mar de plata mazarron

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Nov 2015 4:40 PM by rightmove Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

My sister is looking at a property to buy at Mar de plata what is the area like good or bad any thoughts please.

This message was last edited by rightmove on 12/11/2015.

Like 0      
12 Nov 2015 9:37 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I have never heard of mar de plata is. it in Mazarron or by the port of Mazarron.

Like 0      
12 Nov 2015 9:49 PM by rightmove Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Yes it's down near the port area, I've seen it on google maps/earth looks like small plots of land with new properties being built on them.

Like 0      
12 Nov 2015 10:05 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Yes I no this site I can only speak from experience do not buy on any site that is not Finished don't believe a word the salesman tells you ,Spanish builders are untrustworthy and will declare bankruptcy protection take your money and not Finnish what you have paid for take some advice and buy on a finished site with all the services intact good luck.

Like 3      
13 Nov 2015 11:07 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

I could not thnk of he site but having read the replies iI now realise where it is. As Windtalker says the area is not finished. In fact it is hardly started!  It is possible to walk into Puerto de Mazarron from there and  El Amillo is very near and seems a very nice area but the beach is a bit pebbly and, in my opinion, not as nice as the Puerto beaches.

Why buy offplan when there are loads of resale properties ready to move in? Just make sure any property has a certificate of occupation. Make it absolutely clear to your solicitor that you will not complete without all the correct paperwork. Do not be put off by "this is the way we do it here".

Like 1      
16 Feb 2016 3:59 PM by LJB15 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

We completed on the purchase of a new build 3 bedroom ground floor apartment at Mar de Plata 2 weeks ago. We bought through Julio at Bluemed and used Dawn at PALS as our solicitor. We had no issues with either of them.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2016 5:25 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

This whole area is being developed and when completed it should be pretty good, but that may be a few years and until it becomes fully occupied you'll need to drive to restaurants and shopping etc.  But you'll have a choice of the puerto or Isla Plana closeby.

Personally I reckon the puerto de Mazarron has a lot to offer generally, the range of different beaches is amazing but the puerto itself gets very full in July and August, mainly with Spanish tourists from Madrid.

I agree with most of Windtakers comments.  Buying off plan is a risk anywhere but even more so in Spain, but a lot of the infrastructure is in place in parts of the mar de plata urbanisation.  I would still be cautious and highly selective on the purchase.

Sorry LJB15 I disagree with your choice of solicitor.  Unless you really know the ropes yourself you need a good solicitor when you buy in Spain and IMHO PALS is not one of them.  You say you "had no issues" but invariably these come to light after a year or two.  Of the local solicitors in Mazarron, Silvente & Associates are far more thorough and professional.

Bluemed have a mixed reputation, but as with any real estate company in Spain if you ignore all their promises and most of what they say you won't go too far wrong.

I looked at the area and believe that as a generalism it's pretty good and likely to be a good investment - then bought in Isla Plana, but that's just personal choice.

Like 0      
07 Nov 2016 2:32 PM by irishquattro Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi All,

This is thankfully straight from the horses mouth. We bought one of the 3 bed units on Mar de Plata in October of 2015. We purchased from the Blue Med guys dealing with Jane, Paul and Julio at various stages. As we already had a lawyer(Eugenio from Mare Nostrum in Los Alcazares) we can't comment on the PALS guys from experience. To be brutally honest the whole process is relatively similar to purchasing property in the UK or Ireland. Whether you are buying off plan in central London or Mazarron you have to proceed with caution. When we completed our deal with Blue Med we gave a booking deposit which was reasonable. Understanding the history of the development is key. In my eyes I feel it os a solid investment after just a year of ownership. The quality of the workmanship is above average, we have had zero issues with the house. The area is right on the border of Puerto and Isla plana. A 5 minute walk to the beach with shops and bars another 5 minutes. If you want Broken Britain you will find it on the Costa Calida however not in and around Mar De Plata. It offers the best of both worlds in my eyes.

This a genuine review. I have no allegance to anyone. I viewed 42 properties on 7 visits during the summer of 2015.

This is a purchase I have not regretted. Exciting things happening with new routes into Murcia airport including the eventual opening of the new airport at Corvera.

TS

Like 0      
07 Nov 2016 3:33 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Do you realise how long Corvera airport has been " going to open?"

many years!

Like 2      
07 Nov 2016 4:07 PM by irishquattro Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Yes I do. The journey from MJV and ALC are very doable considering the motorways. Lets see when Corvera opens its doors.

Like 0      
07 Nov 2016 5:08 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

A rarity on EOS, an "optimist".  I hope this proves justified, but I reckon Mar de Plata is massively more likely than Corvera.  It's an excellent position, so it should be good for you and in any event, San Javier is fine.

Like 1      
07 Nov 2016 5:14 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

I nice positive reply from Camposol to a first time poster, now I can see why eos dose not get  many newcomers.

On a more positive note well done with your purchase and I hope you have many years of enjoyment out of it

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fire Stick - in Spain - 5 posts
Problems with form 210 (wealth tax) for tax due 2015 - 25 posts
How to do business with Spanish business owners/ companies? - 8 posts
50 Year Old House Inspections - 2 posts
Non-EU family members do not need visa to enter UK, says European court - 25 posts
REFERENDUM ON UK MEMBERSHIP OF THE EU - 8 posts
Speed camera at Lorca - 0 posts
Supplying info about crimes, tax evasion etc. - 9 posts
Importing LHD car - 14 posts
No gas mains - 2 posts
Benalmadena - 11 posts
Possible purchase at Hacienda del Alamo (HDA) - Dilemna - 6 posts
banking problems - 1 posts
Changes to State pension age for women - 24 posts
Hi - Newbie from Wales. - 5 posts
Christmas Day Lunch near Mijas Golf/MIjas Costa - 3 posts
Compatability of bereavement pensions from Uk and Spain - 0 posts
December driving from Santander to Murcia - 2 posts
Solicitors in Murcia/alicante - 14 posts
Call for greater regulation and reform - 0 posts
Do you have a car for sale? - 0 posts
Changing to interest only mortgage - 6 posts
EPC Company Recommendation Please - 2 posts
Estate Agent and Lawyer Recommendation Please - 0 posts
Form 720 Declarations, Action by Hacienda - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x