Community charges..... non-payers....direct action?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Feb 2009 10:02 AM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Sandra:  Your comment..'probably a novice at using the internet'..

Afraid not, and sorry to disappoint. 

I was making a (valued) point about the state of the housing market, re: selling homes for the community non-payers.  

Surely the font/type size doesn't affect you reading replies?  Appears so.

But, as Roberto says, this thread is like a cosy community meaning.  Forums are to air your views - and not everbody agrees.  It's what you call 'free speech'. 

And as Pat & Roy state..'the debtors might pay up, but will that be the case?..'

Exactly.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2009 12:41 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Justin...................

I am throwing my toys out the pram now....I missed Acky's comment about me!!!

Wait longer before you delete nasty posts pleeeeeeze!!!!!! He he he!!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
11 Feb 2009 1:42 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

there u go again Fibby...with the reamark 'nasty posts' 

How can you say such, not having read the thread?

Glad u r not on any jury - they'd be hung b4 you heard the evidence!

Like 0      
11 Feb 2009 2:31 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Justin only deletes inappropriate posts Acky, therefore I rephrase my last post from nasty to inappropriate.

You really need to "get into" EOS members though Acky, we have all got odd senses of humour and harmless quirks.

I am sure if you re-read my post and knew anything about me and the way I post, you will see it's done humerously and in good faith.

Some of your posts are extremely imformative and give great advice, don't spoil your new membership by being argumentative!

We need posters like you who have knowledge and an opinion of living in Spain.

Nuff said, tarra.....................

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
11 Feb 2009 2:44 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

ANYWAY...................back to thread ?.......................

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 9:39 AM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Fibby.  There u go (yet) again!! Like a little schoolboy running to the teacher (Justin)

Grow Up!

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 10:04 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Eh?

I really am lost now Acky, just what is your problem?

I said nothing derogatory in my post below, in fact I praised your posts.

Enlighten me, cos' I am confused.....................

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 11:05 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Fibby,

Do you remember those 'troll' thingamies that tried to infiltrate the board over a year ago?

A member who had come across them on another board described them as being like insulting and argumentative trouble-making gnomes and that they come across as air-brained, loud-mouthed bigots. He said they do this   to affect a response from bona-fide members and cause mayhem . They also succeed  in racking up a high number of posts in the process. If you 'Google' the word 'troll' you can find a description on 'Wikipedia' that describes it more aptly.

If you remember you remarked at the time that we had none on EOS. I'm not so sure now.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 11:12 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Yes!

I do remember that Sandra...............

Mmmm, this Troll could be a banned member in disguise me thinks!

That accounts for the posts directed at me personally.

I have my suspicions who it is........let's hope there's no more of it.

I will take it all with a pinch of salt, nothing more can hurt me at this moment...............

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 1:51 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Fibby. I quote you:..'Justin only deletes inappropriate posts Acky, therefore I rephrase my last post from nasty to inappropriate.'

Fibby quote: 'Justin...I'm throwing my toys out of the pram' (you remind me of Kevin Keegan!)

But the 'damage' had already been done, prior to you back-tracking.

Fibby I do note. Quote: 'Some of your posts are extremely imformative and give great advice, don't spoil your new membership by being argumentative! We need posters like you who have knowledge and an opinion of living in Spain'.

Thanks for the praise - then you put the boot in;, quote: 'argumentative'. 

It's a forum, we all have our opinions (that differ) otherwise it wouldn't be worth holding forums such as they do on EOS. 

As for the 'troll' remark by Sandra (and backed up by you) (there you are again putting the boot in) Infiltrating the board?  Gnomes? (not me, I'm 6ft 3in). Air brained, loud mouth bigots?  Bona-fide members? (so, I'm not, and you are?)

I'm sure Justin - and the EOS advertisers/links - are pleased that my comments have succeeded in 'racking up a high number of posts'.

Fibby I think the remarks from you and Sandra deserve a rap on the knuckles from Justin.  Justice, where justice is due, Justin? 

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 2:07 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

We never got an answer to Pat & Roy's question of how long court proceedings could take from start to end for non payers of the Community charge.

Does anyone know?

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 2:15 PM by plexx Star rating in Hertfordshire & Elvi.... 131 posts Send private message

plexx´s avatar

from
http://www.justlanded.com/english/Spain/Articles/Property/Community-properties-in-Spain

...but I'm not sure I believe it. I hope it is true because our community have started proceedings against debtors.

Non-payment of Fees

In the past, many communities had severe debt problems because of the non-payment of fees, which in turn led to the management failing to maintain facilities such as lifts, lighting and security systems when they broke down. However, this problem has been largely eradicated with the introduction of a community law in 1999, under which it’s much easier to embargo the property of owners who don’t pay their community fees and, if necessary, force a sale.

