deesam56

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by deesam56 Star rating in Stafford. 31 posts Send private message

Hi

just joined. I am interested in moving to Spain within the next year with my 2 sons and husband.

I would like to know, is it possible to buy or rent a piece of land in Spain, to hold car boot or antique fairs on on a regular basis for income purposes?

Does anyone know and are there any laws governing what land may be used for?

any info, help, advice, welcome

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 7:41 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Do you mean you want to have an space in a free market?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 7:43 PM by deesam56 Star rating in Stafford. 31 posts Send private message

thanks for your speedy reply. No I mean as we have in UK, where you own or rent a parcel of land and charge people to trade and sell goods on the land for the day. Also charge the customer to park

Dee

Like 0      
11 Sep 2007 2:57 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

See blow a copy of note from a web site for Andalucia

Markets (mercados) are a common sight in towns and villages throughout Andalucía, and are an essential part of Spanish life, largely unaffected by competition from supermarkets and hypermarkets. They are colourful, noisy and entertaining and an experience not to be missed, whether you plan to buy anything or not. Markets thrive throughout the province and are the centre of life in towns and villages. Some towns have markets on one or two days a week only (always the same days), while others have daily fruit and vegetable markets from Mondays to Saturday. In rural and coastal areas, market days are varied in local towns so they don't coincide. There are also Sunday markets in some towns and flea markets (or boot sales) in several of the coastal towns which are largely patronised by foreigners and a good place to pick up cheap second-hand English books, as well as household items. Aside from the latter, there are generally three kind of markets: indoor markets, permanent street markets and traveling open-air street markets that move from neighbourhood to neighbourhood on different days of the week or month. There's often a large central market in the cities and many towns and neighbourhoods of large cities have indoor covered markets.

So you are not the first

I suspect you just have to find a land owner and then agree a deal with him

For the Law see a Spanish lawyer but I suspect that you will only have similar problems as you would in UK

If it is to be your main source of income then you should do some research on the ground

The service we offer only relates to buying and moving in to a new home in Spain but as part of that service we would make sure that you had contact to good legal advice in Spain so that you would know what you can and can not do Also advice on working in Spain,

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 9/11/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Big Increases in Some Mortgage Rates, (EURIBOR 4,763% 7/9/2007) - 3 posts
Norman/Lynne - 9 posts
Electrical Package - 6 posts
Security grills - 10 posts
Changes - 0 posts
Benidorm - 0 posts
Luciano Pavarotti has died aged 71, - 0 posts
Three bedroomed townhouse to for long term rental with broadband - 2 posts
Rafal - 3 posts
La Cala area - 2 posts
Schools in Costa Del Sol - 5 posts
Phone info ....post in here. - 5 posts
Just joined - just starting - 29 posts
PRE PAYMENT METERS - 2 posts
Cost of rewiring - 1 posts
Phase Five - 7 posts
flights to England - 5 posts
Prop management near Los Altos - 4 posts
Shower Screen - 5 posts
A little lady " that does" - 0 posts
community fee - 11 posts
Almoradi - 49 posts
Reputable lawyers in Mallorca ? - 3 posts
Building and Contents Insurance Cover. - 15 posts
NO WATER!! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x