car hire full/full fuel policy

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by quesada11 Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

Hi does anyone know car hire company which will do a full/ full fuel for a 4 day car hire? i know most are only for 3 days

from alicante airport

Like 0      
04 Dec 2011 7:17 PM by harley Star rating in West Midlands/ Costa.... 67 posts Send private message

harley´s avatar

Hi Econorent book with hirecarsinspain

family run business from the south of england.

harley

Harley

Like 0      
04 Dec 2011 9:14 PM by arranlee Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Try Al Andalus Car Hire.

They are located in Vera, Almeria, but operate out of Almeria, Alicante and Murcia airports.

Think you can contact them via Noreen (nmf62?) She posts on here regularly so it shouldn't be too hard to uncover her!

Regards,

Lorraine Braid.

Please note that I have no connection with this hire car company.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2011 9:18 PM by goodwin Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Hi,

Cannot comment on other rental company's as we only use PJ's Rentacar, they do full / full.

gooders

Like 0      
05 Dec 2011 5:49 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

05 Dec 2011 8:13 PM by gwenagain Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Bravocarhire are an agent for Automotivecars who are currently operating a full full policy out of Alicante for up to 7 days out of Alicante with reasonable car hire charges.  They collect you at the airport and bring you to their local depot a few minute drive away.

Like 0      
05 Dec 2011 9:32 PM by camille Star rating in West Yorkshire & Her.... 121 posts Send private message

camille´s avatar

PJ's rentacar, they are brilliant. Usually get the car with 1/4 tank of fuel & leave it with the same amount as you got it. I can't fault them at all.

Like 0      
06 Dec 2011 12:37 AM by BigAl Star rating. 86 posts Send private message

BigAl´s avatar

Solmar car hire who we used in October provide the car with a level of fuel and you return it with the same.e.g. ours was 1/4 full and they asked for it back with the same.

rgds

Al

Like 0      
09 Dec 2011 10:32 PM by anders999 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello,

Having been ripped off by GOLDCAR, (£60 per week original quote, had to pay £216 on arrival) will not use again and recommend everyone avoids.

Decided to do some research on the net!! Here is what I have descovered so far, hope it helps.

I have descovered all sites mentioned in previous answers and all are good but are quite expensive compared to sites that offer full/empty fuel polices. ( Around £90 to £120 per week for an economy car) not bad but I think I can do better.

Here goes,

Doyouspain are ok around £60 pw for same, but might go up if you want to hire for more than six days. A good sight, but you have to book the car you want , they will give you the cheapest quote (which will be full/empty), then you have to email them saying you dont want full/empty you want full/full and they will change your booking but the price will go up.

The best site I have found so far is elitecarhire (sorry don't know how to add a link). They use some of the normal big hire companies, but also a small one called EMZ. All their cars come with a full/full policy ( like most you pay for the fuel up front via credit dard swipe, fully refunded if you return the car full of fuel).

Their economy car is 30 euro's pw, I know this as I have just booked it and collect it on the 17th Dec.

This IS the first time I have used this company, so I will let you all know how I get on.

Also, another saving you can make is to take out the excess insurance policy online before you go. (Most companies charge around £5 to £15 per day, GOLDCAR were £45 for one week!!). I have just taken out a yearly policy that covers all of Europe for £40 with iCarhireinsurance. They do offer £3 per day if you don't want the yearly policy.

OK! That's it for now. Hope it help's you all. Cheers!!

Anders.

Like 0      
10 Dec 2011 11:47 AM by ringo1 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Just got a quote from elite good price but full empty on fuel over 3 days.

Like 0      
10 Dec 2011 11:51 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

EMZ within Elite do a full / full on rentals.

Has anyone actually used them yet?

Like 0      
28 Dec 2011 4:07 PM by elena.vaz Star rating in In Loughton, but Id .... 28 posts Send private message

elena.vaz´s avatar

Hi ya, Ive had the same problem too as I use my holiday home for long weekends several times a year! 

