Paris

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Nov 2015 10:29 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

What a sad day in Paris my heart goes out to all of the familes and friends of the innocent victims

Time for Europe to unite and lead the ROW against these terrorists and rid the world of them - it must now be one of our highest priorities enough is enough

Like 8      
14 Nov 2015 5:03 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Yes, Tadd 100% and much sadness to all the families.

To stop this rubbish you first have to get the politicians to admit that those who do these types of things are all around us in our everyday life, and thats going to be a harder job then anyone realises.

This is a massive amount of death and destruction for Paris, could be the tipping point of enough is enough, but sadly I think not.

Like 0      
14 Nov 2015 7:32 PM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

This war on terrorism has been going on for fourteen years and on days like today, you can't help but feel we are losing it. If you declare war on a country, you know where that country is and where to attack. This is so much more difficult and complicated because the enemy is everywhere and we're struggling to locate them. Apart from that, they are growing in numbers. I'm sure we'll win the war on terrorism one day but it'll be a long one.

What happened in Paris was an absolute tragedy and watching the news today will have saddened us greatly. 

Like 0      
15 Nov 2015 8:19 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The majority of so called Islamic State terrorists come from  western society the parents of these people are the ones to blame for all this trouble ,by totally failing to embrace the society and the country that  they have chosen to call home they send the children to Islamic schools they continue to dress like they have just come out of the dessert they tend to live  in areas with a high immigrant population and then set about turning that area it to a mini in to Islamabad the very thing that they have run away from in the beginning  personally speaking I think  the fault lies with the various government's around the EU for letting the Muslims get away with not conforming and embracing the society around them.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 15/11/2015.

Like 3      
15 Nov 2015 8:38 AM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

This is a sad day for the whole of europe, but we are not going to solve the problem by bombing from afar or riots and shouting from our homes. We need to sit doen with the so called free arab/muslim countries especially iran and saudi Arabia as well as tge uae and others in tge region and bring them on board to accept this is a middle east problem that THEY need to solve..... perhaps we should say to russia we will buy your oil and put a complete embargo on all middle east oil that may focus the arab worlds mind of what life could be like without revenue.  We would of course need to freeze all arab assets in the western world knightsbridge may come to a stand still but what the heck. This must be seen to be done world wide so innocent Muslims around the world are not victimised but they must also stand up and force tgeir imans to denounce all terrorism which tgey dont seem to want to do.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2015 9:17 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Most countries spend millions on special forces, surveillance, intelligent weapons etc.

It is now time for ALL countries to come together and produce a global elite strike force to really go after these idiots and rid the world of terrorists (I dont care who leads this stirke force as long as it the best man for the job)

Any country that refuses to join and support this international elite strike force should have full economic sanctions and close of all borders banning anyone from leaving or enteringby closing all air space and blocking all ports. The same should apply to any country that funds terrorism and assume guilt if the do not sign up.

Religions around the world should stand up together and denounce these terrorists.

The leaders of Islamic countries and more importanatly the religous leaders of Islam have to stand up and be counted

What is stopping Islam and the Muslim community having a global scale campaign using every element of the media and communications to the world denouncing these idiots

It is now time for serious war, stop pussy footing around and accept there will be casulaties but we MUST stop this NOW

Like 2      
15 Nov 2015 9:25 AM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

they tend to live  in areas with a high immigrant population and then set about turning that area it to a mini in to Islamabad​

Now you know how the Spanish feel about the English.

I personally don't have a problem with this, after all, we all do it. The English, the Indians, the Chinese etc all create their own neighbourhoods when they move abroad so the problem isn't that they don't conform to the society of the country they live in. This is purely down to extremists brainwashing others. 

To put this into perspective, there are 6 million muslims living in France. If one tenth of one percent were extremist, that would be 6,000. This was only a small handful of people. On the other hand, 100% of people carrying out these attacks are muslims. Not catholics, not jews, not christians so all the innocent muslims bombarding the internet yesterday letting the world know that this is not representative of their religion and they're not all the same just doesn't cut it for me. It may be a warped, extreme version of their religion but it's still theirs and they have to stand up against these extremists themselves and not hide behind cards saying #NOTINMYNAME whilst letting the western world suffer and fight agaist them. They are worried of a backlash and I understand that, but I think they should be doing much more than selfishly protecting themselves.

