Property Problems? ITV Documentary

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by ITVHomes Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello,

ITV in the UK are looking for cautionary tales about owning holiday homes either in the UK or abroad for a one hour programme for network going out later this year. 

Perhaps you’ve had problems with the builders; your new neighbours haven’t been very welcoming; your pride and joy has been struck by floods, fire or hurricanes; your deeds are dodgy or your solicitor has ripped you off.  If you’ve got a story to tell we’d really like to hear from you.  If you’ve filmed it, even better. 

Please contact me by email: homes@itv.com

This message was last edited by ITVHomes on 2/1/2008.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 5:33 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Crikey Katie - I think you will be innundated with stories!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 5:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Although I enjoy watching programmes about buying/relocating abroad, it's usually doom & gloom. I realise there are pitfalls & problems & we, ourselves, have encountered a few. But generally I think most would like to hear some happy outcomes.  

Having said that, Katie, don't forget to come & tell us when it is scheduled to be on as I certainly wouldn't want to miss it. 

(Bet we'll be over in Spain arguing the toss about why our President has allowed one of our neighbours to erect a carport/gazebo further forward than the front elevation of the property when community rules expressly say it's NOT permitted &, should any owner erect a structure permanent or not on the front & it's higher than the average car, the President WILL instruct that owner to remove it or the President will have it removed & bill the owner. Can't you tell I'm miffed at the mo, talk about rules are there to be broken. Well, I will have a rotary airer if I want then, in that case !!! )

Like 0      
04 Nov 2009 11:29 AM by manninghr4 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

BUYING PROPERTY ABROAD COULD COST YOU YOUR LIFES SAVINGS. AND A PROPRTY THAT’S WORTH NOTHING.????????????????
HAVING JUST RETURN FROM CYPRUS I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH BAD AND I MEAN BAD WORKMANSHIP IN MY LIFE.   FROM SIMPLE WORK TO COMPLETE BUILDINGS.THE DAMP PROBLEMS ARE UNBELIEVEABLE , RISING DAMP, SUB STANDARD BUILDING WORK , SEWER DRAINS NEVER WORK, ALWAYS BEING BLOCKED, SOME NOT THE RIGHT SIZE PIPE WORK 
NOT LAYED CORRECTLY, WATER MAINS NOT LAYED CORRECTLY , MAIN PIPES NOT BIG ENOUGH, ELECTRIC CABLE ALL OVER THE PLACE THE REINFORCEING FOR CONCRETE COULD BE ANY WHERE, IN MAIN UPRIGHTS REINFORCEMENT OF STEEL NOT INSIDE THE CONCRETE ENOUGH THE ONLYTHING I DID LIKE WAS THE ROOF WORK,   EXCEPT WHERE THE SOLAR PANELS WHERE ON, CAUSES FLOODING WHEN THE DRAIN GETS BLOCK, WITH BIRD DROPPINGS AND PIPES TO SMALL ,ALL FLOORS ARE TILED, TO STOP DAMP RISING THROUGH FLOOR, NO DAMP MEMBRANE USED SOME PAINTED IT ON, NO EXPANSION JOINTS ANYWHERE, WALLS CRACKS, BUILDINGS CRACK STRIGHT THROUGH, NOT MUCH PAINT ON BUILDINGS, WATERED DOWN TO 50% IT JUST COLOURED WATER.    NEVER;; NEVER BELIEVE WHAT THE DEVELOPER TELLS YOU... ALWAYS GET IN THE CONTRTACT, THEY ARE ALL TARD WITH THE SAME BRUSH, LYING –ARSTARDS .AS FOR THE SOLICITORS FIND ONE ,THROUGH RECOMMENDATION ONLY SOME ARE JUST AS BAD.AND THEY ARE IN MORE FAVOUR FOR THE DEVELOPER, BE CAREFUL.             MY DEVELOPER WAS ONE OF THEM.SEE PHOTOS, ANY ONE THINKING OF BUYING IN ZANTE,   OR CYPRUS                FROM THIS SO CALLED DEVELOPER…….  
                 HYDRIA LAND DEVELOPER LTD                         
                  DO NOT NO NO NO     FROM HIM. OTHER WISE YOU WILL BE SORRY …….. ………... 
   PS . THEY MAY LOOK GOOD AND NICE FROM ANY SIZE BUT ALL THEY ARE , ARE CONCRETE COAL BUNKERS WITH DOORS AND WINDOWS IN...AS FOR THE COLD AND DRAUGHTS, THROUGH UNDER DOORS THROUGH DOUBLE GLAZED WINDOWS, COLD TRAVELS THROUGH THE WALLS, SAME WHEN IT IS HOT TRAVELS STRIGHT THROUGH,.. YOU WOULD NOT EXPECT TO HAVE CENTRAL HEATING IN THESE PROPERTIES, FOR 3.5 MONTHS OF THE YEAR IT IS COLD AND DAMP.THERE ARE NO U-VALUE, OR                 INSULATION IN ANYTHING..IT IS JUST ONE BIG SHAMBLERS...
HOLIDAYING           AND LIVING THERE. ARE TWO VERY    VERY DIFFERENT THINGS.
   I COULD WRITE A BOOK ,OF THE EXPRIENCE , THAT I HAVE SEEN   IN CYPRUS FROM A BUILDING POINT OF VIEW,,
AS FOR THE RUBBISH YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO THERE. IF YOU ARE THERE, HAVE A WALK ALONG THE BAECH FRONT OF AYIA THEKLA FROM THE SMALL CHURCH TO THE FISHING VILLAGE???
 I HOPE THIS INFORMATION IS OF SOME USE TO ANYONE WHO IS THINKING ABOUT IT …And Dont get conned
                     GOOD   LUCK……..

PHONE ANYTIME
MOBILE                 07766871398.
E-MAIL     MANNINGHR4@SKY.COM       

Like 0      
04 Nov 2009 1:38 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

morerosado

your carport/community situation is one i've heard a few times recently. Some relatives who have been trying to sell for some time, said that they intended to visit their apartment a few times a year to chill out, but instead they spend much of the time sorting out various issues from maintenance to community to rental queries, so don't actually relax that much and sometimes come home more stressed than when they went!. I think it's something that should be given serious thought to when thinking about buying, but how many do when they have their 'positive thinking ' head on?

This message was last edited by goodstich44 on 04/11/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

MOTORCYCLE TRIPS - 5 posts
Hi all - 1 posts
re- mortgage advice wanted - 3 posts
golf - 5 posts
Hi all - advice appreciated. - 11 posts
Hotel Lloyds Club, seafront, La Mata near Torrevieja, CB - 0 posts
Is there a Urologist or Qualified Midwife amongst our members? - 8 posts
A business for my nephew - 1 posts
Free texts - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR OFFICE SPACE, SHOWROOM, WAREHOUSE ? - 0 posts
to all investing in guadlapin banus - 6 posts
MIKE T, MOVING TO SPAIN.................................................. - 28 posts
90% of valuation - 1 posts
Recommendations Wanted - 1 posts
La Hacienda del Senorio de Cifuentes - 1 posts
denuncia on developer - 5 posts
Long term rental required,Costa Calida area.2008 - 2 posts
Luz De Almoradi - 4 posts
new members from Holland! - 1 posts
Recommendations - 2 posts
any sort of advice would be good! - 18 posts
The coming worldwide credit crunch - 715 posts
Code of Conduct. - 2 posts
Morerosado's 1000th Post - Congratulations! - 10 posts
'Evening' classes - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x