We're new and buying in La Tercia Real! Anyone else??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2007 12:00 AM by scarlett114a Star rating in North west England. 3 posts Send private message

Hi all, just so excited! Got back from Spain last Tuesday after a whrilwind 3 day trip - I can't believe what a hidden gem the Murcia region is - I had no idea about the stunning Mar Menor. It makes me want to jump back on a plane and get back out there! My children are just going to think they are in paradise when they see the beaches! And the prices in the local restaurants and tappas bars are incredible compared to back home.

I'm hoping we have made the right decision in buying at La Tercia Real. The plans look so impressive and the show homes are stunning. Pity the one we're buying isn't yet built (the 3 bed Paula). I am told that the development will be so much better than the polaris ones simply because of the wide roads and space allocated - here's hoping. There was quite a bit of activity going on with bulldozes, making way for the roads etc. Just want to see some villas being built now........ I just have one niggle, in that everyone at hoem is asking if it is near to the coast and that's kind of dampening my excitement - how can I get over this??

Is there anyone out there planning to move out permanantly with young children - we have two, 6 and 3, and are sort of mulling the idea of trying it for 6 months as we're too chicken to make a permanant move without trying first!

Love to hear from any like minded excited people!!

Scarlett

This message was last edited by scarlett114a on 5/22/2007.

Like 0      
22 May 2007 11:30 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Scarlett,

welcome to the forum. We haven't bought in Tercia but know a few that have. I'm sure Colesfamily wales will see this thread and be in touch. We are 10 minute walk from Mar Menor in Santiago de Ribera, I know where Tercia is and looks a fab development.  know exactly how you feel. We completed on ours last january and is a fabulous feeling, going out again on sunday can't wait

Don't worry about the folks at home, Tercia isn't far from the beach and it's so easy driving in that area it's a doddle. Don't worry you've done the right thing. As long as you like it enjoy it like we are. We waited a long time for it to happen but it's soooooooooo worth it in the end. ave made some great friends along the way too.

P.S. Have you joined the development board for Tercia? Have a look on there you should find some more buyers there.

Good luck

Gina 

Like 0      
23 May 2007 8:12 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Scarlett, welcome to the best place on the net for help and info on buying in Spain.

Congratulations !  La Tercia is in a special location, between the city of Murcia and the sea.  You're close to everything.  I completely agree with Gina - always do !  Enjoy your excitement of your decision, you look forward to moving in day.

La Tercia has all you need and a great fiesta every year.  Straight down the motorway to loads of beaches - how easy is that. best wishes, Jane.

Jane

Like 0      
23 May 2007 9:11 AM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Hi Scarlett,

We live very near to La Tercia, and it's a smashing area, you have the best of both worlds, being near to the coast if you want to go and far enough away so that you doin't get problems with visitors parking ect.

The English girl who cuts my hair travelsd 45mins for her children to go to the Spanish school in  the village, the children that go are mainly spanish and it has done wonders for their launguage skills, she moved them there anticipating a move to the area as she likes it so much.

We have enjoyed the area as when we first moved there was more of a feel of being in a Spanish part of Spain, yet having a few Uk folk arround gave us confidence if we had any problems.

Sit back and enjoy it you'll be so excited as the completion time draws nearer...good luck

Like 0      
23 May 2007 11:30 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Scarlett114A

Welcome to EOS!

You sound so excited, I know how I felt, but that was in 2003, AND I still get excited as we near our place!

We are down the coast from you in Playa Flamenca.

I see the "locals" to your area have given some good feedback already, you will get loads of advice her on EOS - enjoy!

kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 May 2007 1:12 PM by scarlett114a Star rating in North west England. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Fibby,

Thanks for that!! We are just sitting here in our garden still considering a permanant move! It's so scarey thinking about it. Steve thinks everyone will be either too young or too old to bother with us. I said look on the bright side, were in our 40s and good looking (sort of, 10 years ago!) and we do throw good parties and Steve does do a mean BQ! I don't think we'll be billy-no-mates for too long?!

Scarlett

PS Where about is Playa Flamenco?

Like 0      
23 May 2007 1:17 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

That made me smile Scarlett!

I will come to one of your barbies, no probs, plus older than you by 10 years, but uglier than 10 years ago!

Playa Flamenca is 10 mins drive going south of Torreveija.

You are about 30 mins drive further south than us.

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 May 2007 2:42 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Scarlett

Welcome to Eye on Spain.  You sound so excited and what a wonderful welcome some of our members have given you.  Makes me to see that.

We have many La Tercia Real buyers registered on the site.  If you haven't done so already then sign up for the message board for that development to chat to them:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/ViewDevNo.aspx?dev=L362

All the best.

Justin

P.S.  I love BBQs so I'll expect an invite

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 May 2007 11:07 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Scarlett

The billy no mates club just doesn't exist in Spain . We haven't long completed and it's just amazing how many friends we've made already. Going over next week, can't wait. We have a right laugh. We'll be up for a party any time and if you're over in August then you are welcome to our housewarming party

Like 0      
24 May 2007 9:35 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Scarlett

It sounds as if you have made a fantastic choice - not too far from the coast, and no doubt you will have a swimming pool for days when you want to stay close to home.  We are buying inland, near Jumilla, which is just under an hour from Murcia on the bus (we don't drive!).  Visitors who drive will be able to reach the coast in an hour if they wish, or use the pool near our townhouse.

We are members of the billy no mates club in the UK!  We had arranged to meet friends in a pub on the day we were flying back from a trip to Spain, however one of them sent an email saying he was unwell and the others agreed to postpone the get together, forgetting we were out of the country.  As we hadn't checked emails while we were in Spain, we sat in the pub with our suitcases, wondering where everybody was!  We are due to meet the same friends in the same pub next weekend - so let's hope they turn up this time!!!  We have already met some of our future neighbours through this forum, so I don't think we will be short of friends when we move and we are looking forward to loads of parties!

Our estate agent has young children and they go to the local school, which she says is fantastic.  Stella speaks very good Spanish as her father is Spanish, though she was brought up in England and only moved to Spain with her family a few years ago.  Her husband Mark doesn't speak much Spanish though, and their boys are much better than he is!

Kind regards.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
24 May 2007 10:05 AM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar

Hi Scarlett

We are purchasing just across the way from you at United Resorts Golf La Tercia, although la tercia is a very small village 1 shop and a community center  there is  a larger village called Sucina around 10 mins away. We are looking forward to our completion day with great excitment.

Look forward to seeing you perhaps at La Tercia, do either of you play golf, perhaps see you on the UGR golf course.

Dave & Eileen 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gardening - 2 posts
Spanish will - 16 posts
New Channel - 3 posts
Anyone moving to Lebrrija? - 27 posts
Veronica - 7 posts
Kids discos san pedro/estepona - 0 posts
Taxation on two properties - 5 posts
Liverpool Athens 2007 - 12 posts
Inner Life in Spain - 0 posts
Election time - 36 posts
Completing on new property when developer has gone bankrupt - 2 posts
hello fron anneF - 6 posts
Airport transfers - 5 posts
Ray and Sue - 2 posts
Air Conditioning - 3 posts
I want to rent out my new apartment in Oropresa marina dor - 8 posts
Remember Living in Spain TV has Launched today - 31 posts
Long Term Rental Available On The Las Ramblas Golf Course In Lux 3 Bed/2 Bath - 0 posts
If You Are Looking For A Bargain Then Look No Further! - 0 posts
sky digital tv - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 11 posts
Slightly Inland CB Chitty Chat - 23 posts
hi - 2 posts
Im new and I apologise - 7 posts
Hi again - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x