The proceedings (called procedimiento monitorio in article 21 of the law) now take around three months only, commencing with a demand ( demanda) in court signed by the president and administrator of a community. After a case has been admitted, the judge asks the debtor to deposit the amount owed within 20 days and an announcement is placed in the province’s ‘official bulletin’ ( Boletín Oficial de la Provincia/BOP). If he doesn’t pay, an embargo is placed on the property and if the debt is still unpaid or additional debts are accrued, the property can be forcibly sold at a public auction at the request of the community representatives.

If you own a second home in Spain that you visit once or twice a year, it’s important to ensure (double check!) that all bills are paid in your absence, otherwise you could find that when you return to Spain your home has been sold to pay bills!

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 2:25 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Plexx: Let's hope that those who haven't paid do return to Spain looking forward to a holiday - only to find that there house has been sold by the Courts - due to non payment of Community fees.

Fibby: I haven't gone into my private message board, re: your reply.  Let's all view what you have to say.  Or did you post a private message to save your blushes?

I am not here on the EOS Forum, in what I see as valuable time, to continue what appears to be a spat with you.  And it's you who says I'm argumentative?

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 2:26 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Plexx,

3 Months?

Since 1999?

That ruling sounds interesting, I wonder if our Presidente/Administrator has heard of this?

Our community are still persuing unpaid comminity charges from people who have not paid since our homes were occupied/built in 2002/3!!

The action has been ongoing for a couple of years I am sure.

I would be interested to hear if there are other cases taking so long or if anyone has used the 3 month rule and has a conclusion.

Regards,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 2:31 PM by plexx Star rating in Hertfordshire & Elvi.... 131 posts Send private message

plexx´s avatar

Like I said - I'm not sure I believe it. I wonder if Mr Flores or Maria de Castro will catch this thread (if they get past the bitching that nearly put me off)  and express an opinion based on their very wide and professional experience?

I do think I recall seeing a thread on EoS way back where someone said they obtained an embargo in 8 months.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 2:40 PM by plexx Star rating in Hertfordshire & Elvi.... 131 posts Send private message

plexx´s avatar

Whoops - I wish I hadn't used the term 'bitching'. Defind as...
Generally, this term is used to indicate that the person is acting outside the confines of their gender roles, such as when women are assertive or aggressive, or when men are passive or servile.

And I thought it just meant 'arguing'! Aplogies to all.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 2:50 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Plexx,

Apologies accepted, but that definition didn't apply in this case!

Anyway, yes, come on you Lawyers, what is your knowledge of this rule or any case histories?

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 3:47 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hi All..............

I think that ruling is correct..................HOWEVER..................the problems arise when the debt goes into court. Because there are 6 courts at Orihuela and they are backed up with cases, it takes around two years for a case to be heard. The courts are sooooooooo overworked that it is taking an age to impliment the rule.

I don't know if this applies to all courts but it certainly does to Orihuela. Apparently the orihuela courts cover such a wide area that time almost stands still. Also we are back to the amount of people living here unregistered, because of this the goverment will not provide funds ( because officially they are unaware of the amount of people living in the area ) and all the infrastructure is in meltdown.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 4:07 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Orihuela in meltdown? 

That doesn't sound too good Karensun. 

I read the stories in the free press in Espana - and Orihuela seems to be getting a rough ride right now - with a pittance of the 2009 budget being given to the area. 

Orihuela does seem to have its fair share (if not more) of problems on the Costa Blanca South.

Whether this is officially due to people living there (unregistered or not) leaves a lot to be desired.  And maybe an easy option to cut budgets.  Rightly, there has been an outcry. 

Like 0      
12 Feb 2009 4:16 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Now I understand KarenSun........

So, it's up to us owners to sign on the Padron is that right?

The more that sign on, the more funding we will get?

Let's have something on our notice boards, telling people why they should do it and more importatnly, HOW to do it.

I for one, will do it, but I don't know how!!!!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is this a first? - 8 posts
Murcia inspection trip - 8 posts
Builders need advice. - 2 posts
Issuing a Denounce - Advice Please - 7 posts
Trevor McDonald's disgraceful TV programme - 84 posts
EasyJet info - 69 posts
Aifos developers - 16 posts
Marina Dor - Serving a DENOUCE - Help please - 1 posts
Buying off plan - 13 posts
eyeonground? - 2 posts
Are they deaf - 1 posts
Occupied Homes to be Demolished - 6 posts
Direct pension payment - 7 posts
Merry Xmas - 4 posts
Sylvia (The Forge) - 0 posts
Gill - 2 posts
Finally a Urban Plan is submited for aproval by Marbella Town Hall - 2 posts
New Legislationfrom the EU - 26 posts
Townhouse in Mijas near the racecourse - 2 posts
LAWYER COMPLAINTS - 6 posts
Advertise your Tamaragua Villa for free - 4 posts
Buying Furniture in Spain - 16 posts
Euro Select Estates - 0 posts
photos - 2 posts
renaults for sale - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 191

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x