Which website to sell my property?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by robertsf Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

What is a good website to sell my property without an estate agent? I have found a website http://www.4rent4sale.es which does it for free I'm looking for more places that do this for free. Any suggestions?

Are there any other tips or hints that you can tell me?

Not sure if I can post my property here so I won't do it, unless it allowed.

Thanks!

Regards,
Robert

This message was last edited by robertsf on 8/23/2007.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2007 9:30 AM by chelseaphil Star rating in near Mojacar. 25 posts Send private message

This is a new site that is about to launch. Not free but only 75€. I looked  at he one you metioned and it does not offer much.  The reason In know about the new site is because the guy that is setting it up is a friend. www.spanishsalesdirect.com

They have a temporary page but apparently the full site launch is imminent. I sold my house in the UK via the internet cost me £65 for the advert and sold it in 5 weeks. Phil

Like 0      
26 Aug 2007 11:27 AM by robertsf Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply.

I created an account at http://www.4rent4sale.es it looks to me it offers enough, or to put it in other words, I couldn't think of something else it should offer. What should a website offer do you think? What should I look for?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Robert

Like 0      
26 Aug 2007 2:47 PM by chelseaphil Star rating in near Mojacar. 25 posts Send private message

Basically, advice on how to prepare your advert, property, contracts etc.  These are all equally as important as placing an advert. Whne the new web site is launched I would certainly have a look at it and you will see what I mean.

Like 0      
26 Aug 2007 3:33 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
THE most important thing a website needs to be any good is TRAFFIC.  Without loads of targetted visitors there is little point in even bothering to list your property.  This is the main problem with new sites, the lack of good traffic.

The 4rent4sale site is badly set up for search engines so unless they do a big pay-per-click campaign I don't see how they will get much traffic.

Unfortunately for a high traffic site you normally have to pay!!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 2:02 PM by robertsf Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know, I have got my first viewing through the website http://www.4rent4sale.es I added my property, had a problem with adding photos, it did not accept mbp files but had to be converted to jpeg. They where helpfull to help me. I've added my property on other websites but have had no response yet. Just wanted you all to know, because I am happy :-) :-)

What does the housing market look like for the next year or two? I have been hearing not so good things.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 3:37 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Robert

Is that perhaps your own website?  Seeing as you posted your original message on EVERY Spanish property forum going it does rather seem that you are pushing your own site, especially now you have resurected the thread again!  Having been involved in Internet marketing for four years it is obvious that a new website that doesn't rank in such a competitive industry isn't actually going to produce any enquiries.

It would be better if you just offered advice to people and did like everyone else does and just put a link to your website in your signature.

I really don't appreciate forum spamming.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 4:07 PM by robertsf Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Justin,

No it's not my site and I have nothing to do with it. I'm just seeking advice etc. I bought my house in Spain about 7 years ago and I am trying sell it now. When I was looking for places to advertise my house I only found places where I had to pay, and the prices where pretty high. I was disappointed because I thought everything on the net comes for free, well almost. I found this website (promise I won't mention it again) it looks good and free. I guess I was a little over enthousiast about it. In the mean time I have found other places where I can place it for free. Anyway I did not mean to spam this forum. Very sorry about that. It was just me being happy that I have a serious buyer after 8 months or so.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 4:38 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Robert, you had all the makings of a spammer (of which we get many) so my apologies if I misunderstood you.

Best of luck with the sale of your property. It would be useful for others to post if they have had any success with any other websites too.

Justin

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 5:40 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
I have success with my own website???!?  Yes - in a cheeky mood today, sorry!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
13 Sep 2007 8:36 AM by robertsf Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Justin,

No problem! Looking back I see what you mean.

Maybe you can give me some advice, you say you are or you was in internet marketing. Friends have told me I should make a website for my house, do you think this is a good idea? I would like to try and make a website myself, not sure how it all works, but I'm willing to try and learn. And if I can't do it I know someone that can do it. But is it worth it?

Regards,
Robert.

Like 0      
13 Sep 2007 6:04 PM by ssd Star rating in Spain. 12 posts Send private message

ssd´s avatar
The website mentioned by Chelseaphil in this thread is now up and running!

Like 0      
22 Sep 2007 10:38 AM by vijaysonik Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

** EDITED ** Please stop spamming the forum

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 9/22/2007.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2007 12:06 PM by lawriejanes Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED ** No commercial posts

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 10/8/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car - 18 posts
grupo location - 2 posts
Opions on Estate Agents - 10 posts
Property Problems? ITV Documentary - 4 posts
MOTORCYCLE TRIPS - 5 posts
Hi all - 1 posts
re- mortgage advice wanted - 3 posts
golf - 5 posts
Hi all - advice appreciated. - 11 posts
Hotel Lloyds Club, seafront, La Mata near Torrevieja, CB - 0 posts
Is there a Urologist or Qualified Midwife amongst our members? - 8 posts
A business for my nephew - 1 posts
Free texts - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR OFFICE SPACE, SHOWROOM, WAREHOUSE ? - 0 posts
to all investing in guadlapin banus - 6 posts
MIKE T, MOVING TO SPAIN.................................................. - 28 posts
90% of valuation - 1 posts
Recommendations Wanted - 1 posts
La Hacienda del Senorio de Cifuentes - 1 posts
denuncia on developer - 5 posts
Long term rental required,Costa Calida area.2008 - 2 posts
Luz De Almoradi - 4 posts
new members from Holland! - 1 posts
Recommendations - 2 posts
any sort of advice would be good! - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x