Taxation on two properties

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2007 12:00 AM by Dream Hills Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi,  I have been residing in Spain now for 18 months, had a few teething problems but things seem to be running smoothly at the moment.

Can anybody give me advise on what the tax issues are with owning two properties in Spain. I am thinking of buying a new house, the house is off plan not ready for at least 4 years. I cant sell my house till the new one is ready, so there may be an overlap,It could take a year to sell my house, so in the eyes of the law i will own two properties in Spain.

Can anybody advise what the law states.?

Thanks.

Like 0      
22 May 2007 1:48 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

A friend of mine has two properties in Spain and she is a non resident.  She pays the same taxes of each one, wealth and patrimonia, plus tax on income on one as she now rents that out.

Do resendents pay wealth tax on second properties?  Possibly only when you sell but technicaly you are selling your main residence so I would have thought the amount would be neglidgable.

Ouch spelling

Zena

Like 0      
23 May 2007 11:21 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Welcome to EOS Dream Hills

I can't answer your question, sorry, but just dropped in to say welcome!

Regards

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 May 2007 2:28 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Dream Hills

Welcome to the site.

Maybe try posting your question in the "Spanish taxes" area of the forum as it wil get the proper exposure there.

Regards

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 May 2007 3:14 PM by Dream Hills Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thank you for the warm welcome. Have taken your advise and posted on the other forum.

Thank you once again.

Amanda

Like 0      
24 May 2007 8:53 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Dream Hills

Justin, hope this post is OK as it's not really an ad!  I had an email from Moneycorp, having been to the recent A Place in the Sun Live exhibition, and they are offering a free financial guide, which has been written with Blevins Franks.  Having bought the Blevins Franks book "Living in Spain" at the Viva Espana exhibition, I can say it was very comprehensive, even if reading it sends me to sleep!  The link for the free guide is: http://www.moneycorp.com/personal/financialguide/.

Regards.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Liverpool Athens 2007 - 12 posts
Inner Life in Spain - 0 posts
Election time - 36 posts
Completing on new property when developer has gone bankrupt - 2 posts
hello fron anneF - 6 posts
Airport transfers - 5 posts
Ray and Sue - 2 posts
Air Conditioning - 3 posts
I want to rent out my new apartment in Oropresa marina dor - 8 posts
Remember Living in Spain TV has Launched today - 31 posts
Long Term Rental Available On The Las Ramblas Golf Course In Lux 3 Bed/2 Bath - 0 posts
If You Are Looking For A Bargain Then Look No Further! - 0 posts
sky digital tv - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 11 posts
Slightly Inland CB Chitty Chat - 23 posts
hi - 2 posts
Im new and I apologise - 7 posts
Hi again - 7 posts
Residencial or Turistico????????? - 3 posts
Good Time to back out purchase? - 17 posts
DISHWASHER - 5 posts
off plan - 3 posts
Lighting - 11 posts
friends of Bill Wilson and Dr Bob? " one day at a time" - 0 posts
content of the licence format - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x