NIE in Torrevieja

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jul 2015 11:34 AM by sue62rsh Star rating in Torrevieja . 15 posts Send private message

Hi all latest update after being sent from pillar to post we finally found the national police station tucked away in a side street in todrevieja. Not having transport yet we didnt want to risk trying to find town hall in orihuela. We finally have an appointment to go back on friday and were given new forms as the ones i downloaded from the website were no longer valid. I will let you know how this long winded procedure unfolds. Hot and frustrated Sue

Like 0      
27 Jul 2015 11:34 AM by sue62rsh Star rating in Torrevieja . 15 posts Send private message

Hi all latest update after being sent from pillar to post we finally found the national police station tucked away in a side street in torrevieja. Not having transport yet we didnt want to risk trying to find town hall in orihuela. We finally have an appointment to go back on friday and were given new forms as the ones i downloaded from the website were no longer valid. I will let you know how this long winded procedure unfolds. Hot and frustrated Sue

This message was last edited by sue62rsh on 27/07/2015.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2015 1:56 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sue:-   I went to the town hall today but the dept where you get the NIE was closed until tomorrow, i will go early in the morning and let you know what happens

Sue, sorry to hear you given the run around , but as I said, if you had gone to the National Police the first time,  you have been where you now, somewhat earlier, and  with less agro.

All the best with the application.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2015 2:30 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Hopefully to put this to rest once and for all.

We went to Zenia Boulevard this morning and passed the Ayuntaniento Orihuela Costa at Playa Flamenca. There is a foreigners office there and a local police station, all under the same roof. It was full of people waiting with NIE/foreign registration applications etc. The lady there does not just help you complete the forms (on the contrary, she only accepts correctly completed ones) but processes them for you. It's a magic thing called IT. She does not actually have to physically sit in an office with the National Police and the amazing world of PC networks means she can link up with them as I assume she works for them. Same as if you have to go to a national police station where a civilian clerk does the work, not a bloke in uniform.  What she can't do is actually print out the certificates which is why you have to go back a couple of weeks later.

It is only open in the mornings which is probably why it was closed when sue went there.

So, yes mariedv, you were perfectly correct in everything you said. Johnzx is getting the two Oriheula town halls mixed up. 

Hopefully the subject is now closed unless johnzx can find something else to query.

Like 3      
28 Jul 2015 12:47 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Despite my last, optimistic, attempt at putting this to rest once and for all, it would appear that some (?) people are still not happy.

Therefore, to close the subject, I admit to being wrong. There is no foreigners office located in the town hall at Orihuela Costa in Playa Flamenca. In fact, I now doubt there is even a town hall there at all. The office inside with "Oficina de Extranjeros does not exist and the lady sitting at the desk is a total figment of my imagination.

For all those who think they were given an NIE or a residents card (sorry, signed on the register of EU foreign nationals residing in Spain) then you will have to join me as I have made an appointment at the Policia Nacional in Orihuela. We have to tell them that the number they gave us, and the certificate issued, at that place that does not exist is not valid and we want a new, and proper, one. We know this because someone living some 500km in a different province to us has told us so.

I would also like to apologise to my neighbours who I helped complete the residence forms (much easier to say that) and took to that fictitious building in Playa Flamenca was not valid. The little green card they have is not worth a can of beans and they will now have to travel to a correct and proper Policia Nacional centre to get a real one issued.

Sorry for all the confusion and anyone who goes to that non-existent office in future will realise that the information given on the Orihuela Costa town hall (not to be confused with the Orihuela town hall in Orihuela which does actually exist) website, which is obviously an internet wind up, that :

Solicitud y renovación del número de NIE y/o residencia / Apply for and renew your NIE number and/or residencia:
(08:30 – 10:45) Información y solicitud de cita previa (sólo los lunes, martes y viernes)
Information and application for appointment (only on Mondays,Tuesdays and Fridays)
(11:30 – 13:00) Para atender las citas previas / Only for people with previous appointment

Is not really there at all. If you could go there, but you can't because it's not there, then anything they give you will not be valid because everything in Spain is the same wherever you go.

Subject well and truly closed. (I hope, but doubt).

