Polaris World - Maintenance etc

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2015 11:36 AM by andyclarke Star rating. 207 posts Send private message

Be careful on these forums especially when you mention polaris world, you will get shot down, alot of the information is completely incorrect, look at the forums for the individual urbanisations, which there are loads, the community fees are agreed by the presidents of the urbanisations, and are voted on by the owners, all the accounts are open and seen by all owners, at our resort debtors are being taken to court as we speak, and debts recovered. As for costs, my apartment I pay just over 200 euros per quarter, for this we get all the grounds maintained and watered, pools maintained across the resort, 22 pools, 24hr security, inc patrols, street lighting etc, buildings insurance, 10mb download speed unlimited internet, full english Tv channels (freeview), and loads of foreign channels from all over europe. and my IBI is 60 euros a year. Be aware alot of people are anti polaris world, like I say find the names of the resorts and look at each one and what the actual owners are posting, do your homework, they are beautiful resorts and very well maintained.

Like 2      
10 Feb 2015 12:36 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

No idea why your IBI is only 60 euros p a.

Standard property Catastral values for 2 bed apartments built around 2005/07 in the area tend to work out around 400 euros per annum.

I agree that budgets are agreed and presented at AGMs and are available to all to question.

They must include by law a reserve fund and set out expected expenditure for the year.

Polaris World Resorts might be something of a misnomer these days as the company itself is in administration and has been left with limited assets, most of the various resorts property and assets including golf courses have been taken back into ownership of a group of banks under the IRM umbrella.

No doubt the various Communities of Owners can run there own affairs reasonably well.

Also remember, in Spain, Community Fees are based on a coefficient taking into account the square meter age of your property unlike most in the UK which is normally divided equally between all apartments.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2015 8:19 PM by andyclarke Star rating. 207 posts Send private message

Just checked my bank and last years IBI was 66 euros per person, then you add on the non residents tax which is about 50 euros per year, so all in all I dont feel we get a bad deal, the only  thing that is high is electricity charges.

One thing with this thread I would rename it as Polaris World as a developer do not exist, they have no input into our resort, which in my opinion has improved our resort 10 fold. more businesses opening etc. Also the golf courses are a private company and have no influence on your charges etc, unless you play  golf.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Highway Robbers - 22 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL - 5 posts
LOST THE RECENT DUCK CONFIT RECIPE! - 3 posts
Long Term Car Hire - Malaga - 0 posts
Second-hand goods bought in Spain subject to two-year guarantee - 9 posts
Brussels raises 2015 growth forecast for Spain - 2 posts
Amazon Fire TV - 10 posts
English speaking vet Murcia - 9 posts
TV and Satelite Info around Spain - 0 posts
hi i'm Sue! - 12 posts
Consumer units and general installation questions - 1 posts
Spanish terrestrial TV - 4 posts
Buying a Car - 11 posts
medical certs for driving - 2 posts
Electrician in torrevieja . - 0 posts
When Tax Free Permanent Health Insurance is your only income - 0 posts
deborah - 1 posts
Good gestoria in Fuengirola - 4 posts
Assistance with locating a property to purchase in Andalucia - 1 posts
Reply problem - 1 posts
Reply problem - 9 posts
Inheritance tax in Andalucia - 4 posts
Civil Service pensions - 0 posts
FOR SALE TITLEIST DCI 990 IRONS - 1 posts
The Flintstones - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x