Spanish radio

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Feb 2013 6:24 PM by Elsol Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

I am trying to improve my Spanish and thought that listening to Spanish radio might help. However they do speak very quickly which makes it difficult to follow. Can anyone recommend an “easy” station to listen to?

Like 0      
05 Feb 2013 11:21 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

I couldn't say there are any easy stations, but the programmes in the evenings tend to be more relaxed. If there is only one presenter it will also be easier. I like M80 plenty of great music and fairly straightforward colloquial Spanish. 

Radio is great for helping your Spanish listening, I used to listen to football matches on the radio to improve my listening skills in the early days, the vocab is being contantly repeated by the commentators and you end up really fine-tuning your ear to fast Spanish.

Good luck keep at it!

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 8:48 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Elsol. It only 'seem' very quick. It is 'normal' speech.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 10:14 AM by Elsol Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks Ian. Football commentary sounds like a good idea. Will aim to watch La Liga on Sky but listen online (will be intertesting to follow as I'm sure there will be a time delay but worth a try).

Thanks jonhzx. Good point about "normal" speech only seems like 100mph.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 11:46 AM by Mungry Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

the only way you can get slow spanish speech is to speek to children or watch childrens tv

i coldnt stay away from you miserable whining whingers for some reason

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 11:53 AM by Elsol Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks Mungry interesting point.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 12:14 PM by xocolate Star rating in San Carlos. 1 posts Send private message

You'll find a lot of really good stations online, and a nice gadget to use for listening is a free radio that goes by the name of " Radio Sure" (google it, I suppose I'm not allowed to post any links yet.. being a newbie and all)   I've been using it for years & love it.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 12:30 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

I wouldn't say children speak any slower, they just have a more limited vocabulary. Probably the only children's programmes that would be slow enough or simple enough would be those directed at three to five years old like Caillou or Pocoyo which my daughter used to watch, anything for older children will be just as fast.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 1:14 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

the only way you can get slow spanish speech is to speek to children or watch childrens tv

When I started learning / improving my Spanish I used to take books from the children's section of the local library. 

It was a surprise though that the books in the children’s section really ended with those intended for children probably aged around 10. 

I decided that it was because, unlike English where must  learn to pronounce almost every word, Spanish follows strict rules of pronunciation,  thus once a child can read,  they can read, albeit maybe not fully understand, any book.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 2:01 PM by Elsol Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks xocolate.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2013 7:52 PM by Elsol Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Can anyone give me an internet radio station where I can listen ot the Madrid v Deportivo game and then the Barcelona v Seville game

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Endessa Account? - 1 posts
Smoke stacks - 0 posts
Great disccount on Brittany Ferries - 1 posts
Balcony safety - 14 posts
POOL REPAIRS RECOMMENDATIONS IN MURCIA REGION - 0 posts
If Britain leaves the EU , how will it effect you? - 8 posts
Lost Property Deposit In Spain Community - 2 posts
Mar Menor 2 Apartments murcia - 1 posts
Legal status of a park or static home - 0 posts
Anyone using Spantel? Please check your bills - 19 posts
Is the Spanish Government on the verge of collapse? - 23 posts
Girasol Homes - Condado de Alhama - 3 posts
Where's Gerryuk? - 2 posts
Vetting a Lawyer - 2 posts
Adsense help me set it up ! - 2 posts
Definitive guide to rules governing swimming pools in Communities. - 6 posts
Legal tip 896. New! Bank condemned to pay by Law 57/68 in Herrada del Tollo case - 15 posts
Bank Settling in Eurohouse/San Antonio- Fortuna case - 0 posts
Have you noticed people have woken up? - 55 posts
Legalities of a small boat and a small fishing net - 7 posts
Legalities for handing back properties in Spain 2013 - 10 posts
Looking for villa to rent - 0 posts
Excellent one owner car for sale. - 0 posts
Minimum Value Letter Received Today - Any Advice? - 25 posts
how to post our website info here ? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x