Tax on El Hacho area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

My sister - in - law has just paid a two yearly bil for us ,  if we did not pay we would be landed with a penalty

164.92 Euros x 2 for 2 years for the El Hacho area .

From what I understand it is for the repair of the road etc that the builders messed up during the massive building project up the hill .  When we bought in that region ( the hill going up to what used to be  Becky's ) in Duquesa , we were informed that the builders would do that - fat chance we have of that.

This is a b--- nigtmare - how much more do we have to pay and what about the people who know nothing about it .  We by chance found the invoice in our post box as we happened to be in the area in January which is very unusual for us . We visit 4 - 5 times a year but not in the winter .    How can they just ask us to pay without knowing what you are paying for , If it has not been for my husband's family finding out for us we would never have known about it .

Has anyone else paid these bils and why did we get 2 in a row ?   Why did they not send out one last year or did we miss it ?  We are one of the lucky ones - my husband speaks Spanish and we have  family that can help.    Is this a yearly occurance together with local Income  tax ( which we still haven't paid )  ?     Will be enternally grateful if anyone can enlighten us .

Like 0      
20 Mar 2011 1:42 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Tamsin, take a look at the link below, which contains information re El Hacho. You will see that this entity was to be dissolved, but perhaps the invoices you have paid are for 2009/2010. I'm not sure invoices were sent out last year due to the dissolution of the entity, but maybe someone else can help, particularly on the Manilvalife.com forum.

http://www.manilvalife.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=44

Like 0      
20 Mar 2011 2:34 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Are you saying that we should not have paid these bills?   I read the forum discussions but am still not clear.  Is there no one else on EOS living in that area who can help?  If we have paid an invoice for something we did not need to then we will never get that money back?   

Like 0      
20 Mar 2011 4:52 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

We live on the hill but haven't had any invoices.  The entity was dissolved though lots of people still owed for the invoices from before this time.  In our case at Duquesa Village the developer paid because the site was stil largely owned by them during that period.  I had heard there was to be one final invoice upon its dissolution but never received a bill.  Sorry I can't be more help but the situation has always been very unclear.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Airport Transfer legalities?? - 22 posts
SKY/Freesat & Broadband - 2 posts
Legal lookie lookie men? - 6 posts
Blogs - 3 posts
Libya: What lousy timing - 40 posts
Dacion: any advice? - 6 posts
Time Capsules - 2 posts
Cheap flights? - 2 posts
Help needed re European Enforcement Order - 34 posts
Looking for a leaflet company - 3 posts
Guardamar to Tabarca Island - 5 posts
non resident tax - 7 posts
Dickmanns Car Hire Alicante Airport - 3 posts
spain and the law - 0 posts
moving to spain - 1 posts
Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh Happy St Patricks Day - 1 posts
Insurance for phase 2 on Terrazas - 1 posts
Help Spanish banks have gone crazy!!!!!!! - 6 posts
Y net - 7 posts
do you know advantage car hire - 20 posts
diesel additive - 3 posts
old house has never had a Habitation Certifictae - 8 posts
Wii Games for Sale - 0 posts
2 DOUBLE DIVAN BEDS WITH DRAWERS REALLY COMFORTABLE - 0 posts
Private Message rules clarification required. - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x