What's the cost of Aircon installation in Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jul 2015 9:09 PM by TheMilkster Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hello, can anyone tell me what the cost is for the supply and installation of air con in a 3 bed apartment on the Costa Blanca. We already have all the ducts as its a new apartment so just need the Aircon unit installed on the roof etc. all the electrics are there. We have just had one quote for nearly 4000 euros and thought this was very expensive for a Mitshubushi Inverter standard model.

Thank you in advance 

Like 0      
21 Jul 2015 9:49 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I had three 3.5kw split ac units heat & cooling  supplied and fitted total 1500 euro's if you intend using the ducting in your apartment you will require a specialized unit to do the job have a look at fitting split units in the rooms you require ac. 

Like 0      
21 Jul 2015 10:24 PM by TheMilkster Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks Windtalker, maybe it's because I need a different unity as you said then to use the Ducting and that's why it costs a lot more. Does anyone know a good supplier around the Costa Blanca area?

Like 0      
21 Jul 2015 10:26 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

3 bed and living room with ducted aircon. Probably needs two units. We were quoted between 3500 and 5500 euros. We obviously took the 3500 one. That was 4 years ago so 4000 is probably about right. Ours is Fujitsu. The main units are on the roof and the units are out of sight under the ceiling tiles in the kitchen and bathroom.

Excellent, very effective, quiet and cheap (ish) to run. Depending on where you are, I can highly recommend a chap called Steve Birkett on 695 096 453 in the El Raso/Los Montesinos area. 

Like 0      
21 Jul 2015 11:09 PM by TheMilkster Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks Mariedav, sounds like I am not being quoted a too hefty price then. I think I will get another couple of quotes though to see if there is any difference. I am 30 KM South of Barcelona so will investigate some more installers around here.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2015 7:38 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

My son just had 3 units installed for 3,400€. 

We had cheaper quotes but the one he chose was the company which installed my AC 14 years ago. 

OK he paid more than he might have, as I did too, but as I said 14 years of no problems and units still working fine and the company still in existence to provide assistance if required.   

Within reason you probably get what you pay for.

Like 1      
22 Jul 2015 9:01 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

It depends on the room sizes but there are a variety of class A Inverters that you can install which vary in price price by brand starting with something like a Haier, then LG, Samsung,Fujitsu etc

The maximum for an inverter where you already have vents in each room, a compressor on  the roof and then the disvtribution unit, which normally goes in the fakse ceiling in the bathroom or kitchen should be around €2700

If you PM me I will pass on details of a couple of installers

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Legal tip 1313.PROMOCIONES INROAL S.L. - BANK ACTION WON IN PROVINCIAL APPEAL COURT AGAINST BANCO MARE NOSTRUM (CAJA GRANADA) FOR A BUYER AT ANDARAX IN TERQUE, ALMERÍA - 0 posts
Hotel in Malaga - 0 posts
Owning reptiles - 0 posts
Happy Gardener - 0 posts
Possible scam for property sellers - 22 posts
Hi Everyone - 0 posts
First visit to Spain - 6 posts
Cyclists and Cycle Paths - 55 posts
Winter rental in Santa pola (or nearby) - 0 posts
Long term caravan site fees anyone? - 5 posts
Pain in Spain !! - 10 posts
The Sun hit s another low - 2 posts
hoppa shared shuttle from Malaga airport - 0 posts
Guidance for Board of Trustee members in Spain Charities - 2 posts
Iberdrola smart meter - causing huge problem - 14 posts
Car hire firms to provide more transparency to customers. - 3 posts
Legal tip 1311. NEW! HERRADA DEL TOLLO S.L. - BANK ACTION WON IN PROVINCIAL APPEAL COURT AGAINST SGR & BBVA FOR BUYERS AT RESIDENCIAL SANTA ANA DEL MONTE IN JUMILLA - 5 posts
Hello - 2 posts
renting - 5 posts
Mariadecastro - 5 posts
3% Devolution - 9 posts
Does anyone have a car for sale at Camposol - 7 posts
hi all - 1 posts
English plumber moving to spain - 18 posts
Channel 4 looking for new business start ups in Southern Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x