Air Conditioning

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 May 2007 12:00 AM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Just been to Lanzarote and had my 1st experience of driving on the wrong side of the road, coped OK but I've got a question regarding Petrol Pumps.

I only filled up once after leaving the airport and luckily it was a pump with an attendant or I think I would have been in trouble.  From what I could make out he pressed a couple of buttons on the pump, after it had spoken to him in Spanish, and set the amount of Euros for the pump to deliver.

Is this right?  

What if you think the tank can take 10 euros worth and it only takes 8, do you lose 2 euros? 

What if you just want to pull the trigger until it's full like in the UK?

Goint to Malage and Fuengirola in a couple of weeks and want to hire a car again but the petrol pump thingy is playing on my mind.  I can imagine being in the middle of the forecourt with an uncontrollable hose, if you know what I mean

Like 0      
21 May 2007 9:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Some pumps have the preset amounts available if you want, but I think it's only to make it easier to fill to the exact amount you want, if you know how much you need that is. I'm pretty sure that all those pumps can also be operated manually by squeezing the trigger until you stop, as usual. If you do pre-select, but for more than you have room for, the pump will automatically stop when full, and you will only be charged for what's actually gone in anyway. What's harder (I find) is stations which insist (usually at night) on pre-payment, which again is a nuisance if you have no idea how much your fill-up is going to cost.

Now, are there any petrol (or diesel) heads out there who can tell me what the difference is between the different flavours of diesel available, and which is best to use and why?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 May 2007 9:30 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar
OMG - petrol pumps - my nightmare . Still can't figure out what I'm supposed to do in some of them - my advice is to find a petrol pump with a friendly attendant who will do it all for you. Had a very embarassing experience the first time I was over on my own with the kids - think I was meant to press a button saying how much I wanted to put in - but how do you know?? Just stood there looking confused & was rescued in the end by a chap in the office. Sounds much like your experience.

Like 0      
22 May 2007 9:13 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
My thing with petrol pumps if trying not to put the wrong type in.  We have a petrol and a diesel car and I really have to check about 10 time before I fill up that I've actually picked upu the right pump for the car.  It sounds stupid but it's so easy to do the wrong thing.

Roberto, don't pay the extra for the "super" version of diesel, it makes no real difference so not worth the expense.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

I want to rent out my new apartment in Oropresa marina dor - 8 posts
Remember Living in Spain TV has Launched today - 31 posts
Long Term Rental Available On The Las Ramblas Golf Course In Lux 3 Bed/2 Bath - 0 posts
If You Are Looking For A Bargain Then Look No Further! - 0 posts
sky digital tv - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 11 posts
Slightly Inland CB Chitty Chat - 23 posts
hi - 2 posts
Im new and I apologise - 7 posts
Hi again - 7 posts
Residencial or Turistico????????? - 3 posts
Good Time to back out purchase? - 17 posts
DISHWASHER - 5 posts
off plan - 3 posts
Lighting - 11 posts
friends of Bill Wilson and Dr Bob? " one day at a time" - 0 posts
content of the licence format - 4 posts
Automatic cars - 5 posts
2007 FA Cup - 31 posts
Urgent transfers - 10 posts
NIE and Residency - 0 posts
Jumilla - 6 posts
All is Quiet!!! - 2 posts
concerns with our basement. - 1 posts
AIR CONDITIONED GLOVE BOXES - 26 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x