Hi all - advice appreciated.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by Nicky123 Star rating in Benalmadena soon to .... 17 posts Send private message

Hi all, I decided to up and move from uk and this is my second week here.  Am currently stayin with a friend in Pubelo Benalmadena, but have decided this is far too "hilly" for me as i have no transport.  I'm tryin to find a long term rental, close to beach but also close to schools, 2 or 3 bedrooms and now I don't know which area to pick.  Also I must have internet access as I work from home online and I need to get sorted asap.

Can anyone help.

Nicky.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 9:56 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Nicky

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

Have you had a look at our long term rentals on the site?

http://www.eyeonspain.com/rental-property-spain-long.aspx

They are listed privately by our members.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 12:14 PM by Nicky123 Star rating in Benalmadena soon to .... 17 posts Send private message

hi there thanks,

yes there are so many, but im really undecided as to area because I don't know anything about the schools here. Thanks for replying to me

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 1:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Nicky, welcome to our forum. How old are your children ?

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 1:04 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi Nicky,

I can recommend Sabinillas, which is a couple kms' west of Estepona.  There is a large Brit community but retains its' Spanish  village atmosphere, and tons of amenities. The night life is not as Benalmadena, but a really nice ambience! 

If you look at www.manilvalife.com  i am sure there woill some rentals listed.

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 1:14 PM by Nicky123 Star rating in Benalmadena soon to .... 17 posts Send private message

Hi ya sharon, i'll have a look at that ty.  My children are 13 in sept and one just turned 11.....

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 1:19 PM by Nicky123 Star rating in Benalmadena soon to .... 17 posts Send private message

Lol, I don't know what my main worry is the school for the kids, or find a place with internet connection for work lol.  Using my mates at the mo and we both need it, its a bit hard lol.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 1:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

So, Nicky, with kids of 11 & 13 you, I assume, will put them into an International school rather than a Spanish school. I just had a look & these are two to consider.

Benalmadena International College C/ Catarmaran s/n , 29630  Nueva Torrequebrada (Benalmadena Costa)
Tel: 952 561 666 Fax: 952 561 666
(Benalmadena Costa) Co-Educational British School - Founded 1997 (Formally The English Education College) The Benalmadena International College is situated in Nueva Torrequebrada, just off the N-340 coast road, between Benalmadena and Fuengirola. Nueva Torrequebrada is a new, exclusive urbanisation just metres from the sea and an established golf course.

Then there's St. Anthony's College (Fuengirola)

St. Anthony's College was established in 1968. It is an officially recognised bilingual school offering an English curriculum from Reception (age 3) to GCSE and GCE Advanced Level (age 18+) together with Spanish EGB, BUP and COU. The college is situated at Km. 5.25 on the Camino de Coin (known as the "Mijas Golf Road").

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/23/2007.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 1:57 PM by Nicky123 Star rating in Benalmadena soon to .... 17 posts Send private message

Oh, lots of info to read up on, thankyou.  We actually I was thinking of Spanish School, we have been slowly learning the language, well my kids have, its not sticking with me.  I thought in at the deep end type thing.  Do you not think this is a good idea??

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 2:13 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi Nicky,

There is a good Spanish school in Sabinillas where many British children attend.  Again the Manilva life website should be able to give you info for this.  Sorry i do not have!

Sharon 

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 2:45 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Look here Nicky then if you want a Spanish school. Taken from Manilva life site which Sharon gave you.

http://www.manilvalife.com/info/education.htm

Like 0      
23 Aug 2007 2:58 PM by Nicky123 Star rating in Benalmadena soon to .... 17 posts Send private message

Thanks all for the advice, head spinning now lol.... off to do a bit of reading, have a good day and see ya soon xxx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hotel Lloyds Club, seafront, La Mata near Torrevieja, CB - 0 posts
Is there a Urologist or Qualified Midwife amongst our members? - 8 posts
A business for my nephew - 1 posts
Free texts - 0 posts
LOOKING FOR OFFICE SPACE, SHOWROOM, WAREHOUSE ? - 0 posts
to all investing in guadlapin banus - 6 posts
MIKE T, MOVING TO SPAIN.................................................. - 28 posts
90% of valuation - 1 posts
Recommendations Wanted - 1 posts
La Hacienda del Senorio de Cifuentes - 1 posts
denuncia on developer - 5 posts
Long term rental required,Costa Calida area.2008 - 2 posts
Luz De Almoradi - 4 posts
new members from Holland! - 1 posts
Recommendations - 2 posts
any sort of advice would be good! - 18 posts
The coming worldwide credit crunch - 715 posts
Code of Conduct. - 2 posts
Morerosado's 1000th Post - Congratulations! - 10 posts
'Evening' classes - 2 posts
Licence update - 11 posts
Completion - 2 posts
Mortgage valuations - 1 posts
ACCIDENT IN MARBELLA FRIDAY 17TH AUGUST - 3 posts
Be careful of promises from agents! - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x