Can I ask...

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Aug 2015 12:37 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

...is it just me or are the mods getting a trifle twitchy lately , perhaps through complaints by other forum folk, as I have noticed editing of postings that seemed perfectly okay. Certainly making me nervous and am double checking what I post as no explanation goes with the edit . Does the poster those thread is edited told why ?

Like 2      
22 Aug 2015 12:48 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

In my experience the poster is not usually told why the edit has been made. 

I agree it would be very helpful if there were an explanation following the ‘EDITED’ note ..

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 1:26 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Well I have been edited quite a bit and to be honest when you post something you honestly can see if you will on wont be....Well you should see it at least.

What I have noticed more of late though is a couple get away with what ever they want to say to you but answer back and wack, your done for. 

Never been told any reason other then "Inciting" which perhaps could even be "Exciting"....But never no mind, to me it's not a problem....If you cant take it back...Dont dish it out.

Like 3      
22 Aug 2015 1:30 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

If anyone is that interested why not ask the moderation team?

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 4:18 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Why should anyone PM the mods, Hep,?   

Surely the mods will themselves see and respond to my, and others queries, via open forum, as and when.

Like 3      
22 Aug 2015 4:30 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Well I wouldn't answer a question not directed at me, you posted an open question on a forum, who did you expect to reply to it? 

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 4:52 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

floella

I know the mods on here are quite relaxed most of the time which is what I like about this forum, and I am sure they are busy and can't monitor everything

I have had a few edited and often wonderd why as no name or individual was mentioned (especially the last one that was edited)

maybe the guilty assumed and complained - who knows or cares really

editing lacks consistency and fairness with everyone and I agree with baz1946 comment

Like 1      
22 Aug 2015 5:07 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Floella:   Why should anyone PM the mods, Hep,?   Surely the mods will themselves see and respond to my, and others queries, via open forum, as and when.

I emailed your question to the Mods at 12,.48   I suspect they/he only looks at threads when someone posts a ‘spam’  report. Hence the variation in what gets edited and what gets left.  

This message was last edited by johnzx on 22/08/2015.

Like 1      
22 Aug 2015 5:18 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I emailed your question to the Mods at 12,.48   I suspect they/he only looks at threads when someone posts a ‘spam’  report. Hence the variation in what gets edited and what gets left. 

Thats a good suspect, or good guess, so if true might / could this come under the "Would you snitch on someone" section thats just been aired on here.

Like 1      
22 Aug 2015 5:31 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

baz1946

could this come under the "Would you snitch on someone" section thats just been aired on here.

Reminds me of the title of a Cyndee Lauper song True Colours - the only lyrics I recall are that the true colours come shining through (I think Phil Collins did a version also)wink

Like 1      
22 Aug 2015 5:35 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

thx Johnzx,

Well, I am amazed.  How can mods of any Forum edit responsibly  and fairly if reliant on self appointed prefects to report what they consider to be spam. That answers the  question on the apparent unfairness in the editing  I have recently observed on this forum.

Hep, I wouldn't expect you to answer  any question not directly directed at you because, like us, you are only a humble poster on a forum .

Mods however IMHO are the forum and should be prepared to participate, without being nudged, when the occasion occurs. 

Like 3      
22 Aug 2015 7:09 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

interseting someone just pointed out to me that a post was made on this thread at 12:48 the exact same time the same someone said they sent an email to the mod

some people are really clever - genius wink

Like 1      
22 Aug 2015 7:49 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

A lot of people can do two things at once as my wife keeps reminding me.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 9:27 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Hi all

We would love to be able to control the forums 24/7 but, unfortunately, that isn't possible, so on occasions we pick up on the problems later than we would like to, sometimes prompted by a spam report. Recently a small handful of members have been rather 'active' which is why we have been 'more active'. However, we wouldn't say we have been 'twitchy', just that, eventually, our patience ran out and we started 'cleaning' some threads after many warning and PM's.

We try to be as patient as possible and hope that you are all sensible enough to sort out silly problems without having to be sending PM's or intervening in every thread as if it was some school patio dispute. When we feel things are really going off thread and some members are getting out of hand we will then intervene.  We will also intervene if a member feels that a particular post was offensive; ie religion and ethical beliefs. 

There is a whole list of reasons why, but we will not go into that now, however, you needn't worry or get nervous Floella. We normally give a warning on the thread before taking further action or contact the member via PM, warning him/her or alerting to a problem. If you have been edited without an explanation it is because the content was simply related to irrelevant content. When we 'clean a thread' we remove irrelevant comments or comments related to the reason why it went 'off-thread'. If we do this we do not normally give a reason, as it is mostly obvious. But we may add a tag comment from now on so you have no confusion. 

Finally, we intervene when we feel and believe there is a reason to intervene, not because a member has asked us to. On many occasions, Spam/Abuse reports are simply ignored as we do not share the same viewpoint as the reporter. Some may interpret this as favouritism or unfair towards those being reported but at the end of the day it's our interpretation that matters. We are not perfect and we do make mistakes, but we can assure you that we will not be bullied or pushed into intervening, banning or editing unless WE believe it to be necessary.

If you are unsure why we have edited your comments please feel free to PM us and we will kindly give you an explanation. If we think we have made a mistake we will say so and rectify. If you would like to discuss anything with us, all you need to do is send us a PM.

Thanks

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Maths Question - 9 posts
Bipolar - 1 posts
Furniture set for sale - 0 posts
Hi everyone I am new and thinking of moving to Spain - 21 posts
Garden Planters - 0 posts
Fishing advice! Help! - 0 posts
tax - 4 posts
Ski jobs - 0 posts
Help me to check the company in MURCIA - 5 posts
Smoking In Spain - 8 posts
Unaminity votes - 13 posts
Dog barking - 13 posts
Long term/annual car parking at Alicante & Murcia airports - 3 posts
Hi hoping to move to spain - 4 posts
Hispano-Suiza - 3 posts
Cars for sale - 3 posts
Closing an account with Caixa Catalunya from the UK - 0 posts
Exporting car from Spain to UK on behalf of my Grandad - 3 posts
exchanging driving licences - 11 posts
Would you shop anyone? - 56 posts
sublet property - 1 posts
Complaints book/Hoja de reclamaciones - 8 posts
heating your home in the winter - 21 posts
van from Barcelona to North Wales - 0 posts
NEW! Banks condemned to repay on illegal mortgages - 20 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x