Benalmadena

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Nov 2015 12:24 PM by axti101 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Looking to buy apartment in Benalmadena / Arroya de la miel. Any upto date info on areas, best areas, quieter area. Places that you avoid (if any).

Used to visit here 30 years ago, I'm here at the moment walking around and talking to people to try'n get a feel for the place.  I currently rent in Malaga. Many Thanks. Please no agents contact me.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2015 1:02 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Have a look at Benalmadena Pueblo, easy public transport access to the coast, nice and quiet with great views. There are apartments and older village houses, for villas you would be slightly outside of the pueblo, but no great problem. Go and have a look around and book a table for a lunch time week day meal in the Student's Restaurant, located in the La Fonda Hotel, it won't be cheap, but it will be memorable.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
05 Nov 2015 1:42 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Axti    You don say give any indication of your level of mobility/fitness.. 

The Pueblo is fine but apart from within the town itself, almost everywhere else is up or down steep hills.   I know I lived there for 12 years and I ride a ‘racing bike’ so every ride was challenging !

Like 2      
05 Nov 2015 3:54 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

It is a circa €2 return bus journey from Benalmadena Costa, it would be worth a visit when you are in the area, I suffer from advanced rheumatoid arthritis and have never found any problem in getting around whilst in the pueblo. 

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 05/11/2015.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2015 5:09 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

and have never found any problem in getting around whilst in the pueblo.

The very point I was making. I lived in the pueblo for 12 years.   "apart from within the town itself, almost everywhere else is up or down steep hills."  

Like 2      
05 Nov 2015 5:18 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

The point that I was making is that I know what it's like, anyone going there would expect hills half way between the costa and Mijas Pueblo, I'm sure that the OP can afford the €2 return bus fare to have a look for themselves.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2015 5:59 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sorry but as a fit runner and cyclist, when I lived there, and still a road cyclist,  I guess I have a different view on hills.

Like 1      
05 Nov 2015 6:02 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

You win john, best for the OP not to even visit it.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2015 6:21 PM by eurofees Star rating in Leeds UK. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, I have had a place near to the Sunset Beach hotel.  The area is fantastic and is in the quieter more tasteful area of Benalmadena.  I spent a lot of time looking into buying in Spain and I have a good knowledge of the issues invloved.  My place is now for sale and you can find the link to the ad on ebay by searching 'Duplex Penthouse Benalmadena Costa, Benalmadena ***Reduced*** '.

I am not an agent and I am happy in any case to help you if you need any advice, do call at any time.

Regards Dale

Like 0      
05 Nov 2015 6:41 PM by codhead Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi, we have a place in Arenal golf for over 9 years, there are beautiful aparments for sale at a very good price compared to when the market was high, infact they are a bargin. don't rush in to anything as there is plenty to go at. One of our favourite places is Fuengirola / Los boliches thetre is always plenty to keep you occupied and it is all on the flat!! Please let me know if you would like any further advice

Like 0      
05 Nov 2015 6:41 PM by axti101 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

I'm in my mid 40's. I used to come every summer as a child and stay with my grandparents. I have fond memories but most of the time was either in the pool or the sea! However, I still have a good recollection of the area, albeit the resort was a lot smaller then. Hills are not a problem. We also own a car here. That said we want to be within 10-15 min.walk of either Arroya de la Miel, or the beach or both.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2015 6:48 PM by codhead Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Might be a good idea to have a look around Paloma park area, which is very central for almost everything. We have a car and find it very handy for getting aroud the CDS as it has a lot offer, as well as Benalmadena

This message was last edited by codhead on 05/11/2015.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Possible purchase at Hacienda del Alamo (HDA) - Dilemna - 6 posts
banking problems - 1 posts
Changes to State pension age for women - 24 posts
Hi - Newbie from Wales. - 5 posts
Christmas Day Lunch near Mijas Golf/MIjas Costa - 3 posts
Compatability of bereavement pensions from Uk and Spain - 0 posts
December driving from Santander to Murcia - 2 posts
Solicitors in Murcia/alicante - 14 posts
Call for greater regulation and reform - 0 posts
Do you have a car for sale? - 0 posts
Changing to interest only mortgage - 6 posts
EPC Company Recommendation Please - 2 posts
Estate Agent and Lawyer Recommendation Please - 0 posts
Form 720 Declarations, Action by Hacienda - 8 posts
Viva Airport Transfers - 1 posts
Don't forget to check French and Portuguese airports if you live near them. - 0 posts
New Supreme Court Decission if developer went bust - 0 posts
Car For Sale - 1 posts
You couldnt make it up - 7 posts
Reporting crimes anonymously in Spain - 7 posts
Some advice on where to move to in Spain (tax avoidance and much more) - 27 posts
Genius Bar at Apple Marbella - 4 posts
Reporting Burglaries to the Police - 2 posts
Ceramic Exterior Floor Tiles - 1 posts
Long Term Rental Agreement - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x