Like 6      
15 Nov 2015 9:43 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Farharder.  100% of people carrying out these attacks are muslims .....................    they have to stand up against these extremists themselves

Excellent post.  

When Tony KIng was convicted of murder I did not hear one Brit say anything but that he was a disgrace to the rest of us and no one (Brit) did not support the prosecution.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2015 9:59 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

If you ponder the problems in the various Arab counties involved they all seem to stem from the absence of democracy - each one involves a ruler or dynasty in a country, that a substantial part of their population find unacceptable.

Of course conflicts have been happening over the centuries but it seemed to get more fanatical and violent in the 1970's when the Shah of Iran was driven out by Muslim extremists.  A few years before the price of oil had gone through the roof which may also be a factor.  But the departure of the Shah directly led to the Iran - Iraq war and the region has gone downhill ever since.

I've never really understood why the Arab fundamentalists want to create havoc in the rest of the world.  Surely they cannot be so blinkered to realise that they'll never win, we are not all going to become Muslims, so there is nothing to be gained.  Is there?  Were the Paris atrocities really a reaction to French foreign policy?

Or is it more about the ego of the fanatical Muslim leaders who take satisfaction from the power of being able to radicalise their minions into committing barbaric acts on their behalf? But whatever their motives I believe that sadly we cannot allow this terrorism to continue as it'll only get worse.  Western governments have been far too reasonable and liberal and IMHO it's time to wipe out all extremists, which ironically if it were to happen, would severely undermine democracy.

Like 2      
15 Nov 2015 10:07 AM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

Who's Tony King John? Feel a bit stupid for not knowing.

Have to agree that the Muslim communities and countries should stand up to these people but in places like Syria, the young men just leave and are not prepared to fight for their homes. Also the Muslim world is not one united religion. The shia's and sunnis are as divided as Christian and Muslims.

Like 2      
15 Nov 2015 10:08 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Fartharder

I agree with your post but differ on one point

Now you know how the Spanish feel about the English.

In my experience the Spanish I know do not have an issue on the same scale of problems as to what happens to the muslims communities around the world esepcially in the UK and I have not experienced any hate towards me or any of the expat community I know  - maybe that is because we do not have Brit extremists blowing up Spanish cities

Most people in the UK accept the muslim communites and others communities (many of who are very nice people) but sadly there are a groups inclduing the media who simply put are racists and as bad as terrorists 

At the end of the day these idiots are simply brainwashed idiots supporting individual egos who base their beleifs and idealogy on the fairy stories that are religious books (koran, bible etc etc). 

Anyone who tries to force their beleifs on other people through violence or verbal threats all in the name of the so called good book or the good lord needs to be shot at dawn

Good and evil are a human invention - heaven and hell do NOT exist and never have done

Like 3      
15 Nov 2015 10:14 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

GB45

Tony King - convicted of murder in Spain in 2005 see link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanninkhof_case

Like 0      
15 Nov 2015 11:02 AM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

Thanks, Tadd. I now understand the reference. I see that it was his wife who turned him in to the police.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2015 11:16 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

GB  (thanks Tadd)

King was sentenced to a total of 62 years in prison, 36 for the murder of Sonia Carabantes, 19 for killing Rocío Wanninkhof (55 in total)  and seven more for the attempted rape of another young woman in Benalmádena 

There is a fuller report here:-       http://www.surinenglish.com/20130823/news/costasol-malaga/tony-king-killer-nobody-201308231141.html

Like 0      
15 Nov 2015 12:09 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Fartharder  (now you know how the Spanish feel about the English ) what a stupid stupid uneducated statement to make .

Like 2      
15 Nov 2015 12:20 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Paris was an outrage and a wicked act of gratuitous violence. Most of the world is in solidarity with France a country I happen to live in for part of the year.

There is at the heart of this bestial behavior a serious question hanging in the air for the French nation.

I know the country well, speak the language and have seen over many years random acts of racism towards people of Arab decent or origins, particularly the Maghreb.  

