TV content from 'home'

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jan 2016 2:04 PM by Marina_1990 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi

I just started doing research for my university work and am doing some research learn about TV being broadcasted in foreign countries. In other words, are you as an expat able to watch TV from your home country in a convenient way. 

I know many expats have problems and there are some solutions our there. I am curious to learn about those solutions and how you manage to watch the news, series and other TV content from 'home'. Would you be willing to help out? My ultimate goal is to start designing a cheap solution that is easy to use and provides high quality reliable TV. Much appreciate your time and help! 

Kindest regards, Marina

Like 0      
29 Jan 2016 2:17 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If I tell you how it is done (  if I do it !  ) I think that might be tantamount to me confessing to an illegal act. i.e.  BBC will not KNOWINGLY supply progs to those outside UK..

This message was last edited by johnzx on 29/01/2016.

Like 0      
29 Jan 2016 2:30 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

My ultimate goal is to start designing a cheap solution that is easy to use and provides high quality reliable TV.

How cheap is cheap? many of these internet boxes do what you seem to be saying your going to do, I have them here in the UK and in Spain and can watch the BBC and a good few hundred or so other TV channels.

It ain't no secret that it happens and I for one could care less how legal or illegal it is, so go ahead and make your gadget, if you can flog it for less then a tenner i'll have a good few from you.

Like 4      
29 Jan 2016 3:29 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

There are many UK TV installers across the costas,

I am not sure how many there are across Spain away from the cosats but I am sure they exist

Try contacting one of them - one who regularly posts on here is satandpcguy who posts regularly on here - Google him as he has a good website which may help your research

Like 2      
29 Jan 2016 5:41 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

TV doe's not get any cheeper than a android TV box from eBay 40eu Inc p&p with a internet connection you can watch TV from any part of the world all for free ,the coathanger has already been invented.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 29/01/2016.

Like 1      
30 Jan 2016 8:54 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

UK TV, like BBC ITV C4 and Fives, does not come any cheaper than subscription free via satellite,which is still available in many areas of Spain.

There are some areas where satellite signals have got weaker, requiring people in those areas to get larger dishes than they had to use before. But some are reluctant to have a larger dish, so they look for alternate "third party" means of receiving their TV. (Prior to 2012, in the Costa Blanca the normal sized dish for BBC ITV etc was a 1.8 or 2.4m dish, and people were happy installing them for their free UK TV channels. But people in the weaker signal areas seem to be reluctant to do this, and  instead go for internet solutions - filmon (some quality issues), android boxes (faffy menus and some quality issues), mag boxes (pay for your free tv channels?).

But rememeber that the UK broadacsters have no obligation to provide live TV for expats. But there are a few EU rules. Expats in EU must have access to news and evemnts in their own language - which is why most EU countries have a fre eto air news service that covers Europe - for the UK SKy News International, and BBC WOrld News covers this.

But then soon, the EU will open up the rules a bit, for holiday makers. ie broadcasters must allow their content to be made available for their "clients" when they are in another EU country. This will have time restrictions, and is designed for holiday makers, and not permananet residents. Until the rules are changed, and all EU broadcasters buy programme rights for the whole of europe, (veyr messy to sort out), then VPNs re the only way to access content via the internet direct from the broadcasters and not a third party.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Donald Trump - 61 posts
Looking for advice on which estate agent to use..... - 7 posts
Buying Travel Insurance whilst living in Spain - 6 posts
Law 57/68 claims - 25 posts
Hi - new: moving from UK Sussex to Galicia in summer 2016. - 4 posts
Restrictions on driving with a Spanish DL. - 8 posts
Set up on-line electricity contract - 5 posts
Gringo Americans Seeking Advice (Por Favor) - 2 posts
Sam Brooks - 10 posts
Gas water heater - 3 posts
Long Term Car Rentals - 3 posts
Brittany Ferries Discount Codes - 2 posts
Banking - 2 posts
From Essex to Espana.. - 2 posts
compressed double mattress?? furniture delivery advice? - 1 posts
SPANISH REGISTERED LEFT HAND DRIVE CAR FOR SALE IN ENGLAND, TOYOTA COROLLA. - 0 posts
Retired landlords living in Spain who derive an income from buy-to-lets in the UK - 12 posts
Buying a new car in Murcia - 18 posts
Bank Drafts and selling up - 8 posts
Driving a Spanish reg car in France on a uk lic - 4 posts
Sky.eu? Satellite or IPTV - 5 posts
Jonty's back - 2 posts
pay as you go electricity - 1 posts
can I chase the dream - 61 posts
Freesat TV - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x