.

Re the failing to make the 720 declaration

Tadd I have in the past searched all press in Spain and even court proceedings and tax cases are few and far between unless you are a footballer

Maybe you missed this:-  

The first year in which offshore assets had to be declared was 2013. However, the taxpayer in question, a pensioner resident in Granada, did not disclose his EUR 340,000 of stocks and cash in Switzerland until the following year. When he did, he was ordered to pay more than EUR 442,000 in late payment interest, fines and other costs.

According to El Economista in late May, Spain's tax agency imposed on him 'a fine of EUR 253,950 for failing to declare his assets held abroad on time, as well as an extra EUR 169,300 to regularise the undeclared amount and another EUR 16,060 in late payment interest'.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 16/12/2016.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2016 6:53 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

johnzx

we have been here before

you also said you gave a copy to the police inspector in charge of  the place you work (I presented the info you supplied and explained anonymity was required.)and also your friend husband who was a middle ranking officer in hacienda (I stil ahve the pm's)

NOTHING happened and they are still at it even after both of our efforts to report

As I said few and far between the case you quote is easy to find on internet and it was 2013/14!!!!!!!

How many of Tony down the pub's mates have been caught or even investigated (I know you werecheeky)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IBI demand - 15 posts
Modifying a Spanish Reg'd US built vehicle - 6 posts
Lawyers Liability - 14 posts
Leaky roof. - 25 posts
Registering a UK catering trailer in Spain - 8 posts
dogs in winter - 7 posts
Capital Gains tax refund when selling - 19 posts
floods - 3 posts
supermarkets - 8 posts
Mobility Scooters - 2 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 8 posts
Registering a car - 16 posts
Non EU national, resident in Spain, married to EU national, travelling to UK - 5 posts
Who said lawyer isn´t liable? - 5 posts
Supreme Court Crack Down on Timeshare Contracts - 0 posts
Replaying ball in the stree - 10 posts
Finca near Villablanca - 2 posts
Re registering a spainish car - 17 posts
Towing a boat - 5 posts
Alicante Car Hire - 7 posts
Europa Energy - 0 posts
Eye lasering - 7 posts
BBQ 30th November - 0 posts
fine - 3 posts
Community Water - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x