UK plated Spanish LHD Car

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Dec 2016 12:26 AM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Has anybody had a UK plated Spanish LHD Car, put back on to Spanish plates, how much did it cost apx, please dont tell me its the same price as a UK RHD Car would cost.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2016 4:29 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

OK, I won't tell you anything, I'll ask you this - why would it cost any different? Or am I missing your point? A UK plated car is a UK plated car. Bringing it to Spain and re-registering it, surely it makes no difference whether it's LHD or RHD, or where it's previously been registered?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Dec 2016 4:47 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Well silly me its just i  thought because it was once on the Spanish data base, all the details would be to hand of that car so there would be less work involved, and you like me dont know if the lights have been put on to the UK side, because if they have not there would be no cost there, unlike a UK car there defo would be, so anyway dont bother replying to this post, because you clearly dont know all the fact.Do You

Like 1      
23 Dec 2016 5:13 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I'm sorry you find my question so offensive, but I'm only trying to help. Your post implies that you are asking about fixed registration costs (which are based on things like CO & value), not additional costs for adapting the lights. But anyway, if the car is on UK plates, the lights must have been changed when it was registered in the UK (otherwise it could not have passed an MoT), and will have to be changed back when registering it in Spain. Logical?

If you start a new thread with a condescending comment like "please don't tell me..." and say things like "don't bother replying to this post, because you clearly dont know all the facts" then I'm afraid you're unlikely to get any better responses than mine anyway. Try being nicer - it's Christmas! 

laugh

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Dec 2016 6:16 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

23 Dec 2016 6:49 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

No idea what that's supposed to mean, but your rudeness & ignorance are becoming rather embarrassing.

"If you mean the 3% retention tax ( to make sure you have left no debt)"

"you clearly dont know all the fact.Do You"

You said it.

Idiot.

Peace and goodwill etc. etc....cheeky

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Dec 2016 7:57 PM by gazzerb Star rating in Malaga/Winchester. 34 posts Send private message

neworld: I have an ex UK registered LHD car. I was told it was ex France. When I came to register it in Spain, it came up on the DGT website as ex Alicante. We had to produce all original documents to prove it was not a "ringer". Other than that it was a straight forward import with all the usual standard charges.

Further to that: A mate of mine registered his Spanish car in the UK without informing DGT of export but continued to pay his IVTM (road tax in Spain). On return to Spain he fitted his old number plates onto the car, ITV'd it and notified DVLA that the car had been exported.

Take which ever is suitable!

Like 0      
25 Dec 2016 3:12 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

gazzerb thanks for the info, and thanks for people who sent me a pm.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Christmas wishes - 0 posts
Your refund linked to Floor Clause in your spanish mortgage - 17 posts
Obvious question I know but any info would be helpful - 4 posts
Chimney Sweep - 1 posts
Mortgage or cash ? - 9 posts
Mortgage Brokers - 0 posts
Notarized copies of documents - 12 posts
IBI demand - 15 posts
Modifying a Spanish Reg'd US built vehicle - 6 posts
Lawyers Liability - 14 posts
Leaky roof. - 25 posts
Registering a UK catering trailer in Spain - 8 posts
dogs in winter - 7 posts
Capital Gains tax refund when selling - 19 posts
floods - 3 posts
supermarkets - 8 posts
Mobility Scooters - 2 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 8 posts
Registering a car - 16 posts
Non EU national, resident in Spain, married to EU national, travelling to UK - 5 posts
Who said lawyer isn´t liable? - 5 posts
Supreme Court Crack Down on Timeshare Contracts - 0 posts
Replaying ball in the stree - 10 posts
Finca near Villablanca - 2 posts
Re registering a spainish car - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x