Inheritance tax in Andalucia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jan 2015 1:34 PM by buttons Star rating in Nerja. 15 posts Send private message

I understand that , for tax residents, there is a 95% allowance against the inherited value of the main home of the deceased up to €122,606 per inheritor, provided that the beneficiary belongs to Group 1 or 2 . Does that mean, if I inherit my late husbands share of our home, I can take 122,606 of value of our home when calculating the value of the esate? What other allowances can a spoise claim in Andalucia? Is it likely that the European Court will make any ruling regarding the requirement for he surviving spouse to keep the main home for 10years?

Body p span

Like 0      
29 Jan 2015 4:37 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

1)  IHT Andalucía is reduced by 99.99% for spouses, descendants and adopted children who used the family home as their permanent dwelling at the time the decedent passed away.

2) IHT Andalucía is reduced to 0€ if

i) The beneficiary is a Group 1 or Group 2 relative of the decedent.
ii) The amount of the inheritance is not greater than 175,000€
iii) The existing wealth of the beneficiary is less than 402,678.11€

The effect of the deduction is to reduce the net payable tax to zero.

3) Disabled people are exempt in 250.000€ when inheriting estates. If the disabled heir is not a close relative of the decedent .Should the disabled beneficiary is in Group 3 or Group 4 then their personal preexisting wealth should be taken into consideration.

4) IHT Andalucía is reduced by 99, 99% when inheriting a private business. It requires the continuing of residency in Andalucía for five years. 

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
29 Jan 2015 7:11 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Maria- why has nothing been done for the unfortunate residents of Murcia,  where there are NO IHT allowances

How is Murcia allowed to do this when their rules are supposed to benefit the residents 

I thought there were going to be announcements that would lessen the massive differences between regions ?

Like 0      
30 Jan 2015 11:19 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Camposol:

I am afraid I cannot give to you an answer but just can say that I am sure IHT will be soon unified in the whole territory under, of course, equal parameters

Kindest,

María

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Mar 2015 1:42 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Maria can you tell me how much the IHT would be approximately, in the following regions,in  this  situation.

A couple of state pensionsers  are tax resident in Spain

The husband dies, leaving all his worldwide assets to his wife in his UK will, and Spanish will.

His assets outside spain are worth £ 150000

Their jointly owned house in Spain, owned outright, has a catastral value of 140000 euros

the wife intends to return to the UK after the inheritance tax has been paid.

How much IHT would the wife pay in Murcia and in Andalucia?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Civil Service pensions - 0 posts
FOR SALE TITLEIST DCI 990 IRONS - 1 posts
The Flintstones - 0 posts
la Nucia or Almoradi - 0 posts
Weather this week - 3 posts
TV Opportunity - 5 posts
work opportunities for native english speaking teacher of spanish and french - 0 posts
Long lets in Lake Vinuela - 0 posts
advice on living in villas del duque - 4 posts
Moving to Spain For A Year Tax and Medical Care Questions - 6 posts
DRIVING BACK TO THE UK IN OUR SPANISH INSURED, PLATED AND ITV'd LEFT HAND DRIVE ALFA ROMEO - 10 posts
Voting rules for Statutes - 0 posts
Spanish Police Advice - 26 posts
MUMMYS HELP Need advice on schools areas - 2 posts
Bank being Puniched by Public Attorney in regard to Law 57/68 - 3 posts
Do you now Sotogrande-Alcaidesa area? - 0 posts
Query about money from house sale - 4 posts
Calicia Public Attornet punishing Banks in off plan disasters - 5 posts
property advice - do I need permission? - 2 posts
property tax - 2 posts
Hot tub covers - 2 posts
Property licence - 2 posts
95.8 cents a litre for diesel....... - 0 posts
Has there been any recent changes in spanish law relating to mental capacity and power of attorney? - 1 posts
Coin Meter - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x