Last Oct i booked with Sol y Mar who have a full/full fuel policy but the service was awful, and they werent that cheap anyway.

They kept us waiting at the airport for an hour, then we had to drive to the car park, the car was a crappy old Panda, and the staff had a bit of an attituide problem.

When we returned the car, with the same level of fuel, the woman refused to take us to the airport unless we gave her 3 euros as the needle was 1mm away from the full marker - which was as we found it.  The car wasnt economical either, we spent a fortune on fuel in the 4 days we were there.

My friend has a Customer Loyaly Card with Centauro Car Hire Alicante.  They have a full/full policy and she always gets lovely new cars.  They may be 20 or 30 euros more than Do You Spain, but definately worth it as the car hire co's are really overcharging for fuel as you probably know.  Im not sure if you can still get this card.  My friend also builds up points and once a year has her car hire for free. 

Keep us informed of how you all get on!

Thanks

Elena.

Like 0      
03 Jan 2012 11:24 PM by elena.vaz Star rating in In Loughton, but Id .... 28 posts Send private message

elena.vaz´s avatar
Coming back to this subject... I've found that with Centauro once you have hired a car with them 3 times, on the 4th time you become a member of their Gold Club and can then benefit from full/full car hire.

I've booked a weekend with them in Feb Fri am till Sun pm which cost 22 euros.

I would steer clear of Goldcar. I've had 2 issues with them taking unauthorised money from my account and debiting my Santander Zero Fee card in English with commission for the exchange which made my booking more expensive.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2012 10:12 AM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

We have used  Al Andalus Car Hire who are based in Vera for the past couple of years. They operate out of Alicante, Murcia and Almeria airports. This company offer their car hire on a full/full basis and the price you are quoted is the price you pay. As all  the form filling is done prior to departure there is no queing at the airport, their rep is there to meet you  with the car and off you go.

Great service, great cars. We have never had a problem with this company.

Tricia

Like 0      
06 Jan 2012 1:49 PM by daveline Star rating in Lancashire & Orihuel.... 44 posts Send private message

I have used Centauro for the last 2 years, once you become a Gold Card customer you get:

Fuel full/full

Free 2nd driver

Gold Points to redeem off future rentals (10%)

No ques at  dedicated Gold Card desk

Frequent upgrades or newest cars (the last one we had had 5k on the clock)

Excellent customer service

Cheers

Dave

Like 0      
06 Jan 2012 2:51 PM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

Just booked  a car via hirecarsinspain.com and have booked a car half full/half full with Malaga Care Hire for next week - 7 days total cost 38 Euros

Included
UNLIMITED MILEAGE - AIRPORT FEES - 2 DRIVERS - VAT - COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE CDW (WITH NO EXCESS) (ACCIDENT/POLICE REPORT FORMS MUST BE FILLED IN IF THERE IS ANY DAMAGE TO THE CAR OR CHARGES WILL BE APPLIED) - FUEL: CAR WILL BE HALF FULL AND YOU CAN EITHER RETURN THE CAR EMPTY OR RETURN HALF FULL AND RECEIVE A REFUND.

Like 0      
06 Jan 2012 6:07 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

Just booked 4 door car pick up at Alicante with Goldcar for one month full tank, return same for £103.  I call that a bargain.  Will let you know what it's like after March 3rd.  They were recommended by friends in Spain so should be ok.

