Gill

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Apr 2016 10:59 AM by terry gill Star rating in portsmouth england a.... 29 posts Send private message

Hi can anyone help please? My partner and I are not residents yet but I do have a contract of work, am I able to get health care other than emergency? I'm not a pensioner. Thanks.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2016 12:14 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

It mite help if you if you could tell us what help you required.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2016 12:43 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Terry

You will need to sign on the foriegeners register (residencia) in order to take up the job offer (contract) 

When you get residencia (the work contract in it;s self will qualify you for this) you or your employer will need to register you with the local security office. If you then take all your details to the nearest health centre they will register you on the Spanish national health service.

When you have registered your partner will also be able to register as your beneficiary

You will need to take 

Passport

Proof of address (rental contract or deeds)

Social Security paperwork

NIE Certificate (residencia)

All originals and copies of everything

In the meantime use the UK  EHIC card for emergencies

Like 1      
19 Apr 2016 1:39 PM by terry gill Star rating in portsmouth england a.... 29 posts Send private message

Thanks team GB for your reply,  windtalker the question I'm asking do I have to be resident to get healthcare, I have my contract and social security number. Terry

Like 0      
19 Apr 2016 2:16 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

As far as I'm aware you can't get a social security number without being resident (NIE) Are you sure you don't have a NIE without realising it (ie employer got it for you) State healthcare is not available to non residents other than through the EHIC arrangements

Like 0      
19 Apr 2016 4:28 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you are working then you MUST register on the EU Citizens Register. As a worker you will then get medical care, so yoiue Q " do I have to be resident to get healthcare?" does not apply.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2016 5:47 PM by terry gill Star rating in portsmouth england a.... 29 posts Send private message

Thank you for taking the time to reply, yes I have an NIE, but didn't know I had to be on the EU citizens register, would this be the padron? 

Like 0      
19 Apr 2016 6:04 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Terry,   yes I have an NIE, but didn't know I had to be on the EU citizens register, would this be the pardon ?

The EU  Registration is done at the national police station for the area where you live.  The certificate will have the number you already have (NIE)

The Padon, is the list of people who live in a town.  The town get a subsidy for each resident,  You are obliged to register on the padron (at the town hall).

Like 0      
19 Apr 2016 6:07 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

NIE and EU citizens register are the same thing! most commonly called Residencia

Padron is the Electoral Roll and is sometimes required for administrative tasks, depending on your local area.

Padron is easy to obtain from your local town hall

Like 0      
19 Apr 2016 6:07 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

NIE and EU citizens register are the same thing! most commonly called Residencia

Padron is the Electoral Roll and is sometimes required for administrative tasks, depending on your local area.

Padron is easy to obtain from your local town hall

Like 1      
19 Apr 2016 8:05 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

I would also be careful to check the contract, full time vs part time. Possibly a point to clarify with your new employer that they will be paying into social security system on your behalf. There are I believe different types of contract. I know somoebody doing cafe work that was not eligible, but that was a few years ago. Maybe things have changed.

Saludos

This message was last edited by juansheetisplenty on 19/04/2016.

Like 1      
19 Apr 2016 9:15 PM by terry gill Star rating in portsmouth england a.... 29 posts Send private message

Thank you that is a good point.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2016 11:52 PM by blueeyes Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

I'm very confused. 

Since when has NIE and EU citizens register been the same thing? They may bear the same number.

I have an NIE number. But as I'm not a resident, I'm not on the EU register.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2016 7:55 AM by terry gill Star rating in portsmouth england a.... 29 posts Send private message

I'm also confused as I have an Nie which I don't need residential to get and never heard of the EU register.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2016 8:19 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Sorry if I've caused some confusion There are two types of NIE Resident/non resident. You get the resident status one by filling up the EX18 application form here

If you are applying for residence these days this is what you will fill up

If you are coming to Spain as a non resident you would fill up the form EX15 here

Both applications give you a NIE number Número de Identidad de Extranjero 

Terry, if you got yours recentley you've probably on the  Registration in the Central Register of Foreign Nationals_EU Citizen Residency   without knowing, check your certificate wording

Like 0      
20 Apr 2016 8:24 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Team GB:   NIE and EU citizens register are the same thing! 

They most certainly are not the same thing.    EU citizens who have registered on the EU Citizen Register are resident in Spain. If they already had an NIE when they register on the EU Register then they retain that number on the EU Register Certifcate.

Those who have an NIE only are not resident; they only have a Foreigners Financial Number. i.e. the tax office can inspect every account they have n Spain,  where that number has been used,  If they become resident then they must, immediately upon doing so, register on the EU Citizens Register.

most commonly called Residencia      but only by the badly informed.  

EU citizens cannot have a residencia.  Non EU citizens resident in Spain  MUST and can only have a RESIDENCIA

Padron is the Electoral Roll and is sometimes required for administrative tasks, depending on your local area.

The Padron is not the electoral roll, it is the record of all citizens living in a town and such citizen are required to register.  Not to do so deprives the town of vital income to support local services. If one is on the Padron they may register to vote in local and MEP elections,

PS Team may I suggest you give up. Your latest post adds to the confusion you have already created

This message was last edited by johnzx on 20/04/2016.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2016 9:11 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

most commonly called Residencia      but only by the badly informed.   

What an uneccesary and rude statement.

Many people know the difference and it has become common and easier to refer to the register as the residencia and many people on here clarify this for newbies without silly ass statements like this

Like 2      
20 Apr 2016 9:26 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Many people know the difference and it has become common and easier to refer to the register as the residencia and many people on here clarify this for newbies without silly ass statements like this

Exactly what I was trying to do Tadd - Thanks

Like 1      
20 Apr 2016 10:47 AM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Please avoid provocative comments and be polite at all times. This is a friendly forum so please BE friendly at all times. If you disagree with a comment please disagree in a friendly manner, threads can easily get out of control by hasty comments. Thank you.

Like 1      
21 Apr 2016 8:13 PM by blueeyes Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

Excellent guide -

Www.healthcareinspain.eu/living-in-spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

starting off in the sun - 5 posts
Wanting to move to Majorca from UK within the next few months - 8 posts
Ley 57/68 - 26 posts
Uk car in Spain - 4 posts
sparky required - 0 posts
entities - 11 posts
spanish mortgages - 26 posts
IBI Uprating - 8 posts
Transfer of ownership of a motor vechicle not done by Garage(Buyer) - 8 posts
Newbies help - 0 posts
Looking for a second hand 7 seater/jeep - 0 posts
Very Small Dog wanted. - 1 posts
Solicitor - 85 posts
long term rental - 6 posts
IBI number for payment of property tax - 3 posts
new to eye on spain - 19 posts
IHT REFUNDS - 2 posts
Andrew - 9 posts
Spain to Stop Siestas - 54 posts
Budgeting for Living - 5 posts
Panama Papers, tax evaders - 4 posts
private hire drivers in marbella - 5 posts
UK Vehicle and Driving License check on-line, as used by Spanish Police - 9 posts
Mojon Hills, Isla Plana-Looking for tutors for high school English and Math - 0 posts
Spanish legal fees - taken all of our Interest on deposit - 42 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x