Legal lookie lookie men?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Mar 2011 12:00 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hola,

Can anyone tell me if the lookie lookie men are mainly legal here? Do the police chase them because they are illegal immigrants or because they are sellilng illegal goods, or because they can´t find any drug dealers to chase?

Thanks,

Julia

Like 0      
18 Mar 2011 10:47 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I would be very surprised if they were all paying their social security

I've never seen them being chased by the police though.  In fact, recently in Puerto Banus the designer shops there were complaining that fake copies of their goods were being sold literally outside of their shops!  The police never do anything there and there are loads of them.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Mar 2011 10:56 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Thanks Justin. I would be surprised if they were all paying their social security too, but hey, WTF? I have paid enough social security for me and all the lookie lookie men in Spain put together, so let the hacienda ´share the love´.

I have seen them chased a few times by the police across the beach in Cabopino, and in Marbella, but it is still a mystery to me how they get into Spain. I have been asked to do an article about it but am drawing a blank about the legalities of the guys being here. I know some of them come over illegally by boat, but feel sure the majority fly here. But what about visas?

Many Thanks,

Julia

Like 0      
18 Mar 2011 11:03 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Some of them are definitely legal here as many have cars, for which you at least need an NIE number to buy.

They are also always really well dressed so I think they probably do OK too.  Saying that, I never seem to see anyone ever buying anything from them.

I think that's the extent of my (limited) knowledge on this subject.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Mar 2011 12:15 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Thanks Justin, and by the way, I find eye on Spain, really really helpful for all sorts of Spanish related questions.

Like 0      
18 Mar 2011 12:17 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

How do I send a private message? Is it just me or have things changed?

Like 0      
18 Mar 2011 1:31 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks

To send a PM just click on the link on the left of anyone's post where it says "Send private message to..."

Justin

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Blogs - 3 posts
Libya: What lousy timing - 40 posts
Dacion: any advice? - 6 posts
Time Capsules - 2 posts
Cheap flights? - 2 posts
Help needed re European Enforcement Order - 34 posts
Looking for a leaflet company - 3 posts
Guardamar to Tabarca Island - 5 posts
non resident tax - 7 posts
Dickmanns Car Hire Alicante Airport - 3 posts
spain and the law - 0 posts
moving to spain - 1 posts
Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh Happy St Patricks Day - 1 posts
Insurance for phase 2 on Terrazas - 1 posts
Help Spanish banks have gone crazy!!!!!!! - 6 posts
Y net - 7 posts
do you know advantage car hire - 20 posts
diesel additive - 3 posts
old house has never had a Habitation Certifictae - 8 posts
Wii Games for Sale - 0 posts
2 DOUBLE DIVAN BEDS WITH DRAWERS REALLY COMFORTABLE - 0 posts
Private Message rules clarification required. - 2 posts
The strikes are off - 6 posts
Ploice warning Latest scam news - 5 posts
Planned airport strike 2011 in Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x