Car

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by victorjhall Star rating in northern ireland. 16 posts Send private message

Me again just thought while I am on does anyone know where I could bye a new car? have in mind a picasso c4.

Thanx again

Vic

Like 0      
24 Aug 2007 7:02 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
How about a Citroen garage? Are you talking about N.Ireland, or Spain?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 1:20 PM by victorjhall Star rating in northern ireland. 16 posts Send private message

Thanx Roberto talking about Spain.

Vic

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 1:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Spain's a BIG country  Give us a clue.  Apart from that you maybe should've posted this in relevant board, Victor, where it would've been noticed more. Go look at Buying a spanish car in Spain

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/28/2007.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 6:08 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Visit http://www.citroen.es/CWE/es-ES/RANGE/PrivateCars/C4Picasso5p/PriceAndEquipment/

Obviously it's all in Spanish, but you'll figure out basically what you need to know. Prices of new cars in Spain tend to be pretty non-negotiable. You may get a little bit off by shopping around dealer to dealer, or with a bit of effort you may get some useless freebies. Best bet is to try to find an ex-demo, since the saving on new price can be significant, but it may not be so easy to get the exact model you want.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
31 Aug 2007 4:35 AM by victorjhall Star rating in northern ireland. 16 posts Send private message

Hi the area I will be living in is Punta Prima Murcia.

Cheers Vic

Like 0      
31 Aug 2007 1:06 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Might be worth trying the ex rental companies - a lot of them buy in more cars for the summer as more demand and then chop them out in October (ish) when they no longer need them - you get a low kms car with several grand off the list price - the snag is that the car has to stay registered to the rental company until 2 years old as they have had beneficial tax terms which they in turn pass on to you. As Roberto says you cannot be too specific about model, colour etc but it is effectively a new car. I saved about 6 grand off mine a couple of years back with 7,000kms on the clock and just under 6 months old.

They have to give you an open ended rental contract so that officially you are renting the car - obviously has to be paid for in full when you take the car and you have the purchase invoice - have to say I was little suspect but many Spanish do it and was suggested to me by a Spanish friend so seemed on the level - got a call from them when the jamjar was 2 years old to deal with the change of registration - so all went tickety boo.  

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
01 Sep 2007 12:09 AM by victorjhall Star rating in northern ireland. 16 posts Send private message

Thanx for that Smiley sounds very interesting will look into it when I come over.

Vic

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 11:42 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

03 Sep 2007 12:21 PM by rob/jac Star rating in sutton coldfield / m.... 59 posts Send private message

Hi Smiley

Was just reading your reply about buying x-rental cars sounds agood idea.

We are moveing to Murcia in November and i would like to look into this idea

any idea what rental companys to contact or should i just call in when we move out?

rob/jac

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 12:37 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Most of them have a central sales unit - dont know specifics up that way but most of the rental companies down here do it so cant imagine any different up there.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 12:41 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Hi.....

Just back from 3 weeks on CB...read an article in one of the papers from a chap who has written a book on buying a car in spain etc etc...he mentioned that to buy a car you also need to be on a padron as well as having an NIE....any one know if this is true or not?

ta

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 12:46 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
You need a NIE and a rental contract or an Escritura

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 1:05 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

rob/jac,

Goldcar in torrevieja have a constant list of ex-rental cars and vans for sale.

I think theyt have a branch near you as well.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 1:18 PM by rob/jac Star rating in sutton coldfield / m.... 59 posts Send private message

thanks georgia

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 4:01 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Try one of the main dealers in Torrevieja. Avenida de Cortes Valencianas (hope I've spelled that correctly) has main dealers for just about all the popular makes and most have an English speaker working there. It will give you an idea of new prices so you can decide whether an ex hire car is cost effective. We bought an new Ford Fiesta last year after checking out just about every garage in the area plus car hire firms. Very happy with deal we bought Fiesta Ghia for about same price as basic Fiesta in UK. My husband is one of natures hagglers I'm afraid.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2007 10:46 AM by rob/jac Star rating in sutton coldfield / m.... 59 posts Send private message

AYREZ

Thanks for that its a big help will look when we get out there from ordering to takeing ownership how long did it take you?

Again Thanks

rob/jac

Like 0      
06 Sep 2007 9:45 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

I think we had only a week in between but could have got it earlier as the car was in stock. When we bought my Twingo second hand that only took a few days. We also had had good aftersales service from both the Ford and Renault main dealers. According to my other half unless car is 4 years old or more it is not really worth buying second hand as price differential is not that great.

It is also a good idea to check guarantee period/warranty with second hand cars as they can differ. One of the hire firms only gives 3 months.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2007 10:17 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
If you buy one of the nearly new cars from the reputable hire firms you get the balance of the manufacturers warranty. If you go for the nearly new from the rental companies savings should be quite significant over brand new.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

grupo location - 2 posts
Opions on Estate Agents - 10 posts
Property Problems? ITV Documentary - 4 posts
MOTORCYCLE TRIPS - 5 posts
Hi all - 1 posts
re- mortgage advice wanted - 3 posts
golf - 5 posts
Hi all - advice appreciated. - 11 posts
Hotel Lloyds Club, seafront, La Mata near Torrevieja, CB - 0 posts
Is there a Urologist or Qualified Midwife amongst our members? - 8 posts
A business for my nephew - 1 posts
Free texts - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR OFFICE SPACE, SHOWROOM, WAREHOUSE ? - 0 posts
to all investing in guadlapin banus - 6 posts
MIKE T, MOVING TO SPAIN.................................................. - 28 posts
90% of valuation - 1 posts
Recommendations Wanted - 1 posts
La Hacienda del Senorio de Cifuentes - 1 posts
denuncia on developer - 5 posts
Long term rental required,Costa Calida area.2008 - 2 posts
Luz De Almoradi - 4 posts
new members from Holland! - 1 posts
Recommendations - 2 posts
any sort of advice would be good! - 18 posts
The coming worldwide credit crunch - 715 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x