The coming worldwide credit crunch

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Aug 2007 5:03 PM by TJ222 Star rating. 317 posts Send private message

Rixxy

Thanks, should be down your way early next year sometime if all goes to plan. We are expecting a new delivery from the stork around new year, so never a dull moment. Glad business is booming for you and Georgia, my favourite estate agents in Spain lol!

Like 0      
31 Aug 2007 5:38 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ahhhhhh - congratulations on your impending bundle of joy! I have 2 of them although almost grown and flown but I remember it well.................!

Will catch up with you at some stage - enjoy the UK weather !

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 12:03 PM by TJ222 Star rating. 317 posts Send private message

Hope everyone had a good w/e, all the aninal lovers out there got some time with their furry friends and Rixxy got some of that S we are not sure about, or failing that a nice pot of Hagen Daiz. I'm guessing the weather out there was brilliant,  perhaps too good. I have been on my todd all week as the better half is in  Singapore. the fridge is now empty and I am eyeing up Trixie's food. Trixie is looking slightly nervous.

Anyway back in the real world it was a busy day Friday in circus land. The two biggest clowns had to be wheeled out to reassure the masses that all was ok in the US. No 2 clown Bernanke the head of the Federal reserve stated that the FED would do all that was required to rescue the economy (why does the richest economy on earth need rescueing?) and the No1 clown Dubya promised to help the folks that are struggeling with their mortgages with tax payers dollars ( why do the richest citizens on earth need help with their mortgages?).

The stock market took both performances as a good thing and put on 200pts.

What amazes me is that either clown has any credability left atall! Lets recap on what has happen this year so far.

1. When the news broke of the Subprime crisis, they said it would be very limited and not a crisis.

2. When it became apparent this was not true they said the houseing market had bottomed so all would be ok.

3. The houseing market went from bad to worse, but they said the crisis in subprime wouldn't spread outside subprime lending.

4. The crisis spread not just to ordinary mortgages, but to all lending and outside the US to become global, taking out a french and German bank.

5. The market started to panic and shreeked for a rate cut.

6. Fed head Poule said no rate cut was necessary as only a calamity would warrant a rate cut

7. Last week FED cuts discount rate and Bernanke promises rate cuts as required.

And these are the people we trust to run the most important economy of the world. They are infact digging us all deeper and deeper into the brown stuff. As a result the worldwide credit crunch continues.

This message was last edited by TJ222 on 9/2/2007.

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 8:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi TJ

Good weekend ? Hmm. WAS until 3am when PC had BIG note flashed up with THREAT DETECTED on it !!! I swear I was just looking at a Spanish site about paying taxes, believe me or not but (sadly) true. It only flashed up for a couple of secs &, if I'd looked away, I'd have missed seeing it. Anyway around 10am hubby realised I was finally awake & said "Did the PC close down ok this morning as it wouldn't allow me to log in just now ?" Half asleep, still dreaming of "S" & Hagen Daz   I said it took it's time I'd noticed & then remembered I'd seen this THREAT DETECTED thingy. It took hubby two hours to run checks, find we had a virus & to get rid of it. Last time I got us a virus we didn't speak all day. Just before noon we noticed lights dimming then getting back to normal & a guy turned up to say they had a problem & they'd be digging the path up in front of our drive so we should get the car out of the garage & park it away from the drive. He said we must switch everything off & remove plugs. He gave us a letter saying if we had problems after they switched us back on they could be held responsible for any costs to rectify.

So we had a guy with a massive angle grinder cut our path, causing dust everywhere, poor roses !  Then mini digger pulled tarmac up & dug down to around 4ft. Cables everywhere. No electric so no PC, no caffeine, no meal. Around 6pm (I'd found candles expecting the worst) they said they thought it had been sorted so they came in & checked with meter. They waited till we'd switched everything back on & told them it seemed fine then they left. Hole's still there, obviously not important for them to fill it in !! Car's having to stay out overnight so we hope it's ok.

Might as well have gone off for the day. Still, just as well it happened today & not Thursday when I'd be washing last minute clothes to take to Spain Friday

Hey ho .............love to Trixie. (My grandad had a dog called Trixie).

Like 0      
02 Sep 2007 10:09 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I wondered where you were Morerosado ! What a day you've had !

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 3:12 AM by TJ222 Star rating. 317 posts Send private message

Hi Morerosado

Bad luck, but your story made me laugh. I glad I'm not the only one that gets upset with these virus things. My wife has been visiting internet cafes in Thailand with my memory sticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said to her, thats like visiting a Thai Brothel, those internet cafe machine have more viruses than a - well than a Thai brothel!

Anyway so hours spend checking my sticks for viruses.

In Thailand no ones bothers to pay for virus protection, so all the machines are infected and they just turn off the active x and macros etc so the machine keeps running.

Also we get power and water cuts every week, but for no apparent reason. Sometime they cut us off the internet for not paying the bill, only to find we have lol. Oh the joys.

Hope the Hagen Daiz made up for it - Chunky Monkey?

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 11:47 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Think Chunky Monkey is Ben & Jerry's - mind you in your neck of the woods it might be something else or is that Spanky Monkey?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 3:25 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hola guys!

