3% Devolution

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jul 2015 8:01 PM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Hi, I wondered if anyone could help with some advice or information on our problem. We sold our house in Murcia in April 2014 and still have not had our 3% devolution returned from the Spanish Tax office. I understood they used to take about six months to return these funds and then because of the Crisis in Spain the Tax Office started hanging on to people's money for ten months. 

As we sold our house for considerable less than we paid for it, our solicitor in San Javier confirmed there was no tax to pay and as soon as the ten months were up he said he was in a position to contact them.  He said about two months ago that the Tax office will not answer his phone calls and that he has other clients in a similar situation. He actually told us to keep an eye on our bank account as these funds are now returned direct to clients British bank accounts not via the solicitor as used to happen. 

Its now been 15 months since the sale. 

Any info would be appreciated.

Geoff

He also said that July would be a better possibility to contact them and resolve this problem

This message was last edited by Geoff y Pat on 15/07/2015.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2015 8:58 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Sounds like he is having you on, i am also waiting for the 3% back sold in Murcia in Feb 2013 also i used a solictor from LA ( waste of time ) i have just paid another solictor a few hundred euro to sort it out, She phoned the tax office to see what the problem was, (she was told of the problems with my case)  and my case has been moved to Cartagena tax office, So she has re-applied for the money ,as the first solictor had missed thing out on the claim form.i been told i should have it around Sept, ( of this year i hope )

Like 0      
15 Jul 2015 10:24 PM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Hi newworld, thanks for your response. Where was your property in Murcia?

I think the Spanish tax office are having us all on. The Spanish administration is poor to say the least. You must have seen the video, I'm sure, of the girl who goes into a government office to apply for something, it's a typical scenario of the funcionarios en España and probably in Greece as well.

Geoff

Like 0      
15 Jul 2015 10:39 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Yes  I sold in Murcia LaTorre Golf, and yes I've seen the video I post it on EOS a bit back its so true

Like 0      
15 Jul 2015 10:41 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

xxxxxxxxx post went on twice xxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was last edited by newworld on 15/07/2015.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2015 12:39 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

He actually told us to keep an eye on our bank account as these funds are now returned direct to clients British bank accounts 

I thought you had to keep a Spanish bank account open to recieve this money back! worth checking, I can't imagine the Hacienda paying into a UK account, I may be wrong!

Like 0      
16 Jul 2015 1:25 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Nothing at all to do with the Spanish tax office. They pay up pretty quickly. The problem is the bank account. They will only pay it into a non-resident account as only non-residents have to pay this tax.

We found that, as our account was changed from non-res to res, the payment was refused. Our solicitors were at fault but we went to the Hacienda in Alicante and they paid it straight away including interest.

Your solicitor or whatever needs to resubmit the claim with the correct bank account details and, yes, they will pay it into a UK account. Just fiscal reps being unsure of what to do. The assertion that the tax office wants to keep the money is rubbish and expat rumour control.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2015 1:29 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes they do pay it back into yoir account. Friends of mine sold their property but were

moving back to the UK so they did not want to keep their bank account open.

So they used my bank and it was returned within 4 months. 

Like 0      
16 Jul 2015 7:21 AM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Hi Patty_1, your friends did well receiving it back within four months, Is this recently?

Hi mariedav, it's not an expat's rumour it's our solicitor who is saying it's the Tax office who will be repaying this money. We gave him our UK bank details in October last year as I was chasing the money then. I'm still waiting for an update (I emailed him early this week) and if there is no good news, I will ask him if he has submitted our details.

Thanks for your help.

Geoff

Like 0      
16 Jul 2015 1:06 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes it was last year Geoff! Good luck!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Does anyone have a car for sale at Camposol - 7 posts
hi all - 1 posts
English plumber moving to spain - 18 posts
Channel 4 looking for new business start ups in Southern Spain - 1 posts
Air Traffic Controllers Strikes July Spain - 19 posts
LUZ CAR RENTAL murcia - 1 posts
CAR RENTAL MURCIA AIRPORT - 18 posts
What is a "refugio agricola"? - 1 posts
Hairdresser - 0 posts
Banc Sabadell Regular Transfer Plan - 4 posts
inheritance tax liability on UK inheritance after leaving Spain - 1 posts
A snapshot or a trend? - 9 posts
Twice as many EU immigrants claiming unemployment benefits in UK than vice versa, new research shows - 15 posts
INHERITANCE TAX ON WORLDWIDE ESTATE OR ONLY SPANISH ASSETS? - 23 posts
Health tourists UK: How much do they cost and who pays? - 6 posts
Dogs defecating - 9 posts
Tenerife for the winter - 0 posts
Propane gas bottle for BBQ - 6 posts
Do I Take My White Goods or Buy New in Spain - 13 posts
A legal question relating to offplan Bank debt and resale of Bank repossessed property - 2 posts
NIE - 9 posts
I need a fence putting up!!! - 0 posts
experience with bb4s internet - 0 posts
What is 'Normal' TV in Spain? - 13 posts
job wanted - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x