New Bank Regulations digital ID

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Feb 2016 9:24 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi

Have you looked at this website before. Maybe helpful in your case.

http://www.tumbit.com/how-to-guides/articles/163-how-and-where-to-complain-about-my-bank-in-spain.html

Good Luck

Nigel

Like 0      
20 Feb 2016 10:02 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

A12  I am furious that this should be allowed to happen and have completely lost confidence in the Spanish banking system.

Must be really annoying when you have failed to abìde by the laws and thus the conditions of the bank, that you now find the bank have acted in accordance with those legal banking laws.

I guess you know you must supply  confirmation of your non residence status to your bank  and that must be confirmed, I believe, every two years.  If ypu do not then the account will be frozen

Like 0      
20 Feb 2016 10:28 AM by A12ene Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

The Banks failure to contact us at the address we permanently reside at has caused the problem. No online messages, no emails, no telephone call- Nothing!

Yet they manage to send us the monthly mortgage statements - no problem!

It must be great to know all the Spanish banking laws.

Thank YOU for telling me they need confirmation every two years. 

Like 0      
20 Feb 2016 11:10 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Whilst sympathetic to your situation, ’ignorance is no defence’

Good luck with persuading your bank that they were wrong

Like 0      
20 Feb 2016 11:34 AM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

A bit unfair John, if I might say. Our bank Cam and then Sabadell did this for us every 2 years, for a fee of course, but at least it was done and we didn't have to worry about it. I am surprised that Santader didn't at least tell their customers. I just assumed that all banks did it for non-resident owners, how wrong I am.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2016 12:03 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

GB45  I am surprised that Santander didn't at least tell their customers.

As this is I believe the only 'complaint' I have seen here (not that we post complaints here) or elsewhere, maybe they did, but for some reason unknown to us the poster did not get the info.

That was why I said, "Good luck with persuading your bank that they were wrong."

Like 0      
20 Feb 2016 12:36 PM by A12ene Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Ignorance may be bliss, but banking incompetence is certainly no excuse. They MUST have a liability somewhere to keep customer finances secure and safe,

and to inform the customer of any transactions going on in the account.  THEY FAILED.  THEY CERTAINLY CHARGE ENOUGH FOR A  "SERVICE" !!!

I feel it is now safer to keep my money under the bed!!!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2016 1:32 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

they MUST have a liability somewhere

Now it seems you are clutching at straws and hoping to apply logic. I do not believe that exists in banking, or in the law in general.

But I wish you luck.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2016 2:47 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I would be very surpised if any bank did not have professional liability insurance as this is a requirement for all businesses under law in most countries (including Spain) and a requirement under EU directives

I am not an insurance expert but professional liability insurance is often packaged with public liability insurance (the companies I am involved with certainly have these packaged) 

Like 0      
20 Feb 2016 2:59 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

This isn't the same as the usual 2 year non-resident certificate. I think this is the banks had to comply with a EU ruling on proof of identity and it happed a couple of years ago. Anyone who had a current up to date passport scanned (electronically) filed into their account details was OK but many had lapsed passports and hadn't informed the bank. ISTR a big panic to get this done by a certain date as they had something like 10 years to do it but, as per usual, waited until the last moment.

I don't know what bank you are with A12ene, but I know people either had letters to go and do it or it came up when they logged into their online banking. I went to our bank (Bankia) and they said we were fine as we had an up to date copy of passports in our file.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2016 6:11 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Did mine just before Christmas, the bank sent letters out and I scanned and sent the scans back via email, they even sent back confirmation they got everything okay, very surprised they were on the ball and did it that quick.

In the least you have to call in and speak with them about your problem, so maybe they don't do it to you again.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2016 9:53 PM by A12ene Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks Baz1946. The bank now knows all about it and is trying to get our money back. They know they( in error) sent their letters to our address in Spain, instead of our permanent home address. so we didnt get them. They admit that no messages were sent to my  online banking and no emails  were sent to us.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2016 11:23 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

For those who feel they have a legitimate complaint - go into your branch and ask for a 'Hojas de reclamacions'  - that should produce a response, one way or the other!

(They REALLY don't like you filling one of these in!)

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New EU rules threaten Spanish property market. - 1 posts
Caja Rural Central - 0 posts
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - 0 posts
Best free translation site - 5 posts
corruption Spain - 2 posts
Wanted Undercounter Slimline (48cm) fridge with coolbox or freezer - 0 posts
New NIE form - 0 posts
Spanish Wills - 7 posts
Problem Posting using an Android Tablet - 6 posts
Hi Everyone, - 3 posts
NEW TO ALICANTE CITY/MODEL AIRCRAFT - 1 posts
cost to clean and empty a septic tank in Murcia - 1 posts
amadeus IT = Bankia ??????? - 0 posts
Help for renting - 17 posts
Does anyone know of a translator near San Javier? - 0 posts
where is the nearest ITV Garage in Bilbao? - 1 posts
Re purchasing a car in Spain - 2 posts
Experiences from people who are renting their properties in GB to fund life in Spain please! - 29 posts
What happens if I do nothing? - 12 posts
Lawyer needed in Los Alcazares - 13 posts
Visitors - 3 posts
Do I have to pay the sales commission if I pull out of the sale? - 33 posts
help with moving - 0 posts
Alhambra del mar - 0 posts
Buying an apartment in Rafal, Alicante - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 33

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x