TJ - glad you had a quiet weekend, it was beautiful here so was on the beach most of saturday and all day sunday getting golden! And what do you know of Thai Brothels anyway!!?

Yes had Haagen Daz - Dulce de Leche flavour, and a soupcon of 'S' !

Morerosado - what a horrible time you had but at least you are all sorted now.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 5:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Chunkey Monkey is about what you are Smiley http://www.benjerry.co.uk/ourflavours/  Behave I & P, you were doing so well.

Actually electric is sorted but we have another problem, totally unrelated to electricity, "S" or ice cream or, indeed, The coming worldwide credit crunch. Our two toilet cisterns (one upstairs, one downstairs) are overflowing down the overflow pipes which are by our back door.  Cloakroom one is just above the steps but bathroom one is very much higher. Hubby has been bending arms of ballcocky thingy & replacing washers on occasions for years. As we are having a new bathroom suite obviously we had hoped to hang in there for another couple of months. However, we can't go out of our back door now without taking a shower so hubby decided yesterday, as he couldn't watch sport or films, to take upstairs loo apart, put a new washer on ( which he has from having to buy two when he only needed one previous time) smother with Vaseline to hopefully sort the bathroom one out. He turned off water (as we always do whenever we go to Spain unless leaving heating on low & twice daily) & flushed wc to get rid of water in cistern but water was still going into cistern &, when he opened basin's taps, he still had water flowing !  So stop cock in garage now obviously doesn't turn off, God knows how long that's been like that as we turn the water off as we're leaving so wouldn't know if it hadn't turned off. A plumber's coming tomorrow night to give another quote for replacing bathroom suite etc & if hubby hasn't been able to do anything & what can he with water flowing, maybe plumber can help staright away. It just goes to show turn your cocks regularly or they'll seize up. (Actually I think the stop cock in airing cupboard, that had to be replaced as a plumber couldn't turn it off many years ago, is stuck too.)

Watch video, seems SO easy, NOT !

Joys of owning ones own home.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 5:18 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hey Morerosdao............................

and here are some wellies...................

But soon you won't need them because you'll be here in SPAIN                      

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 5:21 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
SORRY for interupting thread.   

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 5:24 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Excuse me but was I misbehaving - I only mentioned that Chunky Monkey is Ben & Jerrys - how is that misbehaving??????? Well I know I mentioned Spanky Monkey but I didnt introduce the double entendre vein about Thai Brothels and memory sticks and viruses - that was TJ (actually its occurred to me that he might change the number for "Hooker" a la TV series - only jesting TJ) - you didnt tell him he was misbehaving????

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 5:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

for those Karen, you're obviously drinking as suddenly I'm "Morerosdao" & yesterday I was "Moreroasdo" in Packing .

Someone else calls me Morerosada  

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 5:40 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

This message was last edited by Karensun on 9/3/2007.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 6:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Karen, when you post a few pics in a line we encounter problems. You cause page to be too wide.

So after the first couple of pics press the return key & it'll be fine.

I love all the pics you find or make, clever you. Remember life before buckets ?

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 6:19 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 6:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
For Smiley.........  

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 6:28 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Just wish I could understand what he was singing - lost me after the first few bars - heard jack Horner sitting in the corner mentioned but other than that .......................................... think he should be crocodile bait - in any even t are we worried that marmalade is going to get shorted on the world markets and be involved in the worldwide credit crunch - hmm only if its Old English Cut I guess.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 6:47 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

"It just goes to show turn your cocks regularly or they'll seize up."

Morerosado!!! I have just had to pick my poor husband up off the floor after reading that one! You know he has a bad heart and should not have any nasty shocks!  TJ ... i hold you personally responsible with your talk of brothels and viruses ... you are leading Morerosado astray!  And Rixxy ... your ice-cream talk is getting her all hot under the collar ... I have only one thing to say to you all ....

Like 0      
03 Sep 2007 6:54 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
AuntiEm - The ice-cream is to STOP any heat!!!........................

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Code of Conduct. - 2 posts
Morerosado's 1000th Post - Congratulations! - 10 posts
'Evening' classes - 2 posts
Licence update - 11 posts
Completion - 2 posts
Mortgage valuations - 1 posts
ACCIDENT IN MARBELLA FRIDAY 17TH AUGUST - 3 posts
Be careful of promises from agents! - 10 posts
Legal or not? - 2 posts
New blow-in, the litter and the Car Hire Fuel Charges - 25 posts
Renting a property - 7 posts
child care - 0 posts
Cash Payments - 5 posts
Barry - 0 posts
Does anyone use an escrow service or similar for holiday rentals? - 2 posts
What else do we need for renting? - 11 posts
Shops and a Restaurant ??? - 0 posts
Viva estates watch - 11 posts
Long term Rental Cabopino to Elviria Desperatley needed - 1 posts
Which air-conditioning do you recommend? - 9 posts
Why the star system - 2 posts
BEACH RECOMMENDATION - CDS - 14 posts
POWER OF ATTORNEY - 12 posts
Ambasun - 23 posts
Help! How can i help pensioner with country house deed problem? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 716

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x