Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just had this from EasyJet

The lowest available fares - we promise!

At easyJet.com we're constantly reviewing our prices to ensure they're as low as possible.

Plus, from now until midnight on Friday we promise our fares will be the lowest available on any route thanks to our Lowest Price Guarantee! If we're wrong, we'll refund you double the difference!

That's right, simply book any flight departing June or July 2007 with easyJet and we promise to refund double the difference in the unlikely event you find the same flight for a lower price with another airline.*

Book by Friday for the best choice of seats - our lowest summer fares are disappearing fast!

Like 0      
04 Jun 2007 9:58 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
I got the same e-mail, and you can be pretty certain that after this offer, another will come along in August. Seems to me they're pretty desperate to sell seats, so I wonder when Trevor McDonald and his team of liers will come along to make a program about the crash (sorry) in the budget airline market?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
29 Jun 2007 4:34 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
Easyjet released their next lot of flights yesterday. We have booked for 2 people for Christmas and February half term - £175 & £115 respectively. This is in school hols and includes speedy boarding too. Looked at a week in Jan and this was only £35 per person!! Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
29 Jun 2007 5:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
EasyJet flights out of Bristol were on sale to Alicante & Murcia on 21st June for 27th October to end March. We always used to have their email but it didn't come. Thankfully we saw they had released them lunchtime Thursday after getting back Thursday morning from Murcia & we jumped it & booked Nov (2 adults £89 total ) & Christmas into new year (2 adults £105 total).

This message was last edited by morerosado on 6/29/2007.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2007 11:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Easyjet - £5 Off Promotion Code for Easyjet.com ( Flights )
For Promotional Code Click Here

Like 0      
26 Jul 2007 7:01 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

HI

there was a post (i think by candyfloss) about easyjet and there extra charges if you go over 15kg per bag. I know its £10 if you go over but i have a horrible feeling its £10 per kilo over........ can anyone confirm either way.

Cheers

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
26 Jul 2007 7:06 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Tina, it's in EasyJet's baggage terms. http://www.easyjet.com/en/Book/regulations.html#baggage

"Each passenger may take one item of standard checked-in hold baggage free of charge. Additional items are subject to a fee payable in advance or in the airport. Irrespective of the number of checked-in bags, each passenger has a free hold baggage weight allowance of 20kg, after which excess baggage charges apply. The maximum weight for any single piece of baggage is 32 kgs. Baggage fees are set out below."

,,,,,,,,,,, Scroll down a lot on actual webpage ,,,,,,,,,,,

Currency Excess Baggage per kg Additional hold bag (when pre-paid) Additional hold bag (paid at the airport)
GBP 6.00 5.00 10.00

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/26/2007.

Like 0      
26 Jul 2007 7:20 PM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

For all those people who have booked flights with Easyjet, it might be worth keeping an eye on their flight prices. I booked for seats from Bristol to Murcia a few weeks ago to fly in August so the prices were quite high. However, prices on these seats have actually fallen TWICE in the last few days. After calling Easyjet mentioning their lower price policy, I now have a credit of £62 to use against future flights.

Phil

Like 0      
26 Jul 2007 8:22 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

HI Morerosado

I had read the luggage part but wasnt entirely clear. Just rang them and they said a family of 4 has a total of 80kgs allowance & anything over that gets charged. I thought it was based on individual suitcases as we have one massive one and 3 tiny ones. I had visions of us being charged for the massive one.... worry over phew.

Thanks tho!!!

p.s just checked if our prices had come down but not yet  shall keep an eye out tho!!!!

This message was last edited by tinasolera on 7/26/2007.

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 8:44 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Tinasolera - That's good to know that if more than one person is travelling then Easyjet will allow you to combine luggage allowance, as long as the amount of suitcases doesn't exceed the amount of people travelling.

It does get confusing reading the site, some people thought that the fee for an extra suitcase meant that you could take another 20kg's.  In reality it's literally another suitcase, if both suitcases weighed together went over 20kgs then the excess fee applies.

A friend of mine did manage to successully argue against paying when her suitcase was a couple of kgs over as she didn't have any handluggage.

Incidently the 15kg luggage rule applies to Ryanayr, flew with them a couple of times years ago but much prefer Easyjet.  R would not allow you to combine baggage and when flying back from Murcia you must check that your baggage is well under 15 kgs as so many people are caught out with excess baggage charges.  The cases contain the same amount  but they are now a couple of kilo's heavier.

Lytton - I too had a credit to be used against my next flight.  I used this when they released the winter schedule.  You have to ring a premium rate number and despite my repeatedly telling the operator I knew all the information she was telling me it took me 12 minutes to book one flight.  Total cost of call £7.90, remember to have your Advance Passenger Information ready as you must give these details over the phone.  The booking will not appear on your on-line schedule.

