Polaris World - Maintenance etc

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Feb 2015 12:40 PM by Pepperpot Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I've been looking at some apartments for sale on Polaris World resorts.

Does anyone own there that could give me info on how they are maintained, as I'm concerned regarding the general upkeep of communal areas and outside appearance of apartments.

Who is responsible for maintaining the upkeep and is it ongoing and up to date?

How much are the maintenance fees?

I don't want to spend money on a holiday home that is going to look dreadful in a few years time!

Many thanks

Like 0      
08 Feb 2015 4:10 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Which Polaris resort are you looking at ? LaTorre is about 9 years old now and still looks good, work is being done all the time to keep on top of things Apts pay around 100 euros a month.this covers things like the buildings insurance for the apts block, 24 hour sercurity swimmings pools and all other maintenance things ,like the lifts in apts blocks. the list could go on and on.

This message was last edited by newworld on 08/02/2015.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2015 10:36 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Polaris World is bankrupt and the resorts they built are no longer named after them. The title is a dirty word in the region.

Like 1      
09 Feb 2015 1:18 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

100 euros a month for maintenance?

With IBI + maintenance, there's not much difference between those costs and council tax in UK!

Like 0      
09 Feb 2015 2:11 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The complex that you are looking to buy on are always kept neat and very tidy but that comes at a very high cost you should have a look at buying on a urbanization I Have a large 3 bedroom 3 bathroom villa with swimming pool that costs 400eu ibi per year a typical gated complex will cost around 100eu maintained pm + 400per year ibi .

Like 0      
09 Feb 2015 4:18 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

€100 a month typical? Don't tell our community members that. They're all complaining with a 3 bed house going up from 500 to 550 a year at the last AGM. It would appear we are one of the highest community charges in the area as well.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2015 5:47 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

An apartment is likely to have a higher management fee than a house - or at least in Andalucia this is the case.

Just for interest, the management fees in apartments in the UK ranges from £1200 to  anything you like really, depending on what facilities are on offer.   I own a two bed apartment in Leeds which has a concierge and a gym and the management fees are very close to £2000.   I sold a condo in the USa because the various  community fees were over $5000 a year.   Spain never seems that expensive to me.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2015 5:58 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

€100 Euros per month for an apartment on a golf complex in Spain is the very lowest amount you would expect to pay. Ask the owners on La Manga Golf. frown

Like 0      
09 Feb 2015 5:59 PM by Pepperpot Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks for your replies.

How many urbanisations are there?  Which are the most popular pleaes?

Like 0      
09 Feb 2015 6:03 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Or Roda Golf.   I think the people who think it is too much are probably in villas, and they have different fees for different services. 

Like 0      
09 Feb 2015 6:11 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Camposol  Yor not talking like for like when you say (With IBI + maintenance, there's not much difference between those costs and council tax in UK!) For one you dont get 24 hour security in with your poll tax & buildings insurance in with apoll tax bill, i cant think of many house in UK that come with golf course views, and nice maintained gardens. all that would be a extra in the UK, i have a gardener in the £30 every 2 weeks.

Like 2      
09 Feb 2015 6:11 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

There are about 14 golf urbanisations in Murcia. Some of them are in a dire state, some holding on depending how many owners are paying their fees. Be very careful with the facts any seller of property tells you. Do your own research. It is not cheap to own on golf courses and renting is not that simple due to over supply problems in the region, debts and build quality. Most of them are in undesirable remote locations where holiday renters don't want to be.

Most original owners who bought in the boom have lost a fortune.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2015 7:04 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Mickyfinn-Which urbanisations are in a "dire" state and in "undesirable" locations,  then?

has someone been brainwashed by  watching "homes from Hell?"

Like 0      
09 Feb 2015 7:04 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Duplicate - again

This message was last edited by camposol on 09/02/2015.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2015 7:15 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Have you visited Mosa Tredjectum? I'm not going to continue and name other resorts or else those with vested interests will hurl abuse, cry foul play and damme me vitals, ad nauseam..smiley

PS I don't watch the telly.

This message was last edited by Mickyfinn on 09/02/2015.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2015 7:20 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g1064415-d1592170-r154221458-Plaza_Mosa_Trajectum-San_Javier.html       mosa trajectum must be the worst one ive seen, the prices people paid before the boom was mad.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2015 1:03 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

camposol

IBI alone in Spain is the equivalent to Council Tax and is much lower.

Community Fees are the equivalent of Service Charges in UK and considering on many resorts that cost over 100 per month you get an abundance of communal pools, communal gardens, lifts in most blocks plus underground parking in many and very probably resort Security they are much lower than I pay on an equivalent 2 bed flat for service charges plus insurance in the UK.

Pepper

Yes there are both good and bad resorts, as advised, do your research if looking at property even though prices have fallen 50%, plus check if fees are all paid up if looking at resales, especially if bank owned as many are.

PS Corvera Golf Course is now closed as is La Tercia Golf though the resorts are still running as well as Mosa, which really was a disaster, sadly for those who bought.

Popularity, surely is personal preference on location and facilities etc.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2015 9:43 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Not quite, hugh. Your community fees also pay for road maintenance, street lighting, street cleaning and so on, all things that come under council tax in UK.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2015 10:36 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

That obviously varies Marie, as here,  those jobs are undertaken by the Town Hall NOT the Communities or indeed the Entidad whose role is to look after the bits of land deemed to be part of the town, but in fact make up the urbanisation.

Even though we are obliged to have security, paid out of Entidad fees, and gates onsite, the roads are actually public roads not private, so are the responsibility of the Town Hall.

As i said, there are so many variations, it is worth asking and checking all fees and responsibilities before committing.

If in fact some of those services are included in Community Fees, that is not a bad deal.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2015 10:39 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

To my way of thinking €100 pm is a lot for a flat on Polaris World.  Also, I would like to know where my money is going and see proper annual accounts, including debtors reports.  Some accounts I've seen are put together for the specific year and do not have any accruals.

Some Spanish Administrators have an extraordinariy laid back attitude and a place like Polaris World must test even the most robust of organisations.

I'm not an expert but from my limited knowledge I'm confident you will get better value for money elsewhere.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Highway Robbers - 22 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL - 5 posts
LOST THE RECENT DUCK CONFIT RECIPE! - 3 posts
Long Term Car Hire - Malaga - 0 posts
Second-hand goods bought in Spain subject to two-year guarantee - 9 posts
Brussels raises 2015 growth forecast for Spain - 2 posts
Amazon Fire TV - 10 posts
English speaking vet Murcia - 9 posts
TV and Satelite Info around Spain - 0 posts
hi i'm Sue! - 12 posts
Consumer units and general installation questions - 1 posts
Spanish terrestrial TV - 4 posts
Buying a Car - 11 posts
medical certs for driving - 2 posts
Electrician in torrevieja . - 0 posts
When Tax Free Permanent Health Insurance is your only income - 0 posts
deborah - 1 posts
Good gestoria in Fuengirola - 4 posts
Assistance with locating a property to purchase in Andalucia - 1 posts
Reply problem - 1 posts
Reply problem - 9 posts
Inheritance tax in Andalucia - 4 posts
Civil Service pensions - 0 posts
FOR SALE TITLEIST DCI 990 IRONS - 1 posts
The Flintstones - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x