Help for renting

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Apr 2015 10:50 PM by Adeleandpaul Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Can u help? We have a 5 month old baby and a small/medium dog and are looking to rent on condado, as will be nice for our son to grow up. Our budget is quite small! €225 -€250, We have tried Facebook and Google search and have had no luck. Need a apartment quite urgently and would like it for as long as possible. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance. 

Like 0      
13 Apr 2015 10:20 AM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

Try putting this on the community forum (click on forums at top of page)  as you just might find someone on there looking for a long term let. Your budget is rather small though.

Good Luck!

Like 0      
13 Apr 2015 10:34 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Try renting from a bank. They have many properties on 4 year contracts and the rents are low. Copy and paste this link.

http://www.solvia.es/resultadosOportunidades.asp?filtroTipoObraNueva=S&filtroTipoObraCurso=S&filtroTipoSegundaMano=S&mapa=N&web=R

Like 0      
13 Apr 2015 10:54 AM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

13 Apr 2015 2:59 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Must it be Condado?  You may find Camposol or Mazarron Country Club better.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2015 2:17 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

My golden advise for landlords is always to submitt rental contracts to arbitration, rather than Courts

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
14 Apr 2015 3:26 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

In the UK there is very specific legislation relating to the letting of property.  The standard AST lease which is the most common format refers the two parties to the Housing Act 1996.

Any dispute must be handled exactly as prescribed in the lease.  The following is an extract of an actual lease:

<<

1. (2.6.1) The Landlord must tell the Tenant within 10 working days of the end of the tenancy if they propose to make any deductions from the deposit.  If there is no dispute the Landlord/Agent will keep or repay the Deposit, according to the agreed deductions and the conditions of the tenancy agreement.  Payment of the Deposit or any balance of it will be made within 10 working days of the Landlord and the Tenant agreeing the allocation of the deposit.

(2.6.2) The Tenant should try to inform the Landlord/Agent in writing if the Tenant intends to dispute any of the deductions regarded by the Landlord or the Agent as due from the deposit within 20 working days after the termination or earlier ending of the Tenancy and the Tenant vacating the property.  The Independent Case Examiner (ICE) appointed by mydeposits may regard failure to comply with the time limit as a breach of the rules of the deposit scheme rules and if the ICE is later asked to resolve any dispute may refuse to adjudicate in the matter.

(2.6.3) If after 10 working days following notification of a dispute to the Landlord/Member and reasonable attempts having been made in that time to resolve any differences of opinion there remains an unresolved dispute between the Landlord and the Tenant over the allocation of the Deposit the dispute will be submitted to the ICE for adjudication.  All parties agree to co-operate with the adjudication.

(2.6.4) If the amount in dispute is over £5,000 the Landlord and the Tenant agree to submit to formal arbitration through the engagement of an arbitrator appointed by ICE although with the written consent of both parties the ICE may at his discretion accept the dispute for arbitration.  The appointment of an arbitrator will incur an administration fee to be shared equally between the Landlord and the Tenant.  The liability for any subsequent costs will be dependant upon the award made by the arbitrator.

(2.6.5) The statutory rights of the Landlord and the Tenant to take legal action through the County Court remain unaffected by Clauses (2.1 – 2.6.4) above.
    >>

If you are not dealing with such matters regularly you are best to delegate the task of lease preparation and the deposit holding to the Letting Agent.  Preferably one who is professionally qualified and/or belongs to ARLA or similar.  If you fall foul of any of the legislation, as a landlord, it is likely you will be on a loser.  It's not that complex, but it's easy to make a mistake if you're not experienced and there's always new legislation to digest.

I belong to one of the trade associations PIMS http://www.pims.co.uk/home who can assist on many fronts but it's always best to try and sort disputes out amicably, otherwise these things can take over your life!

I checked the lease and as it happens there is not any Arbitration clause, but for me the best general information site is the Lease Advisory Service http://www.lease-advice.org/.