Like 4      
28 Jul 2015 2:54 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I needed a photograph to get my NIE at the police station in Torreviecha. That was 3 years ago. Don't forget to take one.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2015 10:02 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Very slightly off topic I'm afraid.

We are residents in Murcia and will need to change our documentation when we move to Alicante Region. Can we use any Oficina de Extranjeros or are we restricted to the office nearest to our new address?

Our new address will be Oasis/La Marina but were thinking of using either Torrevieja or Playa Flamenca.

If we use PF it is a great excuse for some retail theraby at the Boulevard.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2015 1:04 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I'd have thought Elche would have been better for you. You can book an appointment online and you will get the change straight away. You would need a lot of retail therapy at "the other place" as it's 3 trips, one to make the appointment, one to apply and one to collect the certificates.

Anyway, you can get your shopping fix in at L'Aljub centre which is indoors and all air conditioned. Even have a Primark.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2015 1:59 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Ayrez:      Can we use any Oficina de Extranjeros or are we restricted to the office nearest to our new address?

You are required to go to the Oficina de Extranjeros of the National Police for the area where you live or where you are staying, at the time you make the application, even if that is just temporarily in an apartment / hotel etc..   At the comisaria where I have worked for 15 years, people are sent away if they are not living/staying in the area our office covers. 

Inevitably, that said, I expect some here will say you can go to any National Police Office which you choose !!

This message was last edited by johnzx on 29/07/2015.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2015 8:10 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

As La Marina, Elche, Alicante, Torrevieja, Playa Flamenca and so on are all in the Alicante province then you can use any of them.

The translated rules from the National Police site states (and please note it says to the Foreigners Office)

Interested parties are required to apply in person to the Foreigners Office in the province where they intend to stay or fix their residence or , failing that , to the Police Station , registration in the Central Register of Foreigners

You can use the offices at any of these locations

ALCOY
ALICANTE
ALTEA
BENIDORM
DENIA
ELCHE
ELDA
ORIHUELA
ORIHUELA COSTA
TEULADA
TORREVIEJA

Alicante, Altea, Orihuela Costa and Teulada have foreigners offices provided by the National Police but are not located in a National Police station. Orihuela Costa and Teulada are located in the town halls of those places.

Somehow I just knew this topic wouldn't die

This message was last edited by mariedav on 29/07/2015.

Like 1      
29 Jul 2015 9:26 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Thanks very much Marie.

I thought we could go anywhere in the region but could not manage to find anything on the website.

Will have to do the rounds to change our  paperwork / doctors etc in the new year.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

car purchase and resident - 14 posts
buying off-plan comes more risky. Law 20/2015 abolishes Law 57/1968 and modifies Law 38/999 - 71 posts
What's the cost of Aircon installation in Spain? - 6 posts
Legal tip 1313.PROMOCIONES INROAL S.L. - BANK ACTION WON IN PROVINCIAL APPEAL COURT AGAINST BANCO MARE NOSTRUM (CAJA GRANADA) FOR A BUYER AT ANDARAX IN TERQUE, ALMERÍA - 0 posts
Hotel in Malaga - 0 posts
Owning reptiles - 0 posts
Happy Gardener - 0 posts
Possible scam for property sellers - 22 posts
Hi Everyone - 0 posts
First visit to Spain - 6 posts
Cyclists and Cycle Paths - 55 posts
Winter rental in Santa pola (or nearby) - 0 posts
Long term caravan site fees anyone? - 5 posts
Pain in Spain !! - 10 posts
The Sun hit s another low - 2 posts
hoppa shared shuttle from Malaga airport - 0 posts
Guidance for Board of Trustee members in Spain Charities - 2 posts
Iberdrola smart meter - causing huge problem - 14 posts
Car hire firms to provide more transparency to customers. - 3 posts
Legal tip 1311. NEW! HERRADA DEL TOLLO S.L. - BANK ACTION WON IN PROVINCIAL APPEAL COURT AGAINST SGR & BBVA FOR BUYERS AT RESIDENCIAL SANTA ANA DEL MONTE IN JUMILLA - 5 posts
Hello - 2 posts
renting - 5 posts
Mariadecastro - 5 posts
3% Devolution - 9 posts
Does anyone have a car for sale at Camposol - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x