Spanish will

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2007 12:00 AM by bimbo Star rating in Scotland. 7 posts Send private message

Hi all we have recently complete the puschase of our apartment in Zenimar now we have to make out a will does anyone have a good lawyer for this or can it be done cheaper way
regards
richie

Like 0      
22 May 2007 8:11 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Get your lawyer to draw one up for you stating your wishes and it will then be Notarised and lodged at the Registry - make things one hell of a lot easier in the event of.......................

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
24 May 2007 12:13 PM by KC60 Star rating in Sunderland / Balsic.... 139 posts Send private message

KC60´s avatar

Hi Guys

Quick question, how much does it cost to have a Spainsh will done? Herd conflicting stories.

Like 0      
24 May 2007 12:38 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Depends on the lawyer but probably about 100€ to 150€ plus Notary but check with your lawyer

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
24 May 2007 1:41 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi

We were quoted 300 euros, though that was for 2 wills.

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
24 May 2007 2:16 PM by KC60 Star rating in Sunderland / Balsic.... 139 posts Send private message

KC60´s avatar

Thanks for info.

But how much extra is the Notary on top of the solicitors fee?

Like 0      
24 May 2007 3:38 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Cant remember but ask your lawyer and he will tell you - nothing too serious though

Like 0      
24 May 2007 4:40 PM by bimbo Star rating in Scotland. 7 posts Send private message

Hi All
i have some interesting quotes comming back the best so far is for fixed fee of 130euro for the preperation of two wills +iva and notoray fees  of 90 Euro for the two keep them comming and i will publish the results
regards
bimbo

Like 0      
24 May 2007 6:28 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I was quoted 300€ for 2 wills including notary fees.

We will get them sorted on our next trip over in about a month.

Laury

Like 0      
24 May 2007 6:36 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes this is something we still have to do, but will do next time we go out to Spain.  So will be interested in the quotes.Thanks Pat 

Like 0      
25 May 2007 4:25 PM by Diane and Joe Star rating in Sheffield. 152 posts Send private message

Diane and Joe´s avatar

Our solicitor, recommended by the agent, has quoted us €220 per person, including notary's fees.  They have also said that if there was any money left after everything was paid, they would refund it!  Is this a first?

Diane

Like 0      
25 May 2007 4:46 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Diane and Joe, Yes I have heard of  this before from  two couples one went to get their deeds and had to pay 600euros more much to his disgust.   Another did not have to pay any more but did not get any money back.  Who are your agents? It will be interesting to see if it's the same as they used.          But you might be lucky,  Regards Pat

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 5/25/2007.

Like 0      
25 May 2007 4:55 PM by Diane and Joe Star rating in Sheffield. 152 posts Send private message

Diane and Joe´s avatar

Hi, Pat and Roy

I have sent you a PM.

It will be interesting if they are one and the same!  Please let me know.

Diane

Like 0      
27 May 2007 7:06 AM by sandey Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Guys

We used our spanish solicitors in Gran Alancant for our wills and deeds - wills cost 48 euro each and copies of deeds etc cost78 euro - all including notary fees.

They have just been received in Dublin now and all is perfect.

Sandey

Like 0      
27 May 2007 11:33 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Sandey,

It would be great if you could offer up details of your solicitors in Gran Alacant who charged you so little for the wills. We paid 300€ for two wills (including notary fees of more than the cost of what your will with notary fees cost) & this was after we scoured the area for costs. (About time new owners, who are trying to do what's needed, aren't fleeced so much.)

Like 0      
27 May 2007 12:43 PM by bimbo Star rating in Scotland. 7 posts Send private message

Hi Sandey,
i agree how about the name of the lawyer you used
i was quoted 500 euro originally that is why we started shopping around
regrds
bimbo

Like 0      
28 May 2007 3:40 PM by mjones Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi folks

I also would like to know who to go to for drawing up our Wills -  a name and address of the lawyer you used Sandey would be brilliant  - thankyou - keep the quotes coming in  -  thankyou

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Channel - 3 posts
Anyone moving to Lebrrija? - 27 posts
Veronica - 7 posts
Kids discos san pedro/estepona - 0 posts
Taxation on two properties - 5 posts
Liverpool Athens 2007 - 12 posts
Inner Life in Spain - 0 posts
Election time - 36 posts
Completing on new property when developer has gone bankrupt - 2 posts
hello fron anneF - 6 posts
Airport transfers - 5 posts
Ray and Sue - 2 posts
Air Conditioning - 3 posts
I want to rent out my new apartment in Oropresa marina dor - 8 posts
Remember Living in Spain TV has Launched today - 31 posts
Long Term Rental Available On The Las Ramblas Golf Course In Lux 3 Bed/2 Bath - 0 posts
If You Are Looking For A Bargain Then Look No Further! - 0 posts
sky digital tv - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 11 posts
Slightly Inland CB Chitty Chat - 23 posts
hi - 2 posts
Im new and I apologise - 7 posts
Hi again - 7 posts
Residencial or Turistico????????? - 3 posts
Good Time to back out purchase? - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x