car hire full/full fuel policy

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jan 2012 5:38 PM by arnolp04 Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 15 posts Send private message

Dear all,

I know the chap who runs Al Andalus Car Hire and have used the company on a number of occasions. I have never found them to be expensive. Their price may not beat some of the other headline prices, but overall they are much cheaper because there are none of the usual add-ons to pay.

When I look to hire a car I think of it like booking a flight with some well known budget airlines.  The headline price may look seductive but once you’ve factored in all the extras it costs a whole lot more than you thought you would pay.  I guess it just pays to do the research.  With Al Andalus Car Hire I like the fact that the price I am quoted is what I actually end up paying.

Regards,

Paul

Like 0      
11 Jan 2012 9:01 PM by brownhog Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

I would agree totally with you Paul. I've just had an email from Do You Spain with the offer to rent a Ka for £24pw. Sounds like a bargain? Be assured it's not. Add on the petrol which can be around 60+ euros for a small group A car, the add on insurance if you deem to take it, and you are well over what you considered a steal.

When I used them last year, they took 300euros from my card as I didn't take the top up insurance. This was after showing him my 'cars of hire' insurance policy. El escandalo! My car in December cost 100euros for the week, but no queue in arrivals, no full/full policy and en route in less than 10 minutes. Also no charge for dropping off at another location.

As they say - better the devil you know. Nuff said.

Val

Like 0      
14 Jan 2012 11:05 AM by B4 SWD Star rating in Northamptonshire. 86 posts Send private message

After looking at how much it cost to hire a car each time we were in Spain , and taking into account cost of driving down from uk for one holiday, we worked out if we bought a cheap car (15 year old golf way better than the panda we always ended up with, not a single rattle and drives brilliantly!) it was much cheaper to buy a car in the long run. Apartment has covered parking so leave it at the apartment and get a taxi to apartment. Even with taxi, insurance, itv after 2 years we will break even and after that running costs less than hiring each time. I know we take the risk that the car could pack up, but we. Thought it was worth the risk. I know this is not ideal for everyone, but others have said they have done this and are glad that they have.

Like 0      
14 Jan 2012 11:09 AM by B4 SWD Star rating in Northamptonshire. 86 posts Send private message

Forgot to say also means if anyone wants to borrow the apartment they can drive the car, as insurance is for car and not the owner. We also leave a satnav in the car for good places we have visited e.g. Markets, beaches, restaurants etc. for guests.

Like 0      
14 Jan 2012 12:11 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

I have been reading your replies re car hire companies withdrawing monies later for extra insurance etc.  I have decided the day before I leave UK for Spain to ring my bank and say I have lost my card, this means they will close that account and send me a new card, which will await me upon my return.  I have a foreign euro account so will not need my sterling account in Spain, and if I did I can always transfer monies online from sterling to euro account.  I am not taking any risks and allowing the car hire company to operate in this manner, which not only seems illegal but also immoral.

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
18 Jan 2012 1:33 PM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

Just back from Spain where i rented a car for a week - hirecarsinspain.com  This worked out really well. I paid 38 Euro for the car.  I was then charged 30 euro's for a half tank of fuel.  I was meet at the airport and brought to the offices in a courtesy bus. Twenty mins later i'm on my way with a free upgrade.  When i return the car a week later i am assured my credit card will be refunded with the fuel costs - 5 mins later i am brought back to the airport in the car i had rented.  A smooth - no hard sell on insurance - no additional costs but  cheap experience.  I will go through this company again.

This message was last edited by semo on 19/01/2012.

Like 0      
18 Jan 2012 2:48 PM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

Try Al Andalus Car Hire, they are based in Vera but operate out of Alicante, Murcia and Almeria airports. We have used them over the last number of years and they always offer full/full no matter how long the car hire is for. Worth a try.

Like 0      
18 Jan 2012 7:34 PM by Foxilady Star rating in surrey. 277 posts Send private message

Foxilady´s avatar

You've already told us.

If I shine too brightly, then put your sunglasses on oy vey

Like 0      
18 Jan 2012 8:11 PM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

There was another post today requesting information for car hire companies that do full/full on a four day car hire from Alicante, that is why I re posted the details.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2012 2:10 PM by cbrammeld Star rating. 172 posts Send private message

Just back from Alicante airport and used Econorent for small car hire and fuel is full/full. Cost was 42 euros for week and fuel cost at petrol station was about 18 euros. Cost from alternative firms where 35 euros car hire but up to 60 euros for fuel - what a rip off.

I was picked up by mini bus at the airport and driven few minutes to their base and within 5 minutes was on my way, no hard sell of extra insurance. This was the only hire company who actually walked around car with me and marked down any damaged. Condition of car was similar to cars from bigger firms - small dents on body panels and no arial, clean inside.

Unless you plan to drive a lot, the full/full fuel policy of econorent is great value.

Colin

Like 0      
17 Mar 2013 9:49 AM by kawah2750 Star rating in North East England. 3 posts Send private message

I have just hired a Micra through Doyouspain at Alicante and was charged €80 for a tank of fuel. Again we complained and were asked "well do you want it".  A Micra tank holds 46 litres of fuel €1.41/litre = €65 max.

I might have known batter as the company was called "Dickmanns" . We also had to drag the staff back out to record all of the damage to the car as it was really battered.

DEFINATELY AVOID

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Shop opening Times - 4 posts
I want to sell new 2012 Kymco People GT 300i First Ride - 1 posts
Europa Network - 2 posts
TAX INFO Please - 3 posts
Recovery of deposit money from El Balcon De Alcausin . - 8 posts
Where would be best for me and my son?? - 5 posts
LORAINE45 - 1 posts
Deep sea fishing out of Duquesa - 1 posts
Entitlement to Healthcare - 20 posts
wifi spain - 2 posts
Private medical insurance cancellation - 9 posts
Spare a thought for Michael O'Leary, Chief Executive of 'Ryanair' - 71 posts
Cajasol BIC - 5 posts
BARGAIN!!!!!! TOYOTA RAV4 2005.... NEED TO SELL!!!! - 2 posts
Greater flexibility in the processing of foreigners in Spain - 0 posts
Roda Golf - Furniture for Sale - 2 posts
I'm worried for Spain - 84 posts
Don Lochnagar - 3 posts
AND YET ANOTHER MAGNIFICENT VICTORY FOR COSTALUZ !!!! - 3 posts
Apple i Phone4 32GB model a1332-San Roque 300euros ono - 0 posts
My Partner has a foreclosure notice on a property in Spain. She lives in the UK - 25 posts
Wanted unfurnished long term rental - 0 posts
Iceland near San Javier - 4 posts
Heating allowance for OAPs in Spain - 22 posts
Social Security Card? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x