Buying Furniture in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jun 2007 12:00 AM by Barbara Murphy Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I was lucky enough to see and advert for Furniture Express, based in Estapona, and visited their showroom to get an idea of what their furniture packages were like.  Without exception, all the staff were so helpful and, when we exchanged contracts on our property in Sevilla, we returned to place an order. 

Included in our furniture package was not only the actual furniture but also accessories like pictures, lights, bedding etc.  As the staff were so helpful, I left the choosing of all the accessories to them, since they know their business better than me and, I have to say, they did not disappoint.

The delivery was made when agreed and the guys that delivered our package were again very helpful.  We did not have to handle anything and we left the placement of the pictures etc to them, again because they are more used to organising these things.  They converted our empty house into a beautiful home within a few hours and we could not be more pleased with the result. 

I would thoroughly recommend this company to any of my friends (and anyone else, for that matter).

Barbara Murphy

Montellano, Sevilla 

Like 0      
01 Jun 2007 12:45 PM by condesa Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Barbara, it's nice to hear some good news.   We have been thinking of visiting Furniture Express too.  How long did you have to wait between placing your order and delivery?

Like 0      
01 Jun 2007 12:53 PM by Barbara Murphy Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi Condesa,

We were lucky enough that most of the furniture we required was in stock, so the delivery could have been done in 2 weeks but I think generally you have to allow 4 weeks.

Barbara

Like 0      
01 Jun 2007 1:03 PM by Captain007 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

Barbara - can I ask which package you chose. You obviously seem pleased with your purchase. It is difficult to guage the quality from the photos on the internet advert.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2007 1:04 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

I agree . Furniture Express have proved to provide a very good service with a wide range of choice. Always happy and cheerful staff even though Anthony supports Leeds United!!!

Regards

John

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 6:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Not JUST in the CDS either. Furniture Express deliver to the CB too, see here http://www.furnitureexpressspain.com/furniture-packages/costa-blanca.php

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 6:55 PM by Barbara Murphy Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I understand that they have delivered as far afield as Portugal, so plenty of scope wherever you are!

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 9:14 AM by rguilfoyle Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Could anyone tell me if they have similar contacts for white goods. We were taken to a store by the Atlas reps but found the white goods very expensive, much more than in England.

RanG

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 1:25 PM by Barbara Murphy Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Furniture Express do have a contact for white good, although I could not use them because they did not deliver to where our property is. The company is not part of Furniture Express but they could give you a telephone number to contact.

Barbara

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 7:04 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
If anyone is looking for white goods, try checking out your local industrial estates (poligonos) to see if there is a dealer for "seconds". I just found myself a brand new Aspes washing machine, with the usual 2 year guarantee, for €145. Only defect, a small scratch on the top, which will never show under the work surface where it's going.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 7:32 PM by margaret magee Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

When I move next year, having lived in The Netherlands for the last 30 years we are bringing all our furniture with us. I do, however, want a bed for the guests I am expecting. All these packages are for a whole apartment full of everything.Where to go for a single item, reasonably prices?

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 8:37 PM by Barbara Murphy Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

What furniture is available depends on the area that you are moving to but there are literally thousands of furniture shops in Spain.  If you do happen to be moving near to Estepona, I would thoroughly recommend Furniture Express because you don't have to buy a whole package, you can buy single items.  If you are not moving near to Estepona, don't worry because there are always furniture shops in reasonably sized towns and furniture prices are not too expensive in Spain.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 10:36 PM by margaret magee Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Thank you Barbara, I shall put Furniture Express on my list of places to check out. Do they also do good patio furniture, sturdy enough for daily use?

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 11:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Margaret

Look at their website, in English too.

http://www.furnitureexpressspain.com/

Garden furniture on http://www.furnitureexpressspain.com/garden/algeciras.php

Like 0      
20 Nov 2008 3:05 PM by oldman40 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

I have heard very good things about a company called Spanish Furniture Supplies In the Costa Blanca, they have very good reviews on several forums. Has anyone used them? apparently you choose what you want and the choices are endless but the prices are good, most things made in Spain as well seems to be a deciding factor for others. Let me know if you have used them.

Samuel

Like 0      
29 Nov 2008 9:50 AM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

If you live anywhere near Lucena, thats the place to go for furniture. There are loads of factorys with shop outlets. You can get exactly what you want a lot cheaper than anywhere else. We didn't know about it when we moved here and bought all our furniture from a large store, only to find the same in Lucena a month or so later at half the price!!!

Like 0      
30 Nov 2008 6:03 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Chiclana and Sanlucar de Barramenda in Cadiz also have very good furniture factories.

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Euro Select Estates - 0 posts
photos - 2 posts
renaults for sale - 2 posts
Need long term rental in Los Gazules or near International school.Help anyone! - 0 posts
Statutory charges - 3 posts
lookin for chris and denise dockerty - 4 posts
Kliney - 2 posts
Recaliming 5% property tax - 4 posts
new grills compulsory on new builds? - 2 posts
New member - 3 posts
To Old - 3 posts
Help - I need to sell asap & am prepared to pass on some of my deposit!!!! - 3 posts
Spanish Property Scandal Petition - 10 posts
Furniture Packages or buy individual items? - 5 posts
EOS Google Toolbar button - 15 posts
Deposit refunded - 2 posts
Hello - Any advice on International Rentals? - 3 posts
Taking 4 cats to Spain - 34 posts
Transporting cats overland - 1 posts
First Ocupation Licence Update - 4 posts
Bangin head against wall - 14 posts
Saga transfer funds too - 0 posts
Mortgage and Run !! - 5 posts
Furniture Packages - 6 posts
eralia sell shares in various developments including los lagos santa maria golf - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x