I want to rent out my new apartment in Oropresa marina dor

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 May 2007 12:00 AM by tracyrimmer Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

I want to rent out my apartment on the marina dor complex in Oropresa del mar, but company have their own managment team and keep rents in the area really low.  I bought this apartment as an investment, and was promised a good return, but it looks like it was all lies.  I still want to rent it, but I dont know anyone that has had any success up in that area.  I have taken details from some estate agents but it does not look promising.  Anyone know of a good rental company in that area,  it is costa azahar, near castellon.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2007 6:58 PM by ric25 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

We are at Marina DOr also. Currently renting via Alexander Homes. I would NOT recommend them, full stop. There is a new Agency DANESP opened in Oropesa www.danesp.com  I have been in e-mail contact with them dvalls@danesp.com but must stress that I do not know anything about them. They appear to be quite efficient, their rental payments to owners is certainly more than Alex Homes pays. For instance 3 or 4 months Spring/Summer Holiday Lets  with them would bring in far more than AH pay for an 11 month long term rental. They also seem to charge 2.5% commission to sell whereas most agents charge around 5% which is a lot. Other options are; rent through Marina D'Or, who don't pay well either, or try doing it yourself  which is not for everyone including me. We bought this apt as a so called investment and were supposed to sell before completion. It didn't happen as the firm we bought through(DREAM OVERSEAS PROPERTIES IN N IRELAND) let us down big style. I am considering selling at present, but the Spanish Property market is very flat now and we would probablY have to sell at less than we paid (We completed last Dec)

If you e-mail DANESP they will send you 2 e-mail attachments with info about rental returns as well as the current state of the property market there now. The airport is way behind schedule and apparently not due for completion until end 2008/ early 2009. Hope yhis is of some help to you, and not too depressing.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2007 8:04 PM by daveandnicky Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

5% a lot? I pay 15% for long term and 17% for short term. I was told this was a little more than the norm but not that much! Anyone else got any idea. my place is on the CDS.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2007 8:09 PM by ric25 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

The commission I refer to is for SELLING your property using this agent,  whereas you appear to be talking about commission they charge you for RENTING.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2007 10:38 AM by daveandnicky Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Yeah, apologies for that!! 2.5 to 5% selling commision was pretty standard when i wanted to sell.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 4:17 PM by minihana Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, I'm just wondering if you are still looking to rent out your apartment? We are four people from Dublin looking to rent an apartment in Oropesa in July. Thanks, Aileen.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 5:43 PM by ric25 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Hi Aileen. I sold my 50% interest in our apt to my bro-in-law who now owns it outright. He is currently out of the country and returns in about another 10/12 days. I will pass on your request to him and he will see it when he returns. I'm not sure of his intentions re renting, although I have a feeling he and the family are going out to the apt for 2 or 3 weeks in July. Will post a response once I hear from him. How is the weather down there? Hasn't been too brilliant up here in N. Ireland.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 9:56 PM by ric25 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Aileen. 

It seems from what I can gather that my brother-in-law and the family DO intend to spend 2 or 3 weeks at Marina D'Or in July, so it looks as if their apt will not be available. Sorry I can't be of more help to you. I do hope you manage to get sorted out. Good luck.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 6:48 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

For owners at rentals from the legal side: Always submitt the contract to arbitration!

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Remember Living in Spain TV has Launched today - 31 posts
Long Term Rental Available On The Las Ramblas Golf Course In Lux 3 Bed/2 Bath - 0 posts
If You Are Looking For A Bargain Then Look No Further! - 0 posts
sky digital tv - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 11 posts
Slightly Inland CB Chitty Chat - 23 posts
hi - 2 posts
Im new and I apologise - 7 posts
Hi again - 7 posts
Residencial or Turistico????????? - 3 posts
Good Time to back out purchase? - 17 posts
DISHWASHER - 5 posts
off plan - 3 posts
Lighting - 11 posts
friends of Bill Wilson and Dr Bob? " one day at a time" - 0 posts
content of the licence format - 4 posts
Automatic cars - 5 posts
2007 FA Cup - 31 posts
Urgent transfers - 10 posts
NIE and Residency - 0 posts
Jumilla - 6 posts
All is Quiet!!! - 2 posts
concerns with our basement. - 1 posts
AIR CONDITIONED GLOVE BOXES - 26 posts
Official Document Needed for application of NIE Number - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x