NIE in Torrevieja

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jul 2015 9:49 AM by sue62rsh Star rating in Torrevieja . 15 posts Send private message

Hi we have just moved to torrevieja this week and need to get our nie we cant find where to go to apply the tourist office sent us to the policia local who said it is the policia national which isnt where it says it is on the map help please

Like 0      
23 Jul 2015 9:59 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Depending on where you are, you can either go to the station at Calle Arquitecto Larramendi, 3, which is along Avda Habaneras heading towards La Mata.

Or you can go to the town hall at Playa Flamenca (park up in the Mercadona) which has a foreigners department. You won't get the NIE immediately there, though, and will have to go back a few weeks later to collect it.

Like 1      
23 Jul 2015 10:37 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Mariedav I have never heard of it being possible for the town hall to issue an NIE.  Have I missed something or are you in  error  and confusing it with signing on the Padron ?

The NIE is issued only by the National Police (for the area where one is living, that includes say even a hostal where one stayed the night before making the application) and is controlled by central government, so town hall !.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2015 10:49 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

No, the town hall at Playa Flamenca has an oficina de extranjeros and there is a girl there who deals with everything like NIEs and so on. Although it joins on to Torrevieja, it comes under Orihuela Costa and the NIE is issued by Orihuela which is why it takes a couple of weeks to come through. There used to be a Policia Nacional presence in the town hall but it closed down a couple of years ago. The oficina de extranjeros has remained.

Like 1      
23 Jul 2015 11:24 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Mariedav:-    I did try to contact the foreigners office at Orihuela but they did not answer.     I did speak to the National Police and they said applications can only be made at a Comisario of the National Police.  Never at a town hall. 

On Orihuela's  town hall’s web page it says.- 

ALIENS IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (NIE)

WHERE AND HOW APPLY FOR THE NIE

First you have to make and appointment in the nearest Police Station; in the case you live in San Miguel de Salinas the Orihuela Costa Police Station, from 09:00 to 10:00, Monday to Friday.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2015 11:32 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Sorry johnzx but you are talking absolute rubbish. The foreigners office at Orihuela Costa town hall in Playa Flamenca (some 35k away from Orihuela) still exists and the girl there is employed to do the paperwork for the NIE and other things applicable to foreigners.

If you wish to make an argument out of it and call me a liar, come along to Torrevieja and I'll personally take you there.

Things are done differently throughout Spain, as you know, so what goes on in your neck of the woods may not happen elsewhere.

For example, here in Quesada you can go the town hall to get your SIP card and S1 registration even though there is no INSS office there. They put a lady there who deals with it all for you. The same as Orihuela Costa town hall where they put a girl in to handle the details for you. She submits the paperwork to the Policia Nacional in Orihuela which is why, if you'd care to read it properly without getting on your high horse, you have to wait a couple of weeks to get the number.

This message was last edited by mariedav on 23/07/2015.

Like 2      
23 Jul 2015 11:42 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

mariedav is perfectly correct. There is an office in the Orihuela Costa town hall that will deal with NIE, signing on the foreigners' register and so on. The lady in there has been there for many years and remained in situ when the Policia Nacional moved out in 2013. She gives you the paperwork, a list (in the language of your choice) of what documents are required and an appointment to submit the forms. She then processes them on your behalf. The padron is done at a different section in the town hall as it does not purely equate to foreigners.

It does require 3 visits, one to collect the forms, one to hand them in and one to collect the NIE a few weeks later. We did ours there some 13 years ago (when having an NIE was advisory but not compulsory) and the same lady is still there doing it.

It saves you going to either Orihuela or Alicante to get the things done.

FYI, the town hall in question also has a local police office in addition to the foreigners' office and even an aquagest office to pay or query your water bills.

Not all town halls are the same, it would seem.

Edited to add for johnzx.

The Orihuela Costa police station mentioned in your post is actually situated in the town hall being referenced. It is now only Policia Local, though.

This message was last edited by bobaol on 23/07/2015.

