Something to look foward to!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Hi all,

My daughter and I are meeting and staying in venice for 4 days in june. I'm really looking forward to it.

Is there anything you're looking forward to?

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2011 8:23 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

My soul mate and I are out to Spain in 8 days time .... cant wait!!!

Like 0      
21 Mar 2011 9:41 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Venice...went last year and loved it!!

Me, skiing in Sierra Nevada this weekend....can't wait.  Oh and F1 season starts this weekend too.  I don't think I can cope with so much excitement in one week

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 Mar 2011 10:01 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

For Mrs Technoape and I...

Visiting my parents and her family... our family... back in the UK for nearly 3 weeks!

Haven't seen my Mam and Dad for a year... yes! a year! And are spending some time with them and celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary and Dad's 75th Birthday (sniff... little bit of tears there!).

Then a week later Mrs Technoape's Son is getting married (don't do it I hear some of you scream).

Yes! All done about face... house and kids first, then marriage!?!? All done 21st Century Style it would appear. Really looking forward to spending time with our grandchildren.

Then a week later back to Wales to watch the Scarlets (my team) take on Munster at the Parc Y Scarlets.

In between, spending some time with Mrs. Technoape's Daughter, Son in law, and our other grandchildren.

Then just a few weeks after we get back, Mrs Technoape's Son, and new Daughter-in-law, and our grandchildren are visiting us here in Andalucia for the very first time!

PS. And before any of the usual 'gripers' say anything: No! It's not the UK I'm looking forward to visiting... it's our family!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 21/03/2011.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
22 Mar 2011 6:33 PM by jeanie60 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

I myself are realy looking forward to our eldest son & wife, grandaughter coming out for 10 days over easter ...thank goodness the strike is off!

Its the 1st time any of the lads have been out. we have 3

T will have had his op by then and its forward we look.

But i am so looking forward to showing them some of the real spain in stead of the magaluf they love so much !!!

Jeanie 

Like 0      
23 Mar 2011 11:43 AM by PeterInSpain Star rating in Marbella, Spain. 39 posts Send private message

Liverpool FC returning to their former glories (don't worry I'm a very patient man)

Malaga just escaping relegation

Some more weather like we had in January/February

Have a fab time in Venice Febe!

Cheers Peter

Like 0      
23 Mar 2011 12:30 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

getting the first email from my parents who at nearly 80 have just started using their first  computer and the internet for the first time.

Also looking forward to a 22 mile run in the sunshine (hopefully) this weekend, it's my wife's final long run before her first  marathon (London) and I've been her training partner......phew!

Like 0      
23 Mar 2011 1:11 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I am going to the UK for the first time in over a year.....have a fun packed weekend planned...

On Good Friday my sister is expecting her first Baby...

On Saturday i have tickets for me and my son to watch the Red Devils at the Theatre of dreams.....

On the sunday its my son's 14th Birthday...

On the Monday have 3 tickets for me and my daughters to see Dancing on Ice the live show at Wembley Arena.....

Tuesday to chill out and see family and then back home........

I am really looking forward to it.......

Just as a note....how much is rail travel now in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is costing me less to fly to England than it is to get the train to Manchester from Northampton!!!!!! and it takes 2 hours longer on thje train!!!!

Like 0      
23 Mar 2011 10:39 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Georgia this website might prove useful... (always best to book in advance for price offers).

http://www.thetrainline.com/farefinder/BestFares.aspx?orig=EUS&dest=MAN&out=20110422&monthview=outbound

Anyway enjoy!

Goodstich..wow, well done the both of you. Good luck.

As for me.... looking forward to our trip to the Lake District in May. Bluebells, Azaleas, Rhododendrums etc all in full bloom. Hill climbs. Loads of photographic opportunities in them there hills. Trip to the theatre by the Lake in Keswick (Jazz festival). Chilling with friends after a day's climbing... can't wait.

This message was last edited by ads on 23/03/2011.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2011 11:33 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Looking forward to going to London next month and spending a couple of days in Brighton. Also looking forward to going to Sicily in July. Would like to squeeze in a trip to Valencia too at some point and of course, Grazalema!!! 

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 12:11 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Maybe you'll squeeze Valencia in around 26th June, Susan? Maybe see you there! :)

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 7:28 AM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

A pension.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 8:44 AM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Gosh, what a lovely lot of thigs we're all looking foward to.

Hope you all have great fun.

Take care.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 1:37 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

What could you possible be going to Valencia for Pitby

Maybe we will see you there!

Justin

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 2:28 PM by Kenny Ackers Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Kenny Ackers´s avatar

Hi everyone - dig this!

Spain 10 days holiday over Easter. ( Strikes permitting )

Golfing in the Lakes July.

Spain again August 10 days.

30th wedding anniversary ( just gone ) 

Wife running in the New York Marthon ( 5 days in New york )  Then 7 days in Las Vegas do a show Grand Canyon etc etc.

No haven't won the pools just need to start saving fast!  - Come on, you are only on the planet once!!

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 2:45 PM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

In August, going 4 days to Edinburgh, to see the Military Parade. A youthdream coming true on my 60th birthday!!

What else do I have to see in Edinburgh??

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 2:48 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Kenny

I'm looking for a cheap set of decent golf clubs (I'm a beginner), do you of anyone selling a set in the UK?, obviously I'm looking at ebay, free ads etc also.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 2:58 PM by Kenny Ackers Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Kenny Ackers´s avatar

Hi Goodstich.

I have been playing a long time, So I am pretty tuned in to what I like ( i am mainly Titleist  ).

My advice is to buy a set on ebay That look like in good nick.

Before hand have a lesson from a pro and ask his advice ( decent pro's won't try a hard sell on you )

That way you may have an idea on what you need ie Stiff or Regular shafts, go for well known brands such as Titlest, Ping, Taylor made, Callaway etc.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 3:12 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Kenny

thanks and yes, that's pretty much what I intend to do.  The best value (I'm on a tight budget.....thanks Aifos)  reasonable quality clubs to start with seem to be Wilson and Mizuno or Ben Sayers, though not sure about  Ben Sayers?. The other makes you mentioned are the best but out of my price range sadly, even used.

Like 0      
24 Mar 2011 3:23 PM by Kenny Ackers Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Kenny Ackers´s avatar

Mizuno every time.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

kadoodey - 2 posts
ALHAMBRA GRANADA SATVAV ENTRY IN TOMTOM - 6 posts
Hello, hola. New to EOS. - 3 posts
Hello. - 8 posts
furniture and lighting suppliers costa blanca - 6 posts
Literally lost the thread ! - 5 posts
contract required - 5 posts
Metal Hand rail - 0 posts
air strikes - 3 posts
Good body shop, costa del sol? - 4 posts
Community insurance - 1 posts
I Have a 7.5ton Van Returning From Alicante, Spain On 03rd April - 1 posts
Number of Vice Presidents? - 2 posts
confused about freeview, freesat, hd etc - 9 posts
Still Impressed by the Spanish Health System? - 24 posts
part exchange property - 1 posts
Tax on El Hacho area - 3 posts
Airport Transfer legalities?? - 22 posts
SKY/Freesat & Broadband - 2 posts
Legal lookie lookie men? - 6 posts
Blogs - 3 posts
Libya: What lousy timing - 40 posts
Dacion: any advice? - 6 posts
Time Capsules - 2 posts
Cheap flights? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x