I had a £58 credit but in future I'd weigh up the cost of the call against the credit before I would do this again.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 9:50 AM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Hi

yes your right i paid  £5 for an extra bag but that extra bag does not mean we are allowed extra weight, the whole lot must still be 80kg or under so that we dont get charged. We have to take lots of little bags as it would be hard to get 4 very large suitcases in the car at the other end.

I didnt realise that about the premium number. Apart from that easyjet have always had a good customer service in my experience. The only thing i have to grumble about is last time we went on we had a buggy so got shoved to the back of the queue. Imagine my face when there are no seats left together and for a moment i thought they expected my 2yr old to sit with someone else. My facial expression said to the air hostess... dont even go there! Soon sorted!! Surely they can not expect parents to sit without there kids.

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 11:18 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Tina

Did you get my long email this morning ?

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 5:32 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Hi Morerosado

Yes just got that email and rang easyjet. It seems you are right and that the weight allowance is per bag not per family. When i rang yesterday customer service told me it was per family and today i was told absolutely not and its per bag. Thanks for letting me know you didnt think this was right i would have been stung for around £70 if i had gone on yesterdays advice...... flippin joke. I would have turned up and been like this agggggggggggghhhhhhhhh ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cheers Moerosado xx

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 5:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Glad you got that resolved, Tina, as I knew their initial advice was incorrect & couldn't bear to have you lay out good money for being over their weight limit. XX

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/27/2007.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 10:36 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Trawling through the newly posted threads yesterday I noticed something which concerns anyone flying with EasyJet from 1st October 2007.

I suggest if anyone is flying after this date then they check the thread "Bought some bits and pieces" and see what you think about the information provided.

I booked my flights 29 June and all 10 state that the passenger on the booking may check in one bag , if you need to take more then add the relevant charges.  Nine of these flights are after 1st October.

Now EasyJet seem to be saying that no matter when you booked your flight if you fly after 1 October then the must now pay £2.00 if you want to put a case in the hold.

Some of my flights I haven't provided the Advanced Passenger Information, tomorrow I'll enter this and print out an updated Flight booking confirmation and see in the Hold bag information changes.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 10:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
More EasyJet info in here >> Bought some bits and pieces today

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 10:43 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I guess we're lucky it's only £2 per bag checked in, semijubilada. I admit it's a right farce though, all of this. I mean, after you said it was £2 per case booked in, & I tried to find the info, didn't it take me ages even with your help to find the info ?

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 12:29 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I've checked the FAQ's and couldn't find any information about what happens if you booked before this change came into force.  I have sent an email to EasyJet and hope to have a reply within 48 hours.

I know it's only a small amount and I have no objection to paying for it at the time of booking, I just think it's unfair to back track on a booking confirmation made before 3/8/07 (when change came into effect?)  Also I should imagine that this fee will be doubled for a return journey as I believe Ryanair does.

As I said earlier, I fly out in September but return in October, it's unclear whether I will have to pay for return baggage.

Hopefully my email request will also encourage EasyJet to update or add another Q & A to their list..

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 7:49 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I agree with all you say, semijubilada, not only should they not implement this charge once we've booked & paid in full sometimes many months before flying but they should put clear & concise info on their website and before others know about the charges. As you know we're in the same boat as you, or rather aircraft.

Let's hope that EasyJet reply to your email. Not only reply but give you correct info as they often seem confused by their own rules & regs !

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 8:45 AM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

HI

Maybe you could help me as well, i rang easyjet up but again am worried as ive been given wrong info before. Regarding liquids, i fully understand about the rules with liquids and hand luggage, what i want to know is are you allowed unlimited liquids in the hold baggage. On the phone they said yes but he was hesitant. I cant find this is the luggage section.

Graasy.... arse!!!!

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Aifos developers - 16 posts
Marina Dor - Serving a DENOUCE - Help please - 1 posts
Buying off plan - 13 posts
eyeonground? - 2 posts
Are they deaf - 1 posts
Occupied Homes to be Demolished - 6 posts
Direct pension payment - 7 posts
Merry Xmas - 4 posts
Sylvia (The Forge) - 0 posts
Gill - 2 posts
Finally a Urban Plan is submited for aproval by Marbella Town Hall - 2 posts
New Legislationfrom the EU - 26 posts
Townhouse in Mijas near the racecourse - 2 posts
LAWYER COMPLAINTS - 6 posts
Advertise your Tamaragua Villa for free - 4 posts
Buying Furniture in Spain - 16 posts
Euro Select Estates - 0 posts
photos - 2 posts
renaults for sale - 2 posts
Need long term rental in Los Gazules or near International school.Help anyone! - 0 posts
Statutory charges - 3 posts
lookin for chris and denise dockerty - 4 posts
Kliney - 2 posts
Recaliming 5% property tax - 4 posts
new grills compulsory on new builds? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 70

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x