Like 2      
23 Jul 2015 12:01 PM by sue62rsh Star rating in Torrevieja . 15 posts Send private message

Thanks for that i ll try the town hall and see what happens

Like 0      
23 Jul 2015 12:02 PM by argarcia Star rating in Torrevieja. 23 posts Send private message

Hi, the foreigners office for NIE application in Torrevieja is:

Calle Maldonado 57, Torrevieja (in the square of Molino Blanco white windmill). Hours are 0900 - 1400hrs. Suggest to get there before 0900 and take a ticket when it opens. You can download the forms and fill out and print before you go. good luck.

Like 2      
23 Jul 2015 12:14 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Yes, argarcia, you're correct. The address I gave was the Policia Nacional office and they moved the foreigners office to the address you give last year. 

Thanks for the update.

Like 2      
23 Jul 2015 3:36 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Mariedav,    thank you your somewhat unnecessarily impolite comments ;  But as I had copied the info supplied by that very town hall I guess your beef is with that town hall.

And,   just for the info of  others , the NIE can only be issued by The Ministry of the Interior, of the Spanish Government.  That function is carred out for them by the National Police.

Whilst there may be a person in the said town hall who assists people (in just the same way that I have and several others have been doing in a National Police Station for over 15 years) it is not the town hall which issues the NIE cert. but the National Police.

This is from the Ministry’s web page.  At :- 

http://www.interior.gob.es/web/servicios-al-ciudadano/extranjeria/regimen-general/tarjeta-de-identidad-de-extranjero

SOLICITUD: LUGAR Y DOCUMENTACIÓN

LUGARES DE PRESENTACIÓN

La solicitud de Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero se presentará personalmente por el extranjero ante la Oficina de Extranjeros* en su defecto, en la Comisaría de Policía de la provincia donde tenga fijado su domicilio.

* NB that is when outside Spain and refers to such an office at a Spanish Consulate, which of course are only sistuated outside Spain.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2015 3:53 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

I may be getting old and missing something but please point out where I said that either the town hall issues the NIE or even that you are issued the NIE from there.

Please read it again and you'll see I said the foreigners office is located in the town hall and that the lady processes them via Orihuela. Nowhere that the Orihuela Costa town hall issues them.

Instead of flying off at a tangent and actually phoning (are you really that insecure?) to try and prove me a liar and show how clever you are, try reading the posts.

Like 3      
23 Jul 2015 4:53 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Mariedav:    Or you can go to the town hall at Playa Flamenca (park up in the Mercadona) which has a foreigners department. You won't get the NIE immediately there, though, and will have to go back a few weeks later to collect it.

But one must apply in person,   So you will not get it at all unless you go to the National Police. 

QUOTE :-

LUGARES DE PRESENTACIÓN

La solicitud de Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero se presentará personalmente……. en la Comisaría de Policía de la provincia donde tenga fijado su domicilio.

So for those who need to know.  If you are in Spain, applications can only be made, in person,  at a National Police Station, albeit someone, somewhere,  anywhere, may give you a form and help you complete it.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2015 5:39 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Stop digging, John.  You are wrong, wrong, wrong. You do not, on the Orihuela Costa have to go to the National Police station. You fill in the forms, the girl processes them, Orihuela sends her the certificate and you then collect them from her.

Please explain just what it is that you are finding so difficult to assimilate in that?

Just once it would be nice if a question and answer on here was not dissected and pontificated upon by the usual suspects. 

Like 3      
23 Jul 2015 7:29 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Mariedav.    OK I give in,  you are right and I am wrong, as too is your town hall, as the info they posted on their web page agrees with me.   Also the National Police and the Ministerio del Interior de España, are also wrong, as they  do it differently from the 'helpful lady'  at your town hall,  in entire rest of Spain.

Glad we got that sorted !!!!

However, for others.    This may be helpful    :-    

http://www.consultorga.com/section.asp?sec=14

QUOTE    N.I.E. - Oficina de Extranjería de Alicante

OBTENCIÓN DEL N.I.E. (NÚMERO DE IDENTIDAD DE EXTRANJERO)

Los extranjeros que se encuentren en la provincia de Alicante y necesiten que se les asigne el N.I.E., deberán dirigirse personalmente a los servicios que el Cuerpo Nacional de Policía tiene habilitados en esta provincia para su tramitación.