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 1:04 PM by pintor Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

We used to use Centauro every time on visiting Spain, good cars and fair prices, then we noticed that they were relocating outside of Malaga airport (a few years back) , perhaps due to building work?. We had to wait at least half an hour on arrival to be picked up, it was a mini bus when it came and there must have been two dozen people waiting who all seemed to rush and try to grab a seat in a bus holding about 8 passengers with luggage. We had no chance. we eventually got picked up after an hour and taken to the car compound. The guy on the desk said that the car we had booked wasn,t available, and so we could take one of the others, he showed us a VW Caddy and a Fiat punto, we,d booked a Focus originally. Isaid we weren,t happy but the guy said its all we have, we took the Caddy!. We then spent our fortnight at los naranjes right next to where they were building the new Marcadona supermarket(drilling all day till 7 at night), not mentioned by the owner on booking. on returning home I found that they (centauro) had charged me twice for the car rental!. I tried through the credit card firm TSB mastercard but after two months they said they couldn,t get the bank details of centauro, so they were closing the case. I would never use Centauro if they were the only car company left, ala Ryanair, when you,ve been loyal to them its not given back. since then I,ve always used Easycar and never had a problem, touch wood.

Like 0      
07 Jan 2012 2:42 PM by brownhog Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

I had a bad experience with Goldcar (having booked through an agent) on arrival at Murcia airport. After proffering my Santander Zero Card which charges no commission on paying in euros, I asked for the bill to be charged in euros. On hearing my request the obnoxious clerk said he would have to charge me in GBP as the computer wouldn't be able to do that. As the price was in euros and I could have pre-paid I didn't see the problem. I had the choice of stumping up or as he said 'do you want the car or not.'  This was after a hard sell to take extra insurance which I explained I didn't need as I have yearly insurance covering the rental of hire cars in Europe. This he told me wouldn't cover me, which I know is untrue. To be bullied in this way is unforgivable.

I mentioned this to Goldcar in Torrevieja when returning the car, and they told me there was no reason I couldn't pay in euros. Perhaps renting direct from Goldcar is a different experience.

Having returned to Torrecars in Torrevieja, the level of service is second to none, even to the extent of driving me round Alicante airport on arrival to show me where to leave the car in the carpark. No waiting in queues, just a friendly face to meet you. Yes, you might pay a bit more, but fill up the tank to full and you pay only for what you use.

Like 0      
10 Jan 2012 1:40 PM by peterx Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi All,

hired a car in mid December from Doyouspain - obtained a car via Crown Auriga. After taking out extra insurance the car was handed over on full/full petrol basis. No queues and the petrol was credit as promised costing £71 and picked up at Alicante and dropped off at Murcia.Seems that prices are getting back to what they used to be, maybe the old system of supply and demand is functioning again. The cost was for 8 days. I will try the same route again in March with the same companies but will also compare other firms before booking. I did try Al Andulcia last time because of the good press and despite their prices being higher their communication skills are second to none and I will definitely compare their prices every time I intend to visit my little recluse

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Shop opening Times - 4 posts
I want to sell new 2012 Kymco People GT 300i First Ride - 1 posts
Europa Network - 2 posts
TAX INFO Please - 3 posts
Recovery of deposit money from El Balcon De Alcausin . - 8 posts
Where would be best for me and my son?? - 5 posts
LORAINE45 - 1 posts
Deep sea fishing out of Duquesa - 1 posts
Entitlement to Healthcare - 20 posts
wifi spain - 2 posts
Private medical insurance cancellation - 9 posts
Spare a thought for Michael O'Leary, Chief Executive of 'Ryanair' - 71 posts
Cajasol BIC - 5 posts
BARGAIN!!!!!! TOYOTA RAV4 2005.... NEED TO SELL!!!! - 2 posts
Greater flexibility in the processing of foreigners in Spain - 0 posts
Roda Golf - Furniture for Sale - 2 posts
I'm worried for Spain - 84 posts
Don Lochnagar - 3 posts
AND YET ANOTHER MAGNIFICENT VICTORY FOR COSTALUZ !!!! - 3 posts
Apple i Phone4 32GB model a1332-San Roque 300euros ono - 0 posts
My Partner has a foreclosure notice on a property in Spain. She lives in the UK - 25 posts
Wanted unfurnished long term rental - 0 posts
Iceland near San Javier - 4 posts
Heating allowance for OAPs in Spain - 22 posts
Social Security Card? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x