Which air-conditioning do you recommend?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi everyone

I'm sure this topic has been discussed (probably to the death) but I can't find anything. Our apartment came air-conditioning ready and we need two units and the box that goes on the wall outside.

Can anyone recommend a good make and possibly supplier in the Formentera/Rojales vicinity?

Thanks

Irene

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 9:44 AM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Here are some contacts that I have had quotes from in the past, look in the local news papers or best of all ask your neighbours and see if they would recommend someone.

Polar Air conditioning; www.polaraircostablanca.com

Skyline; www.skylinesl.com

A.C.E. 0034 628 607 587 or 0034 679 083 412

Hope this helps, Sping.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 10:05 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Muchas gracias. Estupendo!

Irene

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 11:01 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Irene

Air con firms which have been recommended by many in our urb's website.

Aiden Connections
a.jcostello@yahoo.co.uk
Aiden's on 686 682 246

Stephen Birkett
steve.joanne@iaksess.net
695 096 453

Above both live on our urb just outside Guardamar.

Keith Shaw
(Keith helped us lots after we were let down by another company & he put in another unit for us last Oct. He's a lovely man, lives Playa Flamenca I think))
theshaws95@yahoo.co.uk

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 11:46 AM by Diane and Joe Star rating in Sheffield. 152 posts Send private message

Diane and Joe´s avatar

Hi, Irene

I have sent you a pm of collected recommendations.

Generally, the advice seems to be that the inverter units are more expensive to buy, but are cheaper to run in the long-term, so possibly better for those living permanently in Spain.  The non-inverter units are cheaper to buy, but not ascheap to run as the inverters, which may be better for properties used as holiday homes.

Some people have had problems with cheaper a/c units made in China.  Many have preferred to go for the reliability of Japanese made units.

Hope this helps.

Diane

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 12:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Cheaper ones are also, very often, quite noisy. The one Keith Shaw put in our lounge is whisper quiet. Ensure the installer uses newer units designed to take the "new" gas as the "old" gas is being discontinued, not for some time but it is. (Ask installers about the gas his units use !) The ones that take the new gas are more expensive but, in time, you find you're unable to have the older units regassed, & they do require regassing after some usage. We were told you can't mix the two gasses & apparently it's not possible to flush out all the old gas from the pipes. We have spoken to many installers after having a right carry on with the firm who installed ours initially then they went out of business. We were more diligent having been stung once. Installers often only use a 12,000 BTU for a "lounge" & a 9,000 BTU unit for a bedroom. Normally those sizes would be fine except so many Spanish houses are very open plan, as ours is, & although the lounge unit was adequate on the cooling cycle for the size it needed to cool, it was totally useless when used on the heat cycle. That's why we ended up having endless chats with quite a few installers. (Initially, we believed the unit may be faulty but it was proved not to be, just inadequate for the area). Keith said we either needed to replace it with a bigger unit or better to install a second unit on opposite wall & directed more into our lounge.We decided to have a second unit & now are very comfortable. Talk about live & learn though.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 6:02 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Which air-conditioning do you recommend?

Any branch of Zara - absolutely the coolest place to be during August! How do they keep them so cold?!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 May 2008 12:48 PM by purvismi Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I'm trying to contact Daniel Murphy of Skylinesl urgently.  There's no reply from him mobile phone and the office No. given on his website doesn't work.

Its really urgent that I contact Daniel.

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Marjorie

Like 0      
17 May 2008 1:57 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Last I heard Skyline had stopped trading!

E-mail; skyline.sl@hotmail.com  phone No. 600336144

For air-conditioning try Garry Leggett at info@polaraircostablanca.com we used them and are very satisfied with the units and the workmanship. (Gary also took time out to rescue a stranded cat)

Good luck,

Sping

Like 0      
17 May 2008 7:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hello Marjorie

Whereabouts are you ? Costa Blanca for instance ?

Can you fill in your location on your profile , please.

It helps us to help you with local questions.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Why the star system - 2 posts
BEACH RECOMMENDATION - CDS - 14 posts
POWER OF ATTORNEY - 12 posts
Ambasun - 23 posts
Help! How can i help pensioner with country house deed problem? - 0 posts
LOST THE THREAD - 2 posts
Auriga Crown - 53 posts
Ozzie - 0 posts
Exchange Chinese for free home-stay - 1 posts
Pool company warning!!! - 1 posts
Cookware shops - 7 posts
Almeria Airport - 2 posts
Arranging your Mortgage - 8 posts
mike/karalyn - 1 posts
Problems purchasing property in Spain - 2 posts
Bought on El Rocio fase 2 - 7 posts
Susie - need help having electric and gas nightmare. - 8 posts
Vicki Sheppard - 3 posts
2 beds Apartment Calanova grand golf Mijas (Costa del Sol) 190.000 Euros - 1 posts
Do you phone abroad? Don't waste cash; do it for free or for pennies! - 6 posts
El Pinar De-Bedar - 3 posts
Aroca solicitors - 3 posts
Food - 63 posts
Patio Furniture for sale - 9 posts
Long term rentals - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x