If you ask yourself the question how can French nationals become radicalised with anger and hatred to such an extent they would murder their fellow citizens in cold blood? The answer in part is because they are marginalised by the very society they try to integrate into. Excluded from main stream life, not given good employment prospects or even a job at all, bullied at school and endure everyday racial slurs you and I would not tolerate. They have to live in the Banlieus (ghettos) sprawling, squalid, high rise estates built on the outskirts of Paris in the sixties. They are breeding grounds for every form of violent criminal tendency imaginable. The extremists embrace them and offer them a twisted form of hope, love and friendship for the first time in their lives.

Very often In order to get a job interview a French Arab applicant needs to pretend his name is French otherwise the phone is put down or the application tossed in the bin. Unless the employer is particularly enlightened they are rejected despite having excellent qualifications. I have seen it with my own eyes on many occasions so please don’t tell me I exaggerate.

I love the French, their culture and their country but their underlying racism and lack of tolerance of differences is a factor in these attacks and it needs to be said. The nation needs to confront head on what they all well know but never speak about.

Like 1      
15 Nov 2015 1:31 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Mickyfinn

Although you have a point to some extent there is NO excuse for anyone to turn a machine gun on a bunch of innocent people, or suicidal bomb attacks

Sadly racism is rife in many parts of the world and it is so wrong on every level but can never be an excuse for the use of physical violence as revenge or retribution etc.

Is there really any difference to what the extremists do now to what the christians, catholics, emperors, dictators etc have done in the past other than type of weapons and tactics? Yet we glorify so many as heros and great men etc.

IMO racism and all forms of extremism is the result of greed, selfishness, direspect, "i'm alright Jack", "mines better than yours", "I'm right your wrong" and the inability of many human beings to see beyond what is in front of them or beyond their gate. Add to this the media, stereotyping, religions, politcial idealist, nationalism, inflated ego's.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2015 1:58 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

RE Windtaker:  “Fartharder  (now you know how the Spanish feel about the English ) what a stupid uneducated statement to make .

Having lived in Spain permanently for 27 years, I believe he is not that far off the point. 

I have a good friend (Spaniard) who for many worked as a funcionario with our local town hall. She said that behind the scenes the ‘town hall’ despite what they liked to portray, did not give a jot for the non Spanish who lived in our town.

Like 3      
15 Nov 2015 1:59 PM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

To everyone taking my comment about the English in Spain far too seriously, I was not comparing the English to terrorists. It was a light hearted comment in reply to another about how Muslims live when in other countries. It was a reference to how we do the same with English bars, rerstaurants, supermarkets etc and how we kind of make certain Spanish towns feel very English. Nothing sinister was meant by it so you can untwist your collective knickers.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2015 3:22 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

My post was in no way suggesting 'an excuse' for the atrocity. I was simply trying to explain rationally some of the reasons why I believe young impressionable people become radicalised.

If our societies seek to try and prevent such things in the future they need to understand some of the causes.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

looking to buy exercise equiptment - 0 posts
ELS clients files - how can anyone access their files now the firm has closed?? - 0 posts
A question for lawyers with regard to timeframe and processes involved in transference of monies following successful rulings (Ley 57/68) - 0 posts
AIC international lawyers in cabo cervera 03188 torrevieja-alicante - 1 posts
Great British Idioms - Do the Spanish have them - Do they understand or just think we are mad - 16 posts
is it worth me buying a car or just carrying on renting one - 16 posts
Car insurance - 15 posts
mar de plata mazarron - 11 posts
Fire Stick - in Spain - 5 posts
Problems with form 210 (wealth tax) for tax due 2015 - 25 posts
How to do business with Spanish business owners/ companies? - 8 posts
50 Year Old House Inspections - 2 posts
Non-EU family members do not need visa to enter UK, says European court - 25 posts
REFERENDUM ON UK MEMBERSHIP OF THE EU - 8 posts
Speed camera at Lorca - 0 posts
Supplying info about crimes, tax evasion etc. - 9 posts
Importing LHD car - 14 posts
No gas mains - 2 posts
Benalmadena - 11 posts
Possible purchase at Hacienda del Alamo (HDA) - Dilemna - 6 posts
banking problems - 1 posts
Changes to State pension age for women - 24 posts
Hi - Newbie from Wales. - 5 posts
Christmas Day Lunch near Mijas Golf/MIjas Costa - 3 posts
Compatability of bereavement pensions from Uk and Spain - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 40

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x