is it wise to move to Spain post Brexit

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Oct 2016 9:38 AM by xJenny Star rating in Spain/England. 12 posts Send private message

What can I say then, more the fool you, everyone has to have money in one form or another to survive the daily living and heaven only knows the poster cant live on being kind? 

How is a person taking paid work away from someone who has a need? if the Police can't speak English, and another person has taken the time to learn Spanish, then they should be reimbursed, I have authorised many payments for translation work, one Belgium chap I have dealt with gets a good payment for his work when the time comes, and on a regular basis due to his language skills and the illegals getting caught who can't, or wont speak English. Its good paid work, if you can get it. Perhaps work in a charity shop if you feel bad taking payments, I understand they don't pay staff.

Like 3      
04 Oct 2016 11:23 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I've tried to stay quiet, but this takes the biscuit. I don't know who you are, or what your motives for joining EOS are, xJenny, but you seem intent on causing disruption on what is normally a civilized, cordial forum. What the heck is your problem? People come on here to either ask for, or provide information based on their own experiences and knowledge. You don't appear to be asking for any help, but neither are you offering anything useful or helpful. You may own several properties in Spain, but clearly have very little knowledge of the law or how things work here: you claim to frequently spend more than 6 months here, but gladly admit to avoiding registering as a resident & therefore fulfilling your legal tax liabilities - although you say you have your pensions "correct". You don't know what you're talking about, so best to stop making a fool of yourself.

There's a huge difference between a professional, qualified (paid for) translator, and an amateur, volunteer interpreter. If you don't undersand that, you are even more ignorant than your posts so far suggest. Your unwarranted reply to John here is in my opinion very insulting. Anyone who gives their time freely and willingly to help others in any way should be congratulated. If you think they are are foolish for doing so, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but if you had any decorum at all, you'd keep it to yourself.

Please, if you have nothing worth saying, say nothing at all.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 12      
04 Oct 2016 3:54 PM by alant Star rating in Alto Guadiato, North.... 10 posts Send private message

What as translators free or paid to do with Brexit? is it me who has lost the thread?

Like 5      
04 Oct 2016 6:25 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Roberto and alant

I agree with your comments but remember it does take 2 to tango and me thinks a bit of growing up is required 

Back on thread we hope

Like 0      
04 Oct 2016 6:53 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Tadd1946,

You are entitled to your view.  

Personally I was struck by the support for Roberto's assessment - as I post on at 18.00 on 4th October there are 10 "likes" the highest I've ever seen on EOS.  

For me that's far more significant..

Like 0      
04 Oct 2016 7:03 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Acer fair comment and as i said i agreed with the 2 posts but these 2 seem to be having a spat on a couple of threads hence my comment 

I am not defending or supporting either if them just a comment

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Using Spanish words in written or spoken English - 3 posts
Plumber - la Cala de mijas - 0 posts
Liability on a 6 months rental - 3 posts
Esta if you have lived in Spain - 0 posts
Customs duty - 0 posts
Diabetes type 1 - Insulin Depedent - Getting insulin & cost - 4 posts
Parcel service for sending small packets to UK - 8 posts
Satellite TV Costa Blanca South Area - 1 posts
Spanish credit cards - 8 posts
Applying for EU Citizen Registration (forms on line) - 0 posts
Modelo 210 - 8 posts
Tourism Licence - why is ENGLAND not on their list of countries - 6 posts
Mobility scooter - 3 posts
Community owner problem - 16 posts
Driving a foreign car to and in Spain - 6 posts
Healthcare clarification as a resident - 16 posts
Cancelling a direct debit - 8 posts
Childs safety gate - 3 posts
BMN bank - 7 posts
Electricity problem... - 17 posts
Car Company - 3 posts
Moving to Spain - 30 posts
House to buy - 16 posts
Renting in spain - 1 posts
buying at carver golf resort - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 46

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x