This message was last edited by acer on 14/04/2015.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2015 4:33 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Condado de alhama is a golfing holiday resort not the type of  place people would pick to live on in a permanent basis if you did manage to get a long term rental you would have the initial rent and then the expensive site fees around ££££ per year the site fee is for the upkeep of the swimming pools and general site maintenance  you should have a look up in one of the many Spanish villages and urbinisation you might get a rental for you're budget personally if I was you I would send the main bread winner over  on their own to find a job and a place to live and if it work's out then bring the rest of the family over good luck .

This message was last edited by windtalker on 15/04/2015.

Like 1      
15 Apr 2015 5:17 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

windtalker

if you did manage to get a long term rental you would have the initial rent and then the expensive site fees around ££££ per year the site fee is for the upkeep of the swimming pools and general site maintenance

The landlord pays community fees in Spain.  All the tenant pays is the rent and utility fees.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 2      
15 Apr 2015 5:36 PM by hotjoe Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

The OP should still be looking at a budget of around 1000 euros per month apx.

Like 1      
15 Apr 2015 5:59 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Sanchez 1 l don't think their would be any landlords out their willing to let long term on a golf resort for 250 per month when the community fees are around £1,000 per year do you so he would have to add the fees to the rent otherwise it just would not be worth renting the property out.

Like 1      
15 Apr 2015 6:18 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

You can find a few for rent at 280 a month on CDA

Like 1      
15 Apr 2015 6:21 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi windtalker,

Yes I agree.  250 euros per month rent is unrealistic.  The only place you'll get rents at that rate are towns inland.

I was just making the point that it's the landlord that pays community fees and IBI.

Cheers

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 1      
15 Apr 2015 6:51 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I think this post is an absolute wind up or the original poster has not got the brains they were born with or they mite be seriously considering going to Spain with a 5 month baby in tow  wee get atleast one of these types a week on hear I hope for the babies sake they are on a wind up.frighting

This message was last edited by windtalker on 15/04/2015.

Like 1      
15 Apr 2015 7:08 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

I thought the post was a bit of a joke, what landlord in the right mind would rent to these people who are on such a tight budget, i can only see problems further down the line.

Like 3      
18 Apr 2015 2:00 AM by MagicWriter2015 Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

I have been looking at various sites re rentals and you can get properties for €250 but they are usually inland and pretty small. Would be ok for a couple, but if you have a baby and all the paraphanalia you have with them, it could be a tight squeeze. I am looking for something for my hubby, me and a large dog and finding I am having to look at properties in the € 350-400 price range to get anything with any space. Good luck and let us know if you do find something that cheap, would be very interested myself.

Like 1      
05 May 2015 10:36 PM by gilbar Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

Hi we could rent u 3 bed may and June 180 per week plus electric bill.

deposit and departure clean

gillbarry10@gmail.com

Like 0      
05 May 2015 10:42 PM by gilbar Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

We can offer 3 bed on Condado may and June 180 per week plus electric bill and departure clean

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Does anyone know of a translator near San Javier? - 0 posts
where is the nearest ITV Garage in Bilbao? - 1 posts
Re purchasing a car in Spain - 2 posts
Experiences from people who are renting their properties in GB to fund life in Spain please! - 29 posts
What happens if I do nothing? - 12 posts
Lawyer needed in Los Alcazares - 13 posts
Visitors - 3 posts
Do I have to pay the sales commission if I pull out of the sale? - 33 posts
help with moving - 0 posts
Alhambra del mar - 0 posts
Buying an apartment in Rafal, Alicante - 4 posts
MAG250 - 24 posts
Medication - 12 posts
Car hire at Alicante and Murcia - 17 posts
retired scottish couple with dog seek long term rental southern spain - 8 posts
accomadation - 0 posts
I have a question - 1 posts
Where to get tyres for a Ford Transit in Barcelona - 4 posts
Healthcare, How Would They Know? - 11 posts
Relocating to Spain - 18 posts
outside walls - 5 posts
Doors and windows - 4 posts
jobs in alicante area for qualified english native teacher with CELTA qualification - 8 posts
Moving to Spain in October - 2 posts
How long for property purchase to go through - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x