Fancy a laugh? Post your best joke

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Feb 2013 4:29 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Amidst all the political turmoil, crisis issues, referendums, taxes and dodgy constructors I figured it is always healthy to have a little laugh from time to time and the other day I received some jokes in an email from friend and thought I would share them with you! They certainly made me laugh. If you have any better one's please post them! 

Last year, after having dug to a depth of 5 metres, Canadian archaeologists found traces of copper wire dating back 200 years.

They came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago !

Not to be outdone by their neighbours, in the weeks that followed, an American archaeologist dug to a depth of 10 metres. Shortly afterwards, a story was published in the New York Times:

"American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire at a depth of 10 metres, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the Canadians" !

A week later, British authorities reported the following:

"After digging to a depth of 20 metres in Yorkshire, Jack Arkwright, self-taught archaeologist reported that he had found, "absolutely nothingl" ! Jack has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Britain had already gone wireless"

A man and a friend are playing golf one day at their local golf course. One of the guys is about to chip onto the green when he sees a long funeral procession on the road next to the course. He stops in mid-swing, takes off his golf cap, closes his eyes, and bows down in prayer. 

His friend says: “Wow, that is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen. You truly are a kind man.” 

The man then replies: “Yeah, well we were married 35 years.” 

Two guys are sitting on a bar stool. One starts to insult the other one. He screams, “I slept with your mother!” The bar gets quiet as everyone listens to see what the other weasel will do. The first again yells, “I SLEPT WITH YOUR MOTHER!” 

The other says, “Go home dad you’re drunk.”  

This message was last edited by mac75 on 05/02/2013.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2013 5:14 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Knock on the door and the elderly Lady answer's it, standing their was a young Jehovah Witness man, Come in, come in, she tells him.

Go into the lounge, make yourself comfy i will make a cup of tea, would you like a cake?, wont be long, the Lady tells him.

Coming back with the tea and cakes she sits down, gives the young man his tea and cake and says, right now tell me what you have to say.

Buggered if i know what to say,  the young man says......i have never got this far before.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2013 8:27 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
Harry Redknapp has claimed that HE was driving Chris Huhme's car ..... as he's desperate for three points.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
05 Feb 2013 9:22 PM by bradders Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Liverpool FC officials have issued a statement that the club is taking the match-fixing allegations very seriously.

They will launch an investigation into the matter after next Thursdays 3-1 win over Zenit St Petersburg.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2013 9:25 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

A chap was walking down the street when he dropped down dead, his wife went to the undertakers to see him laid out and looking rather dismayed the undertaker asked if anything was wrong? the wife replied that her husband always favored a blue suit and he is laid out in a black suit, so the wife asked the undertaker could he sort him out in a blue suit...I will pay you for your trouble..said she, call back in a couple of days and i will get it done for you...said the undertaker.

Couple of days later back she came and sure enough hubby was all laid out in a nice blue suit, so whats the cost? asked the wife, nothing, no cost at all, said the undertaker, you had a bit of luck,  a couple of days after your hubby died another chap wearing a blue suit dropped dead, and his wife wanted him laid out in a black suit......

So i just swapped the heads over. 

Like 0      
05 Feb 2013 9:53 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

My wife and I took out life insurance on each other -- so now it's just a waiting game.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
05 Feb 2013 11:06 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

A cowboy walks into a bar and takes a seat next to a very attractive woman. 
He gives her a quick glance then causally looks at his watch for a moment. 
The woman notices this and asks, "Is your date running late?" 
"No", he replies,"I just got this state-of the-art watch, and I was just testing it.." 
The intrigued woman says, "A state-of-the-art watch? What"s so special about it?" 
The cowboy explains, "It uses alpha waves to talk to me telepathically." 
The lady says, "What"s it telling you now?" 
Well, it says you"re not wearing any underwear." 
The woman giggles and replies "Well it must be broken because I am wearing underwear!" 
The cowboy smiles, taps his watch and says, "Damn thing"s an hour fast."

Like 0      
13 Feb 2013 8:18 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

I just checked my Tesco beefburgers in the fridge............"and.....thyyyree Off " !

I had some Findus Lasagne the other day and my mate asked.... .. " did they give me the trotts " ?

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 6:51 AM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Valentine's day Today
So people , don't worry about getting me what you got me last year.

I've got enough restraining orders already.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 7:12 AM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

Paddy had long heard the stories of an amazing family tradition. 

It seems that his father, grandfather and great-grandfather had all been able to walk on water on their 18th birthday.

On that special day, they'd each walked across the lake to the pub on the far side for their first legal drink. 