Actualmente los servicios se encuentran en:

ALICANTE (en el servicio que el Cuerpo Nacional de Policía tiene habilitado en las dependencias de la Oficina de Extranjería en Alicante)

ATENCIÓN:

Para presentar solicitudes en el servicio de ALICANTE, es obligado obtener CITA PREVIA

En las comisarías de:

ALCOY

BENIDORM

DENIA

ELCHE

ELDA

ORIHUELA        Opps Mariedav they got that wrong

ORIHUELA COSTA

TORREVIEJA

This message was last edited by johnzx on 23/07/2015.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2015 8:40 PM by sue62rsh Star rating in Torrevieja . 15 posts Send private message

Ok guys enough bickering now i went to the town hall today but the dept where you get the nie was closed until tomorrow, i will go early in the morning and let you know what happens

Like 1      
23 Jul 2015 8:40 PM by sue62rsh Star rating in Torrevieja . 15 posts Send private message

Ok guys enough bickering now i went to the town hall today but the dept where you get the nie was closed until tomorrow, i will go early in the morning and let you know what happens

Like 0      
24 Jul 2015 9:20 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Thanks Sue, I will be interested in what you discover.

However, this info from Orihuela Town Hall might explain the confusion, in that the system, which once operated, no longer does:- 

La Oficina de Extranjería de Orihuela.

El Ayuntamiento de Orihuela Costa ha sufrido una serie de modificaciones realizadas con el fin de reorganizar al personal y así ofrecer un mejor servicio al ciudadano y ha abierto la Oficina de Extranjería.

Esta oficina estará atendida por una funcionaria municipal que, por ahora, está supervisada por un policía nacional. Y es que este servicio depende directamente del Cuerpo Nacional de Policía. De hecho, la funcionaria se encarga de recoger los datos de los usuarios que luego traslada a la Policía Nacional, donde continua el trámite oficial.

Like 0      
24 Jul 2015 9:37 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

Just to help out those who dont understand Spanish...Why it wasn't done like this in the first place who knows.

The Aliens Office of Orihuela.

The City of Orihuela Costa has suffered a series of modifications in order to reorganize the staff and to offer a better service to citizens and opened the Aliens Office.

This office will be staffed by a municipal official who, for now, is supervised by a national police. And this service depends directly from the National Police. In fact, the official is responsible for collecting data from users who then moved to the National Police, where he continued the official procedure.

Like 0      
26 Jul 2015 3:51 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Good luck Sue and you will be fine Mariedav is 100% correct. The town hall in PF have been doing this with NIE applications for years and what a great service they provide

Sadly some people on here simply can never be wrong and very trying (or should that be tiring smiley)

Like 2      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

car purchase and resident - 14 posts
buying off-plan comes more risky. Law 20/2015 abolishes Law 57/1968 and modifies Law 38/999 - 71 posts
What's the cost of Aircon installation in Spain? - 6 posts
Legal tip 1313.PROMOCIONES INROAL S.L. - BANK ACTION WON IN PROVINCIAL APPEAL COURT AGAINST BANCO MARE NOSTRUM (CAJA GRANADA) FOR A BUYER AT ANDARAX IN TERQUE, ALMERÍA - 0 posts
Hotel in Malaga - 0 posts
Owning reptiles - 0 posts
Happy Gardener - 0 posts
Possible scam for property sellers - 22 posts
Hi Everyone - 0 posts
First visit to Spain - 6 posts
Cyclists and Cycle Paths - 55 posts
Winter rental in Santa pola (or nearby) - 0 posts
Long term caravan site fees anyone? - 5 posts
Pain in Spain !! - 10 posts
The Sun hit s another low - 2 posts
hoppa shared shuttle from Malaga airport - 0 posts
Guidance for Board of Trustee members in Spain Charities - 2 posts
Iberdrola smart meter - causing huge problem - 14 posts
Car hire firms to provide more transparency to customers. - 3 posts
Legal tip 1311. NEW! HERRADA DEL TOLLO S.L. - BANK ACTION WON IN PROVINCIAL APPEAL COURT AGAINST SGR & BBVA FOR BUYERS AT RESIDENCIAL SANTA ANA DEL MONTE IN JUMILLA - 5 posts
Hello - 2 posts
renting - 5 posts
Mariadecastro - 5 posts
3% Devolution - 9 posts
Does anyone have a car for sale at Camposol - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x