Election time

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 May 2007 9:23 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Alan, I believe the company you are referring to is "Urinci" who were the ones "appointed" by the town hall to do our road too.  They made such a mess of it that the road will have to be re-done.  Our developer actually wanted to build the road themselves but they weren't allowed.

It seems corruption is still the order of the day.

Goodstitch, most of the members of the PP and PSOE parties in Manilva are under some sort of investigation for all sorts of reasons.  There is however one independent group headed by the local doctor which actually does NOT have any members which are under any sort of investigation.  I think I know where my vote is going!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
29 May 2007 10:30 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

I was driving to work with my wife yesterday listening to the election results on REM. FM.  I suggested to her that the UK should adopt the Spanish and French system of voting on Sunday as this would improve the turnout.  Usually it is difficult to get to a polling booth in the UK on a weekday as we have to go to work.

My wife looked in horror, and said can you imagine the turnout in the UK on a Sunday!!  they play football on Sundays so the turnout would be ZERO.  But what´s worse,  most people in the UK drink about 10 pints of John Smiths at Sunday lunchtime!!!  By the time they got into a booth they would be Pi**ed.  We would have to put up with the Monster Raving Looney Party for 5 years, or worse the BNP.

I decided she was right and we continued our drive to work in silent reflection  

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
29 May 2007 10:43 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Gillespie wrote: most people in the UK drink about 10 pints of John Smiths at Sunday lunchtime!!! 

What is John Smith?????

This message was last edited by Tish on 5/29/2007.

Like 0      
29 May 2007 10:51 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Well I did when I was in the UK Tish, It was my liver that decided to come to Spain, I just followed

Like 0      
29 May 2007 11:10 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

My post was "tongue in cheek" Gillespie! i hope your palate is more refined these days!

Like 0      
29 May 2007 11:18 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Ohh much more refined thanks Tish, ten pints of wine and I have had enough!! I am in danger of getting blood in my alchol stream!!

Like 0      
29 May 2007 11:51 AM by gerryboland Star rating in ek and trampolin hil.... 119 posts Send private message

gerryboland´s avatar
who won the election ? was it good for spain? I watched on the tve but did not really recognise the politicians . Did a woman win?

Like 0      
29 May 2007 12:43 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Which party DID win the election  in Spain. I've not seen anything in the media about the results. Whoever got in, are they likely to make a significant difference in curbing the corruption and getting the Courts/Judges to enforce the laws correctly.? I sooo hope so!

Like 0      
29 May 2007 12:51 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Justin, looks like Antonia Munoz of the IU party is going to be the next Mayor of Manilva. Is this good or bad?

Alan

Like 0      
29 May 2007 9:03 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Justin I'm bumping this up as I am interested in your opinion. I have vested interest in who becomes the next mayor.

Justin, looks like Antonia Munoz of the IU party is going to be the next Mayor of Manilva. Is this good or bad?

Alan

Like 0      
30 May 2007 8:48 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Alan, yes, what a shock result.  No one I've spoken to was expecting Antonia to win!!

Having talked to several Spanish friends about her they haven't been overly happy with the result, a few have even said that her beliefs are very close to communism!

I don't actually know anything about her and during the election campaign she certainly didn't have as much publicity as the main PP and PSOE parties.  So when I heard she'd won I went "who?". 

But like anything, we'll just have to wait and see.  I'm just glad Zotano is no longer mayor as he had no real interest in helping anyone but himself.

I'll make an appointment to meet with the new mayor hopefully in 3 - 4 weeks so I'll let you know how it goes.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
30 May 2007 10:11 AM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Many thanks Justin. I will eagerly look forward to hearing the results of your meeting.

Alan

Like 0      
10 Jun 2007 9:45 AM by Janny Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

Janny´s avatar

Well with the elections behind us now, I cannot believe that in our town of Cartama and Cartama Estacion they have voted back in the same Mayor, that is issuing demolition orders instead of finding a solution to the problem, as apparently there are 3,500 illegal builds here  !!!!  And of you do want a meeting with the Mayor about your Illegal build , he will not entertain you ,and  there is a notice in the Town Hall to this effect. Does anybody have any written confirmation on just what the Mayors role is ?Do you have this problem in your village ?

It seems to me that there are hundreds of people out there in Spain that have problems with illegal builds, but either dont know what to do about it, or are too frightened to do something about it , we need websites like this to enable the people to get together. In Cartama we are aiming to set up a Group, to help each other try and overcome these difficulties, and I will today be tellin them about Eye on Spain. Well done eye on Spain.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 8:50 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Thanks for your comments Janny.  We are planning to actually do more to try and help people.  We have tried a few things on a very small scale over the past few months so we know what we can and can't do.

Watch this space....

Justin

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 9:41 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Janny

i think although as you say there are hundreds of people who have problems with illegal builds, and many more hundreds who have huge delays, breached contracts etc, there are also many people who are happy with their situation who are trying to hush this up a bit and sometimes accuse those in dire straights or highlighting problems, of being doom merchants.  I do have a degree of sympathy for these people, if you are trying to rent out or sell a property in southern Spain at the moment, or even just own property you like, the last thing you need is wave after wave of bad publicity about your area. The problem is i think, that attitude is bad for everyone in the long term as it plays in to the hands of the bad guys if many people are ' making the best' of a situation, completing where they shouldn't or ignoring other buyers who are having terrible problems getting justice.  I really think the bad developers/lawyers/agents/mayors? depend on a very unfair justice system that gives people fear of losing everything, even when they are in the right, and not sticking together to complain on a mass scale, to be able to carry on their bad deeds without the punishment they deserve.  I think getting big groups of people together who have been wronged to all pull in the same direction, is probably the only way to be heard.  As i hope you know, there is already one site dedicated to just this cause, and sites such as this are fantastic in helping this come together. So good luck with your idea of a group. I hope that soon everyone who has been wronged or knows someone who has, will join a group fighting to change the system to a fair one.  Surely  it must benifit everyone and Spain itself in the long term?.  Thanks again to Justin for playing a huge role in this.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 9:58 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hola, I am one of those people who is happy with my own situation BUT that does not mean I would want any badness hushed up for ANY reason. I have PM ed a couple of people with severe problems offering my support.............whatever that may be.................even if it's just a friendly ear. I would be happy to help in any way with Justin's group or anything else.   

There but for the Grace of God.......................................

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
11 Jun 2007 11:00 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Karensun

Hola,

thanks for your support and understanding,  and well done for your offer of help, that's great to hear.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Completing on new property when developer has gone bankrupt - 2 posts
hello fron anneF - 6 posts
Airport transfers - 5 posts
Ray and Sue - 2 posts
Air Conditioning - 3 posts
I want to rent out my new apartment in Oropresa marina dor - 8 posts
Remember Living in Spain TV has Launched today - 31 posts
Long Term Rental Available On The Las Ramblas Golf Course In Lux 3 Bed/2 Bath - 0 posts
If You Are Looking For A Bargain Then Look No Further! - 0 posts
sky digital tv - 3 posts
Hello everyone - 11 posts
Slightly Inland CB Chitty Chat - 23 posts
hi - 2 posts
Im new and I apologise - 7 posts
Hi again - 7 posts
Residencial or Turistico????????? - 3 posts
Good Time to back out purchase? - 17 posts
DISHWASHER - 5 posts
off plan - 3 posts
Lighting - 11 posts
friends of Bill Wilson and Dr Bob? " one day at a time" - 0 posts
content of the licence format - 4 posts
Automatic cars - 5 posts
2007 FA Cup - 31 posts
Urgent transfers - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 37

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x