Registering a UK catering trailer in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Dec 2016 5:03 PM by D444nyl Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi

i visit Spain for 3 months a year. I would like to driver over a catering trailer to Spain and register it so i can apply for permission to sell hot food at festivals. Does anyone know what i need to do to achieve this, I have a catering trailer that weighs 2600kg and is 14 feet by 7 Feet, i have a UK registered vehicle that i will be taking with me to tow the trailer, i know i would need to transfer the vehicle to spanish plates, but i dont have a clue where to start with the trailer and what kind of money its going to cost.

thanks

Danny 

This message was last edited by D444nyl on 08/12/2016.

Like 0      
08 Dec 2016 5:42 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Why would you need to transfer the UK car to Spanish plates if you are only in Spain for 3 months. if you did surley you would have to transfer it back to UK plates when you return to the UK?

As for the trailer again as you are only in Spain for  3 months what do caravaners do? - but then again if you are planning to trade from it I am not sure there may be different rules

You will of course need trading licences for wherever you trade in Spain - as for tax you will probably need to declare all income in Spain on your UK tax return

This is all assuming you will be returning to the UK for the remaining 9 months of the year of course

Another point does your business insurances cover you for operating / trading in Spain

You really need to go see an expert

Like 0      
08 Dec 2016 5:58 PM by D444nyl Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks for your reply. I would be leaving the vehicle and trailer in Spain. I would also be staying in Spain alot longer as my business in the UK is running smoothly and my brother would be managing it for me. So i would most likey be in Spain for atleast 6 months of the year. I would register myself in Spain and pay tax in Spain according to the Spanish law.

What i already know is my trailer will need its own red plate number and a itv test what i would like to know is whats the cost of registering a trailer in Spain and where do i start the process. 

I know i have to get permission from the local council where i am going to trade from and i know each council has its own fees. 

Thanks

Danny

This message was last edited by D444nyl on 08/12/2016.

Like 0      
08 Dec 2016 6:15 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I'm not sure you would be able to register a UK trailer here at all, because it's entrance would be on the offside rather than nearside - but that may just be an urban myth. You seriously need to speak to a competent gestor in Spain for advice on this, most pundits here (myself included on this topic) will just be guessing.

By the way, food trucks have taken off in quite a big way here recently and can be seen in numbers at many events. They appear to be multinational (in terms of cuisine offered at least), but I suspect that the operators are for the most part long-time residents, if not Spanish nationals, and I would imagine it will be hard to find an "in". Just food for thought (pardon the pun!)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
08 Dec 2016 8:13 PM by D444nyl Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

My trailer door opens on the back of the trailer, dont think that would be a problem. 

Thabks for the advise, i will get i contact with a gestor in Spain, unless i come across someone who has been through this process before

thanks for the information 

Like 0      
09 Dec 2016 1:33 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The only food trailers I have seen in Spain ,belongs to a old Spanish fellow that sells ready cooked chickens on Camposol urbanization 2 days a week, he is also in The Sunday market down in Mazorron ,their was a fellow that went around Camposol selling general food type goods from what looked like a old ice cream van ,he lasted about 2 months then the police shut him down.So do your home work before you hump that trailer all the way over to Spain.

Like 0      
09 Dec 2016 1:36 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Surely a gestor is your only choice even if you find someone who has done this before

Like 0      
14 Dec 2016 8:26 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Curiously, I spotted this old jalopy in town today alongside a load of other, Spanish registered food trucks. Left hand drive, but UK plates. Quick internet check shows no UK tax since 2010, MoT expired 2012, and judging by the two flat rear tyres, it didn't actually arrive here under it's own steam anyway. Maybe it came on a trailer - I'll ask Tony down the pub if he knows anything about it! Looking a the state of it, I won't be ordering any burritos from it either.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
26 Dec 2016 1:24 PM by Angela3 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi. I am new to this forum. It is so interesting here with you ;)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

dogs in winter - 7 posts
Capital Gains tax refund when selling - 19 posts
floods - 3 posts
supermarkets - 8 posts
Mobility Scooters - 2 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 8 posts
Registering a car - 16 posts
Non EU national, resident in Spain, married to EU national, travelling to UK - 5 posts
Who said lawyer isn´t liable? - 5 posts
Supreme Court Crack Down on Timeshare Contracts - 0 posts
Replaying ball in the stree - 10 posts
Finca near Villablanca - 2 posts
Re registering a spainish car - 17 posts
Towing a boat - 5 posts
Alicante Car Hire - 7 posts
Europa Energy - 0 posts
Eye lasering - 7 posts
BBQ 30th November - 0 posts
fine - 3 posts
Community Water - 12 posts
Re Registering Car Witn No NIE - 8 posts
New here! - 4 posts
English folk music club. - 2 posts
making an off - 28 posts
TV set top box - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x