So when Paddy's 18th birthday came 'round, he and his pal Mick, took a boat out to the middle of the lake. Paddy stepped out of the boat and nearly drowned!

Mick just barely managed to pull him to safety. 

Furious and confused, Paddy, went to see his grandmother. 

'Grandma,' he asked, "Tis me 18th birthday, so why can't I walk 'cross the lake like me father, his father, and his father before him?" 

Granny looked deeply into Paddy's troubled blue eyes and said, "Because ye father, ye grandfather and ye great-grandfather were all born in December, when the lake is frozen, and ye were born in August, ya idiot!"

Like 0      
14 Feb 2013 10:19 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Two communists go on holiday together. One says to the other: "Have you read Marx". "Yes" he replies "I think it´s these wicker chairs" ...HAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Like 0      
11 Mar 2018 10:05 AM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Why did the man fall down the hole....

He didn't see that well...

Like 0      
11 Mar 2018 1:10 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Spanish Builder's.

Like 1      
11 Mar 2018 3:49 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Sitting in a bar the Scotsman says, "As good as this bar is, I still prefer the pubs back home. In Glasgow, there's a wee place. The landlord goes out of his way for the locals. When you buy four drinks, he'll buy the fifth drink." "Well," said the Englishman, "At my local in London , the barman will buy you your third drink after you buy the first two."

"Ahhh, dat's nothin'," said the Irishman, "back home in my favorite pub, the moment you set foot in the place, they'll buy you a drink, then another, all the drinks you like, actually. Then, when you've had enough drinks, they'll take you upstairs and see that you gets laid, all on the house!"

The Englishman and Scotsman were suspicious of the claims. The Irishman swore every word was true. Then the Englishman asked, "Did this actually happen to you?" "Not to me, personally, no," admitted the Irishman, "but it did happen to me sister quite a few times."

Love Hugh xx

Like 1      
11 Mar 2018 8:50 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Yorkshire guys talking about pubs.  

One says 'eyup, I know a place in Barnsley where you can get a pint of beer for less than 2 quid'. 

Second says, 'I can do better than that, I know a place in Rotherham where you can get a pint and a pork pie for £3 pound and 50 pence.

Third guy says 'that’s nowt, I know a place in Sheffield where you can get a pint, a pie and a woman for a fiver'

First guy thinks for a second and says.      'ah but hang on a minute.......who’s pies are they?

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
12 Mar 2018 1:20 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

"I haven't spoken to my mother-in-law for 18 months. I don't like to interrupt her."

RIP Ken you were the best 

Love Hugh xx

A wise old man told me one time
That happiness is nothing but a frame of mind
I hope when you go to measuring my success
That you don’t count my money count my happiness

Happiness, happiness, the greatest gift that I posses
I thank the Lord I’ve been blessed
With more than my share of happiness

smiley

This message was last edited by hughjardon on 12/03/2018.

Like 2      
12 Mar 2018 1:34 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Nice one Hugh.

'What a nice day for putting a scotsmans kilt on upside down and saying 'Hows that for a shuttlecock'

From Brian to his Uncle Ken (thats what I was told when I was growing up ha).

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rental agent threatening denuncia & embargo on bank account - 5 posts
Do the courts have a website where the dates of future cases are posted? - 5 posts
Glass Curtains - 0 posts
3 day car hire - I couldn't believe the price - 4 posts
Spanish radio - 10 posts
New Endessa Account? - 1 posts
Smoke stacks - 0 posts
Great disccount on Brittany Ferries - 1 posts
Balcony safety - 14 posts
POOL REPAIRS RECOMMENDATIONS IN MURCIA REGION - 0 posts
If Britain leaves the EU , how will it effect you? - 8 posts
Lost Property Deposit In Spain Community - 2 posts
Mar Menor 2 Apartments murcia - 1 posts
Legal status of a park or static home - 0 posts
Anyone using Spantel? Please check your bills - 19 posts
Is the Spanish Government on the verge of collapse? - 23 posts
Girasol Homes - Condado de Alhama - 3 posts
Where's Gerryuk? - 2 posts
Vetting a Lawyer - 2 posts
Adsense help me set it up ! - 2 posts
Definitive guide to rules governing swimming pools in Communities. - 6 posts
Legal tip 896. New! Bank condemned to pay by Law 57/68 in Herrada del Tollo case - 15 posts
Bank Settling in Eurohouse/San Antonio- Fortuna case - 0 posts
Have you noticed people have woken up? - 55 posts
Legalities of a small boat and a small fishing net - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x