sky digital tv

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 May 2007 12:00 AM by condor Star rating in orlando fla. 1 posts Send private message

Hi , my name is condor and I purchased a unit phase 4 on Jul 2005,  the property was to be completed by December 30 2006.  I have been  trying to cancel my purchase since before that date but my lawyer kept saying I could not.  Now this morning (21 May 2007) I received the contract  in which the Developer will notify the lawyer and then me on when the deed will be sign.  Still not exact date of signing..  Has anybody gone thru this problem before if so, give a little hint. 

Like 0      
21 May 2007 4:36 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Hi Condor, welcome to the site

You're not the first (or the last) to get confused by spanish developers!  Our completion date was changed three times and our deed signing dates were changed as well, everytime we booked flights to go over, the date was changed!  It can be frustrating after waiting so long for your property to get finished but patience is a virtue, especially in spain!  Your lawyer should keep you up to date as they should be present together with the notary and half a dozen other 'interested parties' who all gather to sign various bits of paper. Usually with developments they like to get a group of owners to attend the signings on the same day, we had a group of other purchasers from our urb all scheduled to sign at  intervals throughout the day, so it could be a case of getting enough fellow purchasers on your development agreeing dates which suit.                   

Hope this helps and don't get too despondant,  your wait hasn't been as long as some of the other poor souls on this forum, some signed up well before you and are no where near ready for completion!

Happy thoughts

Jackie

Like 0      
21 May 2007 4:58 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Condor,

Welcome to EOS!

And welcome to the world of delays in Spain!

Nothing unusual here, you are only 5 months past completion date, some on here have waited way past that!

Good luck with it from now on,

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 May 2007 6:36 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Condor,  Yes Fibby is right we completed on our apartment last november it should have been May.  But that can happen in England I have a grandaughter who thought she would be in  her flat  by Feb but she is still waiting the flat is ready  just the pavement has not been completed.  .  You will get their in the end. Regards Pat 

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 5/21/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hello everyone - 11 posts
Slightly Inland CB Chitty Chat - 23 posts
hi - 2 posts
Im new and I apologise - 7 posts
Hi again - 7 posts
Residencial or Turistico????????? - 3 posts
Good Time to back out purchase? - 17 posts
DISHWASHER - 5 posts
off plan - 3 posts
Lighting - 11 posts
friends of Bill Wilson and Dr Bob? " one day at a time" - 0 posts
content of the licence format - 4 posts
Automatic cars - 5 posts
2007 FA Cup - 31 posts
Urgent transfers - 10 posts
NIE and Residency - 0 posts
Jumilla - 6 posts
All is Quiet!!! - 2 posts
concerns with our basement. - 1 posts
AIR CONDITIONED GLOVE BOXES - 26 posts
Official Document Needed for application of NIE Number - 23 posts
Electrician in spain - 0 posts
Oh my Goodness! Over 1,000 posts and no applause! - 24 posts
Torreveija area chitty chatty - 25 posts
R & S PROPERTY AND GARDEN DESIGNS - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x