POWER OF ATTORNEY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar

HELP!  Once again a huge cock up from KEYSOL, who by the way have now changed their name.  My friend was due to come out to complete next week and was informed three days ago that everything will be closed.  Loads of pressure from the agents KEYSOL to complete in August, enough said, they are CRAP.

She has contacted a solicitor to carry out POA on her behalf.  She was informed that this would cost £900.00.  Is that the right price???  Has any one done this and how much did they pay.

Thanks

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 7:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Hudsey, how r u ?

See the "search forums" ? Type in power of attorney & there are six pages of threads to do with POA, well someone mentioning POA within posts. Hopefully somewhere in there you'll find your answer. £900, a lot of dosh, I think.

I would've searched for you but am cooking.

Keyword Search:

Enter keyword or phrase to search for.  Note that this is an exact search so for multiple words it will look for that exact phrase in the forum.  For example, if you search for "building licences" then it will look for that exact phase and not "building" and "licences" separately.

Actually clicking on this works, it's a direct link >>>>  

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/16/2007.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 7:45 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
£900 just to set up  a power of attorney if that is all that is being done is daylight robbery find another lawyer. If the lawyer is doing other work such as completing on the purchase and handling all the legal work then that is a different matter.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 8:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 8:45 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

RIP OFF ALERT... RIP OFF ALERT!!!!!!!

£900 seems like a HUGE amount to be spending on a power of attorney. We are paying our solicitor €1300 (yes, it is Euros) for our complete purchase which includes POA, opening a bank account, gaining NIE on our behalf, connection of utilities and conveyancing. If we had wanted a POA independently, it would have cost €300.

Mark

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 10:23 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Hudsey this is exh0rbitant! When we were c0mpleting and my friend didn't think she c0uld get ime 0ff w0rk when we were due t0 c0mplete we g0t a p0wer 0f att0urney d0ne f0r her and I am sure it was 0nly 50 eur0s at the n0tary! It was either this 0r the equivalent 0f £50, 0ne 0r the 0ther.  

Julia

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 10:46 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hudsey,                   We completed last year but we was told that everything shuts in Spain in August.   I can understand why the agent you using has changed name seems to be a common  thingBut that is a rip of  for POA we do not pay that much in this country.   Pat

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 11:12 AM by nesbeth Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

We gave our solicitor Power of Attorney to buy our apartment, in fact he still has it.

He did not charge us a thing.

He is still our solicitor 5 years on.

Wendy x

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 1:20 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hudsey,

Where is your friend purchasing?  Not all notaries are closed in August!  I had 2 completions last week and another next week!

If your friend was due to complete next week surely they had a set date? The agent would have known prior to 3 days ago that the notary was shut in August!    This makes the pressure to vcomplete in August void!

Was your friend not using a lawyer in the first instance?  

Your friend must not pay €900 euros for POA - the figures relayed on this thread are more like it!!!

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 2:25 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hola MoreRosado - not sure a parachute would support my weight!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 5:16 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

If it was a big one Smiley, you would be fine, you could grab some freefallers on the way down!

But give power of attorney to someone before the big jump ok?!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 7:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
duplicate- sorry

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 8/17/2007.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 7:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Can I just be the "damp squib" here? I know I have answered already, but something has just struck me.

hudsey: You said your friend was due to come out next week, is that not happening now? I ask because my Wife and I wanted our solicitor to act as POA for our purchase and the notary was closed during our visit. If your friend has to get POA from the UK, the Spanish solicitor will have to provide the POA form to your friend. Your friend will then have to go the the public notary in the UK to have their signature witnessed and sent to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for the apostille (about £130). We were lucky, our signed forms were back within 1 week, but I have seen posts on here saying it has taken 3- 4 weeks to get the apostille back, then it has to be sent to Spain before it can be acted upon. May be cheaper to get a last minute flight?

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ambasun - 23 posts
Help! How can i help pensioner with country house deed problem? - 0 posts
LOST THE THREAD - 2 posts
Auriga Crown - 53 posts
Ozzie - 0 posts
Exchange Chinese for free home-stay - 1 posts
Pool company warning!!! - 1 posts
Cookware shops - 7 posts
Almeria Airport - 2 posts
Arranging your Mortgage - 8 posts
mike/karalyn - 1 posts
Problems purchasing property in Spain - 2 posts
Bought on El Rocio fase 2 - 7 posts
Susie - need help having electric and gas nightmare. - 8 posts
Vicki Sheppard - 3 posts
2 beds Apartment Calanova grand golf Mijas (Costa del Sol) 190.000 Euros - 1 posts
Do you phone abroad? Don't waste cash; do it for free or for pennies! - 6 posts
El Pinar De-Bedar - 3 posts
Aroca solicitors - 3 posts
Food - 63 posts
Patio Furniture for sale - 9 posts
Long term rentals - 0 posts
beautiful cat - 0 posts
Bridge Holmes - 0 posts
